Photo

Are there still people that use motorised installations ?

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #141 raj3664

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 April 2012 - 19:42

ive figured out a way to do it.. if i move the dish to a better signal and change the settings straight away to diseqc then the dish doesnt move again and the stronger signal is locked and working! i am a happy chappy haha! thanks everyone for your help! much appreciated

raj

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #142 gerard0610

• 939 posts

+41
Good

Posted 5 April 2012 - 17:19

Dear ‘rhinoceros’ and others.

First my compliments tot rhinoceros, all the OpenPLi members and other people how support the improvement and expanding of the options.
This is great job, Thanks.

I am actual studying all the info and test actual all the possibilities

I am now notice something what I can’t explain.
If I use the Autofocus option in combination with my VBox this option is operating Oké (so with DISEqC 1.2 -stored positions)

However if I am using the option Autofocus in combination with my DiSEqC rotor (configuration in OpenPLi as USALS) the rotor is indeed moving. But after several steps it ends always with the message ‘Can not determinate the west-limit’
If I look under the Info/EPG button I see a strange thing which could be the cause of this Phenomenon.
I see that:
the Lokatie noorderbreedte’/ ‘Location north latitude’: 50.8 north
the location ‘westerlengte’/ ‘location south latitude’: 5.1 east
Bezig met autofocus …. enz. (performing autofocus ..)

Strange: These are the value’s which OpenPli is default mention in there settings (see my remark below).
But I have defined in OpenPLi in menu – Instellingen – Zenders zoeken – Tuner configutatie – TunerX – Selected here:
-the Locatie ‘noorderbreedte’/ ‘Location north latitude’: 5x.xx north
-the location ‘westerlengte’/ ‘location south latitude’: x.xx east
So other values because I live somewhere else.

Could this be the cause that the Autofocus is not popper working in combination with a DiSEqC rotor defined with USALS?

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #143 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2012 - 07:28

hey guys

ive installed the new positoner setup but i am still having trouble moving the dish manually.. when i enter the positoner setup and manually move the dish to get a better signal it finds the signal and locks it but when i exit i find that the dish has moved again and retrieved the old crappy signal or no signal in most cases. I am just wondering if i missed anything? any help would be appreciated.

thanks
raj

It seems your dish is not perfectly aligned. Neither is mine, by the way. I guess it will be rare to find such perfect setups. Don't worry. It is for this situation that I put in the 'Calibration'. What you should do is press that button. When the measurement is finished, write down the correction calculated and use that to correct your actual geoposition that you entered in the tuner configuration. You can then do a Calibration again to verify that your signal is now the same as what you determined with 'Autofocus'.

Or you could switch to using Diseqc 1.2 for a single, several, or all satellites and store the positions individually. As you wish.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #144 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2012 - 07:35

Dear ‘rhinoceros’ and others.

First my compliments tot rhinoceros, all the OpenPLi members and other people how support the improvement and expanding of the options.
This is great job, Thanks.

I am actual studying all the info and test actual all the possibilities

I am now notice something what I can’t explain.
If I use the Autofocus option in combination with my VBox this option is operating Oké (so with DISEqC 1.2 -stored positions)

However if I am using the option Autofocus in combination with my DiSEqC rotor (configuration in OpenPLi as USALS) the rotor is indeed moving. But after several steps it ends always with the message ‘Can not determinate the west-limit’
If I look under the Info/EPG button I see a strange thing which could be the cause of this Phenomenon.
I see that:

Strange: These are the value’s which OpenPli is default mention in there settings (see my remark below).
But I have defined in OpenPLi in menu – Instellingen – Zenders zoeken – Tuner configutatie – TunerX – Selected here:

Could this be the cause that the Autofocus is not popper working in combination with a DiSEqC rotor defined with USALS?

Thank you for your kind words and for reporting this issue. This looks like a bug. I will try to reproduce it. However, to better understand your setup it would help me if you could post here your settings file (/etc/enigma2/settings). If you need help to do that let me know, please. If you see your geoposition in that file you can replace it with xx since I don't need that information.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #145 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2012 - 08:26

I see that:

Thank you for your kind words and for reporting this issue. This looks like a bug. I will try to reproduce it. However, to better understand your setup it would help me if you could post here your settings file (/etc/enigma2/settings). If you need help to do that let me know, please. If you see your geoposition in that file you can replace it with xx since I don't need that information.

I seem to be unable to reproduce this problem. I tried 'simple', 'advanced no usals' and 'advanced usals' in Tuner Configuration. You must define the geoposition separately in 'simple' and in 'advanced'. But as long as you do that the 'Autofocus' works fine here, though I have only one LNB, no positioner box.

So I definitely would like to understand your configuration. If you could post your settings file, please, or else describe your tuner configuration as you see it in the screen. Thanks.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #146 gerard0610

• 939 posts

+41
Good

Posted 7 April 2012 - 10:22

@ rhinoceros.

