Photo

Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 kapciu75

• 61 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2022 - 14:39

Good afternoon OpenPLi users.

Could you post here OpenPli bootlogo splash here?

I am Gigablue UE 4K user. The box uses splash bootlogo not included in OpenPLi firmware.

I would appreciate if you could post some custom made OpenPLi splash bootlogo files.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #2 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2022 - 14:53

The bootlogo is supplied in the official OpenPli versions. If your box has a modified/homebuild OpenPli, you don’t have the right to use the original bootlogo…

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #3 kapciu75

• 61 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 4 January 2022 - 15:41

I am not talking of bootlogo. The one with "white small human on the blue screen". I am talking of splash screen which It is not included in the OpenPLi firmware.

Maybe I should ask developers to attach splash OpenPLi screen for Gigablue boxes firmware.

The bootlogo splash screen is included in splash_cfe_auto.bin file which is not included in OpenPLi firmware for Gigablue.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2022 - 16:03

The manufacturer splash screen. Unlike some other images we don't meddle with it.

So if someone has the original file, please post it so we can add it to the wiki.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #5 kapciu75

• 61 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 5 January 2022 - 14:01

I had TeamBlue splash_cfe_auto.bin before. OATV has their own one. But both of them look weird with your firmware on board.  :( 

Hope you wil have yours someday.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 5 January 2022 - 17:53

OpenPLi is never modying the splash screen so there is no OpenPLi splash screen.

You need to find the official splash screen or flash the manufacturer official image hoping that they include the splash screen.

It's a real pity images that think smart to replace the manufacturer splash screen.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #7 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,020 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2022 - 12:52

Gigablue UE/QUAD 4K original Gigablue splash.bin

rename splash.bin as splash.bmp when see

Attached Files

Edited by Dimitrij, 18 May 2022 - 12:55.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #8 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:01

Hi all.

The guy had OpenATV installed and this Enigma2 (this OpenATV) unfortunately overwrites the original Splash Screen with a new one, produced in the OpenATV team.

But that doesn't mean we can't help this guy :). There is a problem with the set-top box, not with the Enigma2 itself.

In the case of my Vu+ Solo SE V2, I can't use 720x576 resolution because the bootloader doesn't read this image size. I don't know why I have to use a resolution of 720 x 480 and consequently, this image is automatically stretched to a different resolution.

I haven't detected a bootloader algorithm principle, but it's probably checking the correct file size. If it is incorrect, it will not be displayed at all. If the file was smaller (850 kB), it was not displayed at all. Instead of a splash-screen, I only saw a black screen. However, if the image was around 980 kB - 1100 kB, then it worked.

Step by step:

1. you need a BMP-image (.bmp file)
2. it should have 720x480 resolution and 24 bit colors (RGB = 3 x 8 bit, no "Alpha" byte)
3. when the BMP image is ready, it must be renamed to the file name "splash_cfe_auto.bin"
4. copy the file to a USB key (FAT32 formatted) in the following folder, depending on the shortcut name of your set-top box:

"/vuplus/your_box/"
(example: "/vuplus/solose/splash_cfe_auto.bin")

A note:

Of course, just use this one splash....bin file ! Do not use the firmware file ! Otherwise, the entire firmware would flash into the set-top box again :).
5. You can now flash your set-top box from the USB key as usual when flashing the set-top box

If you want ... you can try my boot splash-screen. Unfortunately, my original Vu+ splash was also deleted / replaced when flashing the OpenATV image. Therefore, I use this alternative (new) logo for my Vu+ device. BTW, the directory on the USB key, must be renamed according to your set-top-box name.

Attached Files

Edited by s3n0, 19 May 2022 - 09:07.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #9 marto

• 120 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2022 - 11:41

Unfortunately, my original Vu+ splash was also deleted / replaced when flashing the OpenATV image. Therefore, I use this alternative (new) logo for my Vu+ device.

