• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #21 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 23:05

@Huevos,

Then please post your sources here. You say it is working on VU and ET this single code?

yes it based on my version of blind scan, that i tweaked and recode to work on both boxes in single code. Huevos has taken it even further and done a fantastic job.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #22 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2012 - 23:10

Are all patches done in that same py file regards the scanning???

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #23 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:02

Is your code GPL? Seems very interesting and usefull blindscan additions. Another good addition would be to update satellites.xml with new transponders found, marked with a flag as feed transponders or not.

I'm not sure about the license. You'd need to check with Andyblac. He wrote the code for the Vix image. I just modified it a bit and submitted it back to the Vix team for them to use as they please.

Attached Files

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #24 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:18

@Huevos

ver1 suited to et9h00?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #25 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:37

@Huevos

ver1 suited to et9h00?

I haven't used it personally on an ET9x00, but it has been tested by the Vix team on those receivers and is reported to work fine.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #26 Pale-Rider

• 126 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 13:33

I have tested it on the uno and ultimo and it works perfectly on both.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #27 andyblac

• 465 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 15:48

Is your code GPL? Seems very interesting and usefull blindscan additions. Another good addition would be to update satellites.xml with new transponders found, marked with a flag as feed transponders or not.

yes, my code was based on vuplus blindscan plugin, found in there git. so is GPL and also found in my git.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #28 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 16:09

I understand... but you version is a saperate plugin. The other version is integrated into the manual scan

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #29 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 16:13

Hi,

as only Vu+ /Xtrend using same DVB-S Tuner AVL2108 provide some kind of opensource (not like DMM with their closed source) Blindscan enabled E2-Binary for configuring Blindscan directly in Scan-Setup Screen. So does it really matters, when it is outsourced to a Plugin, when the AVL (Binary) Blindscan is only supported by Vu+ /Xtrend AVL-Tuner based STBs?

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #30 Frogman

• 389 posts

+68
Good

Posted 17 February 2012 - 16:33

Today i get an error updating my blindscan:

Upgrading enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-blindscan on root from 2011-04-15 to 2012-02-14...
Downloading http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-2.1/et9x00/3rd-party/enigma2-plugin-system
plugins-blindscan_2012-02-14_mipsel.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-blindscan:
*	  unknown *

Today the error still occurs. Why this faulty version remains on feed?
Most problems can be solved simply by a closer look.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #31 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 17:28

Nothing wrong with keeping a catalogue of your finds but I don't think satellites.xml is the correct place to do it. The thing is a feed might be up for 5 minutes and never seen again. If you keep scanning a satellite that is busy for feeds you might end up with satellites in your satellites.xml with hundreds of transponders listed when there are just a handful of permanent ones on the satellite. When it comes to doing a service scan that scan will take much longer than necessary as the receiver trawls through the oversize list of non-existant transponders. There are other issues to like the receiver would need to be restarted after every scan for the changes to be meaningful... and you could no longer uses satellites.xml as a source of transponders to ignore.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #32 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2012 - 19:02

I can not understand :) .
Which version to use on et9000?
Who can accurately answer?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #33 Bernado

• 63 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 19:44

getting Huevos version to run on openpli et9x00 requires some adjustment atm it seems

OURSTATE: tuning
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 371, in doClock
self.prepareScanData(orb, pol, band, is_scan)
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/Blindscan/plugin.py", line 446, in prepareScanData
if config.misc.boxtype.value.startswith('vu'):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/config.py", line 1577, in __getattr__
KeyError: 'boxtype'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Blindscan.doClock of <class 'Plugins.SystemPlugins.Blindscan.plugin.Blindscan'>>,()) failed)

after deleting lines 446-448 blindscan ok

thanks to rhinoceros and Huevos for sharing their code

Edited by Bernado, 17 February 2012 - 19:44.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #34 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:06

deleting lines 446-448

config.misc.boxtype.value

Is there not a similar variable in OpenPLI that can be used to discover which type of receiver is executing this code?

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #35 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:21

You can call a function in Components.About for that....

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #36 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:14

Yes, GPL in as far as I am concerned. Don't know about the mods by ET, though.
Note that symbol rates can be entered with 5 digits, but will be truncated to a multiple of 1000. This is a limitation in the binary.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #37 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:40

I can not understand :) .
Which version to use on et9000?
Who can accurately answer?

I started this thread with an update to the existing blindscan plugin by ET. That plugin also provided the binary. The thread is now confused because another separate plugin was proposed. They two have different approaches and perhaps different uses. The plugin that I proposed is integrated with the existing scan menu entry and is a blind scan period. The plugin proposed by Huevos is a separate plugin with many more features for I would say users with particular interests.

The main reason why I started to work on the blind scan plugin is that I believe that when there is a plugin in the feed, it should be working as well as possible. And personally speaking this kind of blind scan is fine for me. It allows me to scan a satellite even though I have no reliable info on the transponders. This form of pure blind scan is also what is offered in non-linux boxes and could therefore be considered as core functionality, I believe.

For real dye hard blind scanners, the plugin proposed by Huevos is great, of course. This kind of scan requies some dedication to work with. There are numerous feeds reported that are only 4 MHz apart with the same polarity and symbol rate. And as already remarked, these feeds probably live only for a short time only to reappear at an unknown point in the future.

So, bottom line, it depends on your interests. I hope I have answered your question here.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #38 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:43

Today i get an error updating my blindscan:

Upgrading enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-blindscan on root from 2011-04-15 to 2012-02-14...
Downloading http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-2.1/et9x00/3rd-party/enigma2-plugin-system
plugins-blindscan_2012-02-14_mipsel.ipk.
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-blindscan:
*	  unknown *

Today the error still occurs. Why this faulty version remains on feed?

I apologize for that. I haven't paid enough attention to the dependencies. The install works fine it you do this in telnet with --force-depends. I will re-package it.

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #39 halflife

• 59 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:49

just tested on astra 19E with et9000, works fine, 1302 serviced scaned! it takes about 12-13min on default settings

Re: Improved version of blind scan for ET9x00 only #40 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:59

I apologize for that. I haven't paid enough attention to the dependencies. The install works fine it you do this in telnet with --force-depends. I will re-package it.

Ok, Hope this one works fine.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users