• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Re: looking for openpli supported cheap sat twin tuner #61 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,010 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 10:11

Also, I remember, I had problems a year ago with the DVB-T tuner in the SF8008m, where the 5V would not work in *MOST* images at the time (It worked ONLY in one image, I think it was OpenVIX...)

[frontend] rework DVB-T 5V active antenna

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: looking for openpli supported cheap sat twin tuner #62 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,010 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 9 January 2022 - 11:18

GigaBlue (Front-Display setting in deep-standby?

Test

SystemPlugins/VFDControl

Attached Files

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: looking for openpli supported cheap sat twin tuner #63 speed

• 420 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:59

i like the gigablue ue 4k

and hows the box working no problems with openpli?

any bugs?

I have for OpenPLI a "Octagon SF8008 Twin 4K UHD" (2x DVB-S2 MultiStream), and just bought a "GigaBlue UE 4K" (2x DVB-S2 FBC built in, plus Plug-In-Tuner with 2x DVB-S2 MultiStream).

So far (for me) the Giga UE box works nicely with OpenPLI. Maybe a little better than SF8008 (which has minor issues). But some little things also in OpenPLI with GigaBlue (Front-Display setting in deep-standby? SNR dB for Plug-In-Tuner?)

Nothing is perfect, I'm afraid - but very minor problems so far, and maybe the problems are fixable (I need to find time to write this up...)

Gigablue started with their own hardware (which I assume was OEM made to specifications), but I expected ended up in heavy financial weather, and moved towards OEM rebranding (like the Trio 4K). Nobody's home anymore, not a single response to emails, ...

That is sad, as I just bought a box from them, and it is a nice offer. I hope support in OpenPLI will not go away too soon...

(And yes, probably it was to be expected that it is difficult to make money developing hardware and software, as you write)

what minor issues you have with the SF8008?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users