I send you a PM with detailed information.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #147 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:16

The dish does not show if you set 'Use Power Measurement' to yes. The dish only shows if Power Measurement is set to no. It has always been like this, by design. It is not a bug but a feature in as far as I know. Mind you, if you set Power Measurement to yes, you need to be sure that your box also supports that. The ET9x00 box or drivers do not support Power Measurement (at present) even though the setting is available. That could perhaps be considered as a bug.

Is this bug still on ET9x00?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #148 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 16 March 2013 - 20:07

Guys,
It seems my rotor (Moteck SG-2100) needs an offset of about 0.7 east to get stronger signal on most satellites.
In the positioner setup menu there are lots of options such as CALIBRATE, CALCULATE etc.
Unfortunately, when I fine-tune the signal, I am not sure how to store it and when i exit Positioner Setup, a question pops up whether to get back to the channel I was watching. When I press OK, it does get back to the channel but at the same time the dish gets back to the original position, which I don't want.
How can I store the offset setting for one particular satellite or even the same offset for all satellites?
There must be something I am missing here.
Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. There is something in Diseqc called Re-calculate. This is largely undocumented by Eutelsat and does not seem to be implemented in most rotors. Even if it would, I believe I would not want to use it anyway. I therefore abandoned the idea to support it. If you think it is useful for you and you would like to use it, let me know, please.

Maybe that would help in my case?

Edited by Robinson, 16 March 2013 - 20:11.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #149 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:13

First check the motor s in sync. Send the motor to zero. Then send back to X and check the signal again. If you still think your motor requires 0.7º it must have slipped round the pole a bit and needs adjusting... but you can fudge it. Go into tuner config and change your longitude to 0.7º further west than it really is. Or if you want to do it on a satellite by satellite basis set USALS to no and save the correct position.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #150 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:52

Go into tuner config and change your longitude to 0.7º further west than it really is.

Thanks. It helped.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #151 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 17 March 2013 - 15:54

In Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> Tuner configuration -> Tuner A there are severalal options to configure if you have a rotor:

Turning step size [deg] - 0.360
Horizontal turning speed [deg/sec] - 2.3
Vertical turning speed [deg/sec] - 1.7

I checked Moteck SG-2100 manual and it indicated speed values of 2.5 and 1.9, respectively. So I changed these values but what is the best way to determine turning step size. I think it is smaller than the default value of 0.360 in the case of SG-2100.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #152 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2013 - 16:02

Tuning step size is important in order to measure the right points. If not in the documentation, you can estimate it by stepping manually from one known orbit position to another. In case of your rotor the value could perhaps be something like 0.112 or so. I am not sure.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #153 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2013 - 18:09

I think the values are only being used to estimate when the dish arrived on location?

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #154 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:55

Negative. The tuning step size is VERY important and is used to calculate the aperture angles on the reception range but also to translate degrees in steps and vice versa in many other places. In some of the functions the rotor is single stepped in increments. But those steps need to be converted into degrees to know actually how far the rotor is moving relative to the aperture. The total range is limited (hard coded) to a number of degrees to limit the search range and to avoid erroneous and excessive movements, for example but there are other more subtler uses as well such as the calibration of the usals zero position.

The default values are for my rotor. Since I have learned that many rotors have a lot more steps per degree. It means amongst others that auto focus will take a lot more time since many more positions will need to be measured. Sorry for that!

By the way, the doc file is outdated now. The diseqc recalculate command is now implemented. For the not so faint of hart users.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #155 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,275 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:01

As far i can see in dish.py for the time calculation fixed values are used... Not those from the config.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #156 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:23

Dish.py is an independent development which was included after my amendments to the Positioner Setup. The config values are from the user and should take priority. Time calculation in Dish.py also should try to estimate the inertia of the dish, i.e. the times to accelerate and decelerate the rotor. In the Positioner Setup plugin estimated (fixed) values are used for that because time is also needed to stabilise the dish before measurements are meaningful. That bit is not needed in Dish.py.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #157 sector_d

• 23 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:25

Sorry to have missed this topic...

I certaninly am another one that still uses motorised system!

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #158 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:24

Join the club. No need to feel sorry by the way. I hope you find what you need in the PositionerSetup screen to set up you motorised system. When not, gladly let us know, please.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #159 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 28 September 2013 - 16:19

Hello guys,

I seem to have a problem with my Moteck SG2100 rotor.

By looking at the scale on the rotor, I can see that the rotor moves further than it should.

For example, when I want to move it by 25 deg, it moves about 27-28 deg. Consequently, if I want to move it by 45 deg it moves about 50 deg. The same happens both directions (west, east).

So the error is about 10%.

Any idea what has happened and how can I repair it?

RESET does not help.

In PositionerSetup I can see a function called "calibrate" but I'm not sure how to use it and if it can really help.

I'll be grateful for any ideas.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #160 XoXo_

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 September 2013 - 16:24

Try to change your coordinates if you're using USALS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users