vu+(not tested)

et (not works)

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: System Time #23 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 12 October 2014 - 04:28

Thanks for updating this plugin. It works fine on my VU+ Duo2. We need a plugin like this in the U.S. because the fta transponder time is not reliable. I had been using an earlier version of this plugin but was having time problems from deep standby. Now that issue seems to be fixed. EB

Re: System Time #24 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:18

None of them? I can't believe that. I am also used to some providers or some transponders having a bollocks time, but that's only a few of them.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: System Time #25 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:30

Version: 1.0-rc5

-add http://sourceforge.n...25b27a380410d0/

Re: System Time #26 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:11

None of them? I can't believe that. I am also used to some providers or some transponders having a bollocks time, but that's only a few of them.

A few of the fta transponders will display the correct time but many will not. So you can expect to see the time change several times when you change channels if you are relying on transponder time here in the States.

Re: System Time #27 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:32

Just out of interest: how many fta-services are available in the States? And can E2-boxes be used for subscription cards?

Re: System Time #28 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:44

A few of the fta transponders will display the correct time but many will not. So you can expect to see the time change several times when you change channels if you are relying on transponder time here in the States.

transponder time is fetched only at enigma2 start, and not on every zap, so setting as the startup channel any service from a 'reliable' transponder should do the job...
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: System Time #29 el bandido

• 364 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:12

Just out of interest: how many fta-services are available in the States? And can E2-boxes be used for subscription cards?

There are several hundred fta channels available on the C and Ku bands, more if you count the radio channels. But most of the content on these channels is similar or equal to terrestrial channels. There are a few fta channels that are different, and these free channels will be spread out over the entire satellite arc that is viewable from the U.S.
No subscription cards that I know of are availble from the the U.S. satellite providers.

Thanks for the information about transponder time only being fetched at start. I do prefer the plugin that has been provided in this thread because it works very well. I have had too many problems with transponder time in the past and will stay with internet time as long as it is available.

Re: System Time #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:47

So you really need a rotor or a WaveFrontier ;) At least you have the advantage you can understand most of them, here in Europe every country has at least one own language, some of them use four!

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: System Time #31 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2014 - 19:45

transponder time is fetched only at enigma2 start, and not on every zap, so setting as the startup channel any service from a 'reliable' transponder should do the job...

This is not true, my experience is that on my xp1000 using openpli4 the systemtime jumps forward / backward giving issues in my oscam setup. This happens mostly after zapping to another sat position / foreign channel.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: System Time #32 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 16 October 2014 - 19:55

System time change after zap if current transponder time +/- to 2 min.

Edited by Dima73, 16 October 2014 - 19:55.

Re: System Time #33 socks

• 54 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 11 November 2014 - 15:37

Looks like pool.ntp.org is hardcoded now. Would be nice if I could enter my own (internal) time server (IP address or hostname).

Re: System Time #34 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2014 - 17:37

Looks like pool.ntp.org is hardcoded now. Would be nice if I could enter my own (internal) time server (IP address or hostname).

In my opinion this is unnecessary.

Re: System Time #35 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2014 - 18:15

Still enigma2 will not receice any trigger when ntp changes the time.... so when using this system could lead to mistakes. Worst case even enigma2 can feeze...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: System Time #36 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2014 - 20:16

This is necessary, a well secured network does not allow random connections to the outside.

Re: System Time #37 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,016 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2014 - 21:57

This is necessary, a well secured network does not allow random connections to the outside.

ok

version 1.1

-added change host/ip

Re: System Time #38 socks

• 54 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2014 - 13:33

Thank you!

Tried with my internal NTP server and it works great.

Re: System Time #39 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2014 - 16:06

ok

version 1.1

-added change host/ip

Added to the 3rd party feed.

Re: System Time #40 dym1

• 11 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 29 November 2014 - 08:35

Hello @Dima73

Slovakian translation

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugin

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users