DM500

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fim

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:28

Hi all,

Recently I was given a DM500 Multimedia TV setup box by a friend of mine.
It was given in a box with the logo Black Box.
I checked the information and it stated
DM500
Processor STBx25xx, 252MHz
Frontend Cable

Software Version
Release 1.9.03.10.2008
X-Line PLi (Rebuilt by SayyID)

My friend's setup box is able to view the World Cup but when I tried updating mine to the same frequency it requested for the security pin at the Setup page of the Menu. I tried to use the same security as that of my friend but it didnt work.

Any ideas how to obtain the security pin without trying it 1 combination at 1 time because if the security pin that you entered was wrong it would block out for a period of time.

Much appreciation as I really wish to watch the World Cup like my friend using the box..
-Fim

edit: [prefix] added

Re: Security pin #2 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:01

Go to website of satellite tv service provider that you use.
Put smartcard on the satellite tv provider in tuner, and re-activate smartcard. (see your satellite tv provider for instructions).

Because it ain't a fta channel you want to see right?

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Security pin #3 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:03

Or, if you're talking about configuration of the tuner, try to reflash it, and then after reflashing it with openpli, select factory default settings and reboot.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Security pin #4 fim

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 15:18

Put smartcard on the satellite tv provider in tuner, and re-activate smartcard. (see your satellite tv provider for instructions).

I am very sorry but I do not understand what do you mean by putting the smartcard on the satellite TV provider in the tuner and re-activating it

Or, if you're talking about configuration of the tuner, try to reflash it, and then after reflashing it with openpli, select factory default settings and reboot.

I have tried reading around and I realized alot of the terms here include flashing or imaging the tuner. I am really lost....

Do hope someone can enlighten me on the security pin part.

Much thanks,
-fim

Re: Security pin #5 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2010 - 16:37

sound like a PLi ripoff image, we cannot possibly give support on such an image.

Re: Security pin #6 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 21:00

I have tried reading around and I realized alot of the terms here include flashing or imaging the tuner. I am really lost....

Much thanks,
-fim

The original OpenPLi image doesn't use a pin as far as i know.
So change software on your DM tuner. If you flash to OpenPLi then you used x-line pli will be removed.
How to install OpenPLi (Dreambox Linux image).
Click here and read the part with the words: How do I install the latest PLi® software into my DM box?
To get OpenPLi for your DM500, click here and download the image archive with most recent date.

Your DM500 can have original OpenPLi for 500 or Chinese or Maxvar version.

Re: Security pin #7 fim

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:28

Hi all,

Recently I was given a DM500 Multimedia TV setup box by a friend of mine.
It was given in a box with the logo Black Box.
I checked the information and it stated
DM500
Processor STBx25xx, 252MHz
Frontend Cable

Software Version
Release 1.9.03.10.2008

My friend's setup box is able to view the World Cup but when I tried updating mine to the same frequency it requested for the security pin at the Setup page of the Menu. I tried to use the same security as that of my friend but it didnt work.

Any ideas how to obtain the security pin without trying it 1 combination at 1 time because if the security pin that you entered was wrong it would block out for a period of time.

Much appreciation as I really wish to watch the World Cup like my friend using the box..
-Fim

edit: [prefix] added

Re: Security pin #8 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:01

Re: Security pin #9 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:03

Re: Security pin #10 fim

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 15:18

I am very sorry but I do not understand what do you mean by putting the smartcard on the satellite TV provider in the tuner and re-activating it

Much thanks,
-fim

Re: Security pin #11 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 13 June 2010 - 16:37

sound like a PLi ripoff image, we cannot possibly give support on such an image.

Re: Security pin #12 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2010 - 21:00

Much thanks,
-fim

The original OpenPLi image doesn't use a pin as far as i know.
So change software on your DM tuner. If you flash to OpenPLi then you used x-line pli will be removed.
How to install OpenPLi (Dreambox Linux image).
Click here and read the part with the words: How do I install the latest PLi® software into my DM box?
To get OpenPLi for your DM500, click here and download the image archive with most recent date.

Your DM500 can have original OpenPLi for 500 or Chinese or Maxvar version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users