I will send you a new file by PM in a short moment

Re: BackupSuite #582 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2016 - 16:42

Just submitted a new version to github, here's the changelog:
Spoiler

Anyone who can tell me how to determine the kernelsize residing in /dev/mmcblk0p1 ?

Re: BackupSuite #583 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2016 - 18:45

it is doing a backup ok on vusolSE , but when i press blue button to delete any older backup i cannot see option delete to remove any old backup , i havedone 3 times back up with BS_git92 & all ok , but option delete from blue button isnt show delete option it shows only Restore backup, i forgot to mention i am running currently openatv5.1

Edited by fankoosh, 14 February 2016 - 18:48.

Re: BackupSuite #584 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 14 February 2016 - 20:02

Did you also exchanged all changed files like
plugin.py
schermen.py
backupsuite.sh?
And did you an enigma restart?

If you browse to your latest made backup's in /fullbackup_solose/ and place the cursor on the latest back-up you must have at the yellow button the Back-up info and the blue button is delete.

I only tested it for Openpli, can judge on other images.

In my former post I stated:

If you want to be able to do this also for your older backups then you'll have to move the file:
imageversion
from the data folder to the folder above (in the folder right under the folder /fullbackup_<model/<date_time>/ )

this has to be

If you want to be able to do this also for your older backups then you'll have to move the files:
imageversion and the file BackupSuite.log
from the data folder to the folder above (in the folder right under the folder /fullbackup_<model/<date_time>/ )

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 14 February 2016 - 20:05.

Re: BackupSuite #585 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:47

ok @Pedro newbie, never mind , i got it after i scroll here & there to find it & it was not labeled here in my image as ( backup_delete) on blue button , but it functions & asking me to delete backup , where as yellow button is labeled (Backup_info) & gives me backup info detail, i guess openatv has a diff key_map. i created an .ipk for ur latest BS_git92 & test it on my vusoloSE & do a 100% backup , i would like to share it here & everyone can use it, thanx @Pedro_Newbie

Attached Files

Re: BackupSuite #586 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:57

ok @Pedro newbie, never mind , i got it after i scroll here & there to find it & it was not labeled here in my image as ( backup_delete) on blue button , but it functions & asking me to delete backup , where as yellow button is labeled (Backup_info) & gives me backup info detail, i guess openatv has a diff key_map. i created an .ipk for ur latest BS_git92 & test it on my vusoloSE & do a 100% backup , i would like to share it here & everyone can use it, thanx @Pedro_Newbie

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   74.35KB   9 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   67.89KB   8 downloads

Re: BackupSuite #587 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:34

Hi, if anybody is able to help it would really help me.

I have tried to back up my image using the backupsuite 'back up to HDD' option (green) but i get the same message that i get when trying to back up to USB saying 'most likely this back up can't be restored because of its size, it's simply too big to restore due to a bootloader limitation'.

Is there a way of creating a successful back up with this option at all? Thank you, in advance..

Re: BackupSuite #588 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2016 - 18:29

As I told you already by PM:

You can create a backup and ignore the warning. You can however most likely only restore the backup by the backupsuite via the blue button.

This restores the backup with the ofgwrite utility which overcomes the limitation of 128MB when you try to flash the backup via an USB-stick.

Re: BackupSuite #589 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2016 - 13:55

Many thanks Pedro. I successfully created a back up and you were right when you said I can ignore the message because the back up I made has been restored without a problem!
Thank you for your advice.

Re: BackupSuite #590 Blacksimon

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2016 - 19:57

Hi Pedro_Newbie,

I have a question to ask regarding Zgemma H2.H model: what is the /zgemma EXTR2 value in lookuptable.txt? the backup seems structured so strange (zgemma folder inside h3 folder), so I changed the file in this way:

BRAND AND MODEL    Zgemma H.S/H.2S/H.2H  
MODEL              h3
SHOWNAME           Zgemma H.S/H.2S/H.2H     
FOLDER             /backupsuite/zgemma/h3
EXTR1              /backupsuite/fullbackup_h3
EXTR2              
MKUBIFS_ARGS       -m 2048 -e 126976 -c 8192
UBINIZE_ARGS       -m 2048 -p 128KiB
ROOTNAME           rootfs.bin
KERNELNAME         kernel.bin
ACTION             noforce
and I get a "normal" backup with only the .log file out of place (in /fullbackup_h3/<date_time> and not in /fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/h3 folder)

Edited by Blacksimon, 22 February 2016 - 19:59.

Zgemma H7S Openpli 6.0 R.C.
Zgemma H2.H OpenPli 6.0 R.C.