Attached is the original Vu+ splash.bin file in case you still need it.

Attached Files

VU+ Ultimo 4K; Clarke-Tech et9000

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #10 eura

• 79 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2022 - 13:39

Have a Vu+ Ultimo4k with OpenAtv boot logo on tried the above splash_auto.zip but it it doesn't change anything. (No other usb attach and the usb in the front panel)

Grateful for help

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #11 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 19 May 2022 - 13:59

Have a Vu+ Ultimo4k with OpenAtv boot logo on tried the above splash_auto.zip but it it doesn't change anything. (No other usb attach and the usb in the front panel)

Grateful for help

Did you put it in the right folder ?

Did you rename the file name correctly ?

Edited by s3n0, 19 May 2022 - 13:59.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #12 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,396 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2022 - 14:44

First unpack the zip file.  ;)

Take the right logo and put it on a stick and flash it like a regular image.

https://wiki.openpli...actory_bootlogo

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #13 SK8PT

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 January 2023 - 19:26

Hi,

Have the bootlogo splash screen for Zgemma H8.2H ?

Or how to get from other box?

Thanks.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #14 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 12 January 2023 - 22:46

@SK8PT :

Hi.

Download and extract the following archive file:

https://forums.openp...en/#entry549387

Make a new folder on FAT32 formatted USB stick, named as "h8".

Then... copy the extracted "splash.bin" file into the "h8" folder.

Insert the USB key into the device and it will perform the normal flashing procedure via USB key.

NOTE:

If you're creating your own splash-screen, create an image with an aspect ratio of 16:9 - such as 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Edit or draw what you need in the graphic editor. Then change the size of the image to 720x576 (the image will change the proportions and look narrowed). And then use this file as a splash-screen.

You can also try the archive that I created - see attachment.

Attached Files

Edited by s3n0, 12 January 2023 - 22:49.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #15 adam59

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2023 - 08:04

for ultimo4k

ultimo4k.jpg

https://uploadfile.p...399---1ke7.html

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #16 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 13 January 2023 - 09:41

We are talking about Zgemma :) and not Vu+ :).

But thanks for the post. The Vu+ Ultimo 4K splash-screen might also help someone here.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #17 SK8PT

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2023 - 18:24

@SK8PT :

Hi.

Download and extract the following archive file:

Make a new folder on FAT32 formatted USB stick, named as "h8".

Then... copy the extracted "splash.bin" file into the "h8" folder.

Insert the USB key into the device and it will perform the normal flashing procedure via USB key.

NOTE:

If you're creating your own splash-screen, create an image with an aspect ratio of 16:9 - such as 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Edit or draw what you need in the graphic editor. Then change the size of the image to 720x576 (the image will change the proportions and look narrowed). And then use this file as a splash-screen.

You can also try the archive that I created - see attachment.

Hi!

Thanks, working good!

But original splash from my H8.2H is this one do you have?

IMG-2983.jpg

Thanks.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #18 SK8PT

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 January 2023 - 19:16

Update!

I made it: 720x576 BMP 24 BIT

splash.png

Just download and rename .bmp to .bin and flash!

Thanks.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 January 2023 - 19:41

Please zip and attach it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Bootlogo (splash_cfe_auto.bin / splash_cfe_auto.bmp) #20 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 13 January 2023 - 19:55

And what about the proportions ? Will they not change after flashing ?

No need to compress this 16:9 aspect ratio (1920x1080 - DVB) to the old 4:3 aspect ratio (NTSC = 720x480 @ 2x29.97 / PAL = 720x576 @ 2x25.00) ?

If you upload / flash it to your set-top box, the aspect ratio is preserved or changed (after turning on the set-top box, on your TV).

//// EDIT :

Ah, OK, sorry, that's already 720x576 format. But it seems to me that you did not compress it, but just cut it. Or is it just my imagination ?

Edited by s3n0, 13 January 2023 - 20:04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users