29 replies to this topic

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 21:07

Yes, nobody has ever added it.

What does it do, where can it be found, why is it needed?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #22 boolean

• 215 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 January 2024 - 22:39

When it comes to IPTV, I'm guessing that 98% of the users are using Android boxes with clients such as TiviMate. Apps like this provide a fully featured front-end for XC, M3U and Stalker sources.

The 2% that is using DVB STB's for this purpose, currently have two feasible options:

1. Use a TiviMate alternative for E2 like X-Streamity (already in the feed), which is a "portal" that provides you everything you need (i.e. channels, EGP, picons, etc.) in its own GUI;

2. Manually create bouquets, select channels, link external EPG sources, import the correct picons for each reference which is quite cumbersome.

When opting for #2, Bouquet Maker Xtream (currently in dev feed) will make your life less miserable by providing you a powerful GUI that automates the creation of bouquets based on the source (i.e. XC, M3U) you provide. It also has the ability to link EPG, download the corresponding picons and save them using the correct reference ID (SRP or SNP). EPGImport is responsible for making the EPG data available (from the selected sources).

Now you have bouquets, with channels and matching picons, but some channels might still be missing EPG. This is where Jedi EPG Xtream comes into play. This tool provides an intuitive GUI which allows you to manually link channels to the correct EPG source. It's using fuzzy string matching to quickly provide you with suggestions on what channel to link to which source.

SOURCES

X-Streamity

Bouquet Maker Xtream

Jedi EPG Xtream

Edited by boolean, 10 January 2024 - 22:41.

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 January 2024 - 22:53

I have been using JediMakerXtream for ages, and never had any EPG issues. So what you're saying in effect is that BouquetMakerXtream has less functionality and needs an additional plugin to fetch EPG?

I personally find the biggest issue with both these tools, is that they generate random fake service references for the IPTV channels, which is the root cause of the misery.

If instead they should have used the correct service references (as broadcasted), or generated a correct epgimport file (mapping the generated service references to existing channel definitions), it would work a lot better.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #24 boolean

• 215 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 11 January 2024 - 03:21

I have been using JediMakerXtream for ages, and never had any EPG issues. So what you're saying in effect is that BouquetMakerXtream has less functionality and needs an additional plugin to fetch EPG?

I think it depends on your use case, but you probably know that better than I do. With certain IPTV providers, Jedi Maker Xtream isn't able to get any EPG data at all, while Bouquet Maker Xtream does, so it's definitely an upgrade. However, for some channels the IPTV provider might not have EPG data available or it's incomplete. For these scenarios you'd want to link the correct (3rd party) EPG source manually, and this is where Jedi EPG Xtream comes in.

I personally find the biggest issue with both these tools, is that they generate random fake service references for the IPTV channels, which is the root cause of the misery.

If instead they should have used the correct service references (as broadcasted), or generated a correct epgimport file (mapping the generated service references to existing channel definitions), it would work a lot better.

Isn't it the other way around? IPTV providers are the cause (their references aren't representative/transparent) and these tools merely exist to work their way around that.

Edited by boolean, 11 January 2024 - 03:24.

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 January 2024 - 15:23

IPTV providers don't provide references, whether they provide their channels in json or m3u format.

Service references are Enigma specific, required if you want to put a URL in the channel list, and it is tools that import IPTV channels into bouquets that generate the fake service references.

In itself it is not a problem to generate fake service references, as long as the tool can generate the correct epgimport mapping.

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #26 Isaac

• 30 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2024 - 14:14

PS. I'm also using Jedi EPG Xtream, which is a great addition to Bouquet Maker Xtream and a life changer when dealing with EPG and IPTV. Is there a reason this isn't currently in de feed (release nor NB)?

Add my vote to please add Jedi EPG Xtream to the feed.

* Octagon SF8008 (Develop Build)

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #27 Isaac

• 30 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2024 - 22:03

python3-fuzzywuzzy (fuzzy wuzzy is a better module for matching strings for the epg selection on Jedi EPG Xtream) is missing on the feed for example.

There is a 'fall back' built in for images which doesn't have fuzzy wuzzy on the feed - but on every Jedi EPG Xtream start it checks for dependencies and fail on that fuzzy wuzzy module. If you want to ignore that check, see that post:

The plugin doesn't require fuzzywuzzy to run. Although it is better if you have that package as it finds better channel matches.
There is fallback code for images that don't have fuzzywuzzy package. ie. Dreamboxes.

Does the plugin install ok, but you just get this dependancies message every time it runs.
If the IPK has installed OK, you can just remove the dependancies check. Then it wont prompt you every time it runs.

in
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/JediEPGXtream/main.py

look for this line (around line 116)
self.onFirstExecBegin.append(self.check_dependencies)

and replace it with
self.onFirstExecBegin.append(self.start)

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2024 - 13:48

If that is a dependency and if we decide to add it to the feed, we'll add that too.

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #29 Isaac

• 30 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2024 - 14:08

Thanks

Re: openpli 9 and Xtream plugin #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 26 February 2024 - 14:25

Added to the develop build, will be available in the feed after the next build finishes.

I've also informed Kiddac that fuzzywuzzy has been end-of-life for 3 years, and replaced by thefuzz. I don't expect that to be picked up soon, he isn't one to respond to input from others...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users