Zgemma H2 OpenPli 4

Re: BackupSuite #591 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2016 - 20:41

The structure is exact like it is when you download a clean image here on Openpli.

This image is structured:

/zgemma/h3/imageversion
/zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
/zgemma/h3/noforce
/zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin

If you make a backup on an USB-stick you get exactly the same structure

azcfht.jpg

AND an extra backup with the structure:

/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/BackupSuite.log
/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/imageversion
/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/zgemma
/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/zgemma/h3
/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/zgemma/h3/noforce
/fullbackup_h3/<date_time>/zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin

So it is the normal structure but with the BackupSuite.log and imageversion moved direct under the <date_time> folder. This is done since the last version so you are be able to see the imageversion with the yellow button when you browse through the folder /fullbackup_h3

You can also now delete old backups with the blue button.

Your structure doesn't give you a direct flashable structure when you make a backup onto an USB stick. Also why you are using the folder /backupsuite/ is not clear to me.

But it is a free country, if you like your structure better please be my guest and use it, but I won't

One word of warning: If you don't want your changes be overwritten, when there is an update of the BackupSuite, copy the file lookuptable.txt to the folder /etc. There it is save for any update and won't be overwritten.

See the description under the heading Git 87  29-12-2015 under the info button in the BackupSuite

Re: BackupSuite #592 Blacksimon

• 51 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 February 2016 - 21:45

Thank you for fast replay, now I understand your improvement.
I use /backupsuite folder because I save backup in microSD class10 ext4 formatted also used for recording, timeshift or epg data, etc. and not so important the structure for direct flash.

Edited by Blacksimon, 22 February 2016 - 21:47.

Zgemma H7S Openpli 6.0 R.C.
Zgemma H2.H OpenPli 6.0 R.C.

Zgemma H2 OpenPli 4

Re: BackupSuite #593 martininhio

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 March 2016 - 13:08

Is there a way to schedule a weekly backup? 

Re: BackupSuite #594 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 29 March 2016 - 13:12

For that purpose you'll have to use the plugin automatic-fullbackup by Dimitrij

Re: BackupSuite #595 martininhio

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 March 2016 - 13:14

For that purpose you'll have to use the plugin automatic-fullbackup by Dimitrij

Thanks!

Re: BackupSuite #596 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2016 - 17:51

Please can you advise what to do as i have a problem using the backupsuite.

I have tried to back up my image to my HDD but usually it would take 8-10 minutes but instead it has gone through the process and "executed" in literally 5 seconds.

I have checked and there is no back up saved. Please can you advise me what i should do..

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Re: BackupSuite #597 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2016 - 18:30

Please post the logfile /tmp/BackupSuite.log and the answer to your problem could be the messages shown on screen, what is the output saying.

But again the logfile could shed some light on the problem

Re: BackupSuite #598 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2016 - 20:59

Hi Pedro, thanks for your post.

I have done as you advised but the log is empty!

I just tried to do a back up again but i get the whole process finish and the message 2 execution finished'2 come up in about 5 seconds again.

I have checked and although i could see a back up with today's date for each time i tried earlier there is actually nothing inside the back up itself when i check.

Re: BackupSuite #599 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 April 2016 - 21:14

Hi Pedro, thanks for your post.

I have done as you advised but the log is empty!

I just tried to do a back up again but i get the whole process finish and the message 2 execution finished' comes up in about 5 seconds again.

I have checked and although i could see a back up with today's date for each time i tried earlier there is actually nothing inside the back up itself when i check.

IN WHITE TEXT:

mkdir: can't create directory ' /media/usb/bi' : No space left on device

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite/backupsuite.sh: line 315: can't create/media/usb/bi/ubinize.cfg:nonexistant directory/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/BackupSuite/backupsuite.sh: line 315: can't create/media/usb/bi/ubinize.cfg:nonexistant directory cat: can't open '/media/usb/bi/ubinize.cfg': No such file or directory 

touch: /media/usb/bi/root.ubi: No such file or directory

chmod: /media/usb/bi/root.ubi: No such file or directory

Create: kerneldump

/media/usb/bi/kernel.bin: No such file or directory

IN RED TEXT:

Image creation FAILED!

PLEASE NOTE: I was trying to back up to the HDD not usb.

Re: BackupSuite #600 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2016 - 05:52

It is most unlikely that the BackupSuite.log is empty, there must be some information in it.

Are you using openpli?

What kind of receiver?

What kind and size of harddisk and is it properly mounted because the backupsuite is trying to make the backup onto /media/usb

Please show the screenshots of the process.

Are you still using OpenXTA?

Otherwise try to make a backup onto an USB-stick

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 5 April 2016 - 05:53.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users