HDMI-CEC problems

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #21 bastock

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:59

@ims

I have also similar problem with DM500 HD and my Panasonic TV.
Is there a way that i can try your solution with your updated HdmiCec.py ?
Or where can i find the original HdmiCec.py, so i can change it myself.

thanks
bastock

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #22 03397

• 229 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 November 2012 - 13:16

I have teh same problem..

Panasonic Tv+Dm500hd

http://openpli.org/f...0-hdmi-options/

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #23 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:24

@ims

thanks
bastock

unzip it and place it to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components. Then restart enigma and let me know, if it helps ...

Attached Files

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #24 03397

• 229 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:18

@ims

thanks
bastock

unzip it and place it to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components. Then restart enigma and let me know, if it helps ...

I have the same set up DM500HD with panasonic TV.
The file in the suggested directory is HdmiCec.pyo. I have rewrite it with yours and when I restarted the dreambox it never booted succesfully.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #25 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 16 November 2012 - 14:21

.pyo files are 'precompiled' .py files. You can install the matching .py files with "opkg install enigma2-src".

The manual way of getting to HdmiCec.py is download it from our repository
In other words:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components
wget "http://openpli.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openpli/enigma2;a=blob_plain;f=lib/python/Components/HdmiCec.py;hb=HEAD" -O HdmiCec.py
I don't know for sure, but do note that your changes will probably be overwritten on the next update. So keep a copy somewhere safe.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #26 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2012 - 14:26

The file in the suggested directory is HdmiCec.pyo. I have rewrite it with yours and when I restarted the dreambox it never booted succesfully.

But I wrote nothing about .pyo file. I wrote: "unzip it and place it to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components. Then restart enigma and let me know, if it helps ..."
Now you must place this .py file (via telnet/putty/totalcommander...) to directory ( as .py !!!) again and turn off/on box. Will be recompiled new true .pyo and enigma will start well.

Edited by ims, 16 November 2012 - 14:29.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #27 03397

• 229 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 November 2012 - 17:10

But I wrote nothing about .pyo file. I wrote: "unzip it and place it to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components. Then restart enigma and let me know, if it helps ..."
Now you must place this .py file (via telnet/putty/totalcommander...) to directory ( as .py !!!) again and turn off/on box. Will be recompiled new true .pyo and enigma will start well.

Thanks for the explanation. I did exactly what you told me but I have the same behaviour as before. When I hit the power button of my dreambox rmote TV turns on, dreambox turns on but Tv stays at tuner and does not switch to HDMI.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #28 Yada

• 47 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:50

I had similar problem on my Philips and DM800SE ... when on TV was DVB-T and was wake-up dream, then TV did not switch to HDMI1 too ( but was displayed name of dream on TV).
I think, there must be some delay between commands ... added time.delay(0.1) in HdmiCec.py and it seems, it works for me now well.

import time

eHdmiCEC.getInstance().sendMessage(address, cmd, data, len(data))
time.sleep(0.1)

I had issues with my setup VU+ Ultimo -> Samsung ht-e5500(BD receiver) -> Samsung ue55d7005 tv.
The problem was when wake up from standby the tv woke up direct and receiver woke up 20-30 sec later.
This solution with time.delay(0.1) solved my problem with receiver startup delay, and now everything starts instant.
I think ims solution is safe to add to Pli-source as this tiny delay probably won't break things for others.
So please add it :)

Edited by Yada, 17 November 2012 - 19:52.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #29 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2012 - 23:40

Thanks for the explanation. I did exactly what you told me but I have the same behaviour as before. When I hit the power button of my dreambox rmote TV turns on, dreambox turns on but Tv stays at tuner and does not switch to HDMI.

try this version...

(unzip it and place it to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components. Then restart enigma...)

Attached Files

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #30 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2012 - 23:57

if a sleep is needed, we should use a different aproach; push all messages up a queue, fire a timer at a 100ms interval, and pop 1 message at a time.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #31 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:37

dont know... it is whole suspicious... one hour it works well, next hour is not possible switch from TV tuner to box's (TV is black with "dm800se").

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #32 Yada

• 47 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:45

if a sleep is needed, we should use a different aproach; push all messages up a queue, fire a timer at a 100ms interval, and pop 1 message at a time.

Sounds like a good idea, or fire the timer after silence on the bus (incoming and outgoing msg) is perhaps better?
Seems that some devices could be picky about "signal free time" in CEC_Specs.pdf

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #33 bastock

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:26

Thanks ims,

I placed the file into the ../components dir.
I restart the device, and i can see that the file HdmiCec.py is compiled to .pyo
But i still have the same problems.... :(
- my tv doesn't start when i power on my DM 500 HD

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #34 03397

• 229 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:35

try this version...

(unzip it and place it to directory /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components. Then restart enigma...)

Same behavior here.
The dreambox turned on succesfully the same the TV. But the TV does not switch to the HDMI.
I believe that the problem lies to the fact that the dreambox turns on instanteneously but the TV in a while. So, when the TV is turned on the dreambox is already on so there is no need for the TV to switch to the HDMI.

In order for that to work a delay needs to be added of when the dreambox should turn on. So, if for example a delay of 500ms is added the TV should turn first and after 500ms the dreambox will turn on. This will give time to the TV to be turned on first.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #35 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:21

Thanks ims,

I placed the file into the ../components dir.
I restart the device, and i can see that the file HdmiCec.py is compiled to .pyo
But i still have the same problems.... :(
- my tv doesn't start when i power on my DM 500 HD

Your TV doesn't wake-up or do not switch to true input after wake-up ?

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #36 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:34

try this version...

Same behavior here.
The dreambox turned on succesfully the same the TV. But the TV does not switch to the HDMI.
I believe that the problem lies to the fact that the dreambox turns on instanteneously but the TV in a while. So, when the TV is turned on the dreambox is already on so there is no need for the TV to switch to the HDMI.

In order for that to work a delay needs to be added of when the dreambox should turn on. So, if for example a delay of 500ms is added the TV should turn first and after 500ms the dreambox will turn on. This will give time to the TV to be turned on first.

I tried sending sequences for switch to wanted input manualy (when was TV in DVB-T) with same effect...

When TV "want not" , is "not power" switch to wanted input from DVB-T. In time, when TV has "own head", TV is black, but on screen is displayed devicename from wanted input and is not possible switch it then with TV's RC too. Then must go both to standby and next wake-up make it well.
But are days, when all works well.

I think, there must be some missing or move...

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #37 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2012 - 19:12

Try this version...

Attached Files

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #38 bastock

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 November 2012 - 21:52

Try this version...

:( sorry, it still doesn't wakeup my tv

These are my results so far.

What works;
- Put TV in standby
- Handle standby from TV
- Handle wakeup from TV

What doesn't work;
- Wakeup TV from standby
- Forward volume keys
- Switch TV to correct input

My config for the moment is as follows;
My TV 'Pana TH46PZ85E' is configured as 'Hotel mode' and start always on 'HDMI1'
I set my DM Remote in 'TV' mode and wakeup the TV.
Now my DM500HD wakeup also.
Then i change my DM Remote to 'Dream' mode....

When i power off my DM500HD my TV also goes in standby mode.

This is my best solution so far...

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #39 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 20 November 2012 - 22:17

can you place here screenshot of your HDMI-CEC plugin setting ? What all you have pluged in TV ?

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #40 bastock

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2012 - 19:54

can you place here screenshot of your HDMI-CEC plugin setting ? What all you have pluged in TV ?

My receiver (Onkyo) is now connected via HDMI 1 to my TV.
And my DM (a new one 7020HD) is connected via HDMI 3 to my TV.

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)