Photo

Are there still people that use motorised installations ?

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #261 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:55

Please note that I don't have the space in my garden to put all of these in, BUT I do have a Wavefrontier T90 (yep, the big one) with 8 LNB's on it, and using SCR, all 8 positions can be viewed simultanuously on all receivers in the house. That's enough for me. No rotor-related trouble.

Erik, very nice setup. Can you give a little more details, eg. brands (LNB's, switches, etc.).

Thanks.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #262 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:13

LNB's: the cheapest I could get, various brands and types. Most important, when you're using a Wavefrontier, is that they're narrow and small (so a "long neck" won't help) otherwise you'll won't be able to fit them.

Switches: two JESS switches, each 4 positions in, 2 x 6 UB out (see signature).

That's enough for me, other positions either don't have a significant amount of FTA service, or languages I don't understand or simply can't be received here (either because of footprint or because of the roof of the house).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #263 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 30 March 2018 - 23:45

Attached File  T90.jpg   64.26KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Multi-Connects.jpg   33.26KB   2 downloads

Attached File  T90-skew-2.jpg   49.86KB   2 downloads

My current satellites on that dish are 12.5W, 7.0W, 5.0W, 0.8W, 3.0E, 4.8E, 7.0E, 9.0E, 10.0E, 13.0E,16.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 26.0E. Plus a couple of other dishes connected to the same system.

2x Spaun, uncommitted, and 4x committed, allows 19 LNB.

I used to have that dish set up for 30.0W to 26.0E but across such a wide range it is a bit deaf at either end. Had to make a custom LNB bar for that range.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #264 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:03

You have replace the LNB rail so you can fit in LNB's close together. This a real problem on the Wavefrontiers.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #265 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 31 March 2018 - 15:38

Yes, I made a custom bar, and it is longer too. I think 3 degrees separation is about the minimum using the standard LNB holders. On mine I have 9.0E and 10.0E on 2 different LNBs (using multiconnects). That was before getting involved with enigma2 and I had plenty of free time.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #266 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2018 - 11:02

The standard LNB holders of the T90 are bad, a total blemish on this great product. One issue is that the bolts that secure the ring are on the side, taking more space than necessary. Another issue is that you can't adjust the height of the LNB. The only thing you can do is try to approximate the "best"  position by adjusting the angle of the complete dish, based on the first and the last LNB. My experience is that reception of individial LNB's can be improved if they could be positioned higher or lower towards the bar.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #267 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2018 - 14:39

Yep. The holders I am using are fully adjustable. Can raise/lower, point up/down, left/right, and slide along the bar.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #268 Gringosat

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 April 2018 - 16:35

Ok, i can see nobody here can help me about my request so i'll avoid to use channel selection and i'll use "Motor setup" when need to move from one sat to other.

Regards

Edited by Gringosat, 1 April 2018 - 16:36.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #269 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 1 April 2018 - 19:37

Yep. The holders I am using are fully adjustable. Can raise/lower, point up/down, left/right, and slide along the bar.

Did you make it yourself? I assume such a comprehensive holder is not commercially available?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #270 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 1 April 2018 - 23:33

I bought the holders online a few years ago. I don't remember where from. And made the rail.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #271 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2022 - 09:34

When I made the original calculations for the enhancements in the PositionerSetup, I could ever only test these with the rotor that I had at that time. Some years ago I had to replace it, but I used the same model (still with plastic gears unfortunately). The rotor step size for my model is 0.36 degrees, while the most common rotors in use have step sizes of 0.1 or 0.11 degrees.

There is a trade-off in the speed of movement and the stability/time of the measurements.

My question please to those of you that use this plugin and that have rotors with such step sizes : Is the plugin working to your satisfaction regarding speed, range and measurement stability in the auto-focus and calibrate functions ?

If possible, please report the step size that you use and your comments - if any.

I am interested in your experience since I will soon need to replace my rotor (with a model with metallic gears hopefully).

Edited by rhinoceros, 8 March 2022 - 09:38.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users