• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #81 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2013 - 11:41

The license put on the skin by the author.

As @blzr already mentioned, this modification doesn't seem to be in conflict with the author's license.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #82 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 11:44

seems that it's more or less 'free' - we can use it in OpenPLi image...skin itself it's under something like 'do whatever you want but keep the license and author attribution'/?/:

<!-- MetrixHD v1.1b (Rev.9A58C3632A) by iMaxxx for VTI v5.0.xxx -->
<!-- recommended to use only with XPicons (transparent light) -->
<!-- You can modify and redistribute it as long as you keep this License and the original author for the skin and all of your modifications -->
and whole plugin is under (copy/pasted? ;)) 'CC-3 with an exception for DMM (!) hardware'//the funny thing is that this skin is originally designed and maintained for the VTI (vuplus!) image :P one could call this license choice rather not the most fortunate /?/...

Good said ;-)

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #83 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 11:47

The license put on the skin by the author.

As @blzr already mentioned, this modification doesn't seem to be in conflict with the author's license.

Sure they aren't. It is still iMaxxx work and he is mentioned wherever possible. We created just mod which is compatible with OpenPLI and improved it a lot. Original author could also take our work and reuse in his original skin for VTi. So everybody can benefit...

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #84 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2013 - 11:48

Absolutely, this is the Open Source spirit, I just wish everyone would understand that.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #85 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2013 - 13:02

...so could you please modify main.xml file and send it to me? I will merge it - But please without short description so left part displays only the chanel name and the extended description ---> as it is now for one line list. Thx!

I will just fork the repo and send you a pull request (possibly in the evening?), it should make things easier...
but regarding this movieselection patch:
- you're sure you don't like the recorded event title (please note, it's not the short description!) in the left window?
IMHO it looks quite logical as a whole: title, then channel name and then the description (see the picture)... having only channel name at the top sometimes makes me unsure at the first sight, to which event relates given description...
and what are the cons?
- to be sure, I assume you accept the font change in the list - from regular to setrixHD?

Attached Files

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #86 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 13:05

Absolutely, this is the Open Source spirit, I just wish everyone would understand that.

Yes you right, many people just takes somebody's else work and declare it as their work. But this is not the case ;-) We just want to make the best skin for OpenPLI and I would never do this If I wouldn't believe this is the best skin ever for enigma2. And I've tried lot of them :-) Cheers.

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #87 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 13:11

...so could you please modify main.xml file and send it to me? I will merge it - But please without short description so left part displays only the chanel name and the extended description ---> as it is now for one line list. Thx!

I will just fork the repo and send you a pull request (possibly in the evening?), it should make things easier...but regarding this movieselection patch:- you're sure you don't like the recorded event title (please note, it's not the short description!) in the left window?IMHO it looks quite logical as a whole: title, then channel name and then the description (see the picture)... having only channel name at the top sometimes makes me unsure at the first sight, to which event relates given description...and what are the cons?- to be sure, I assume you accept the font change in the list - from regular to setrixHD?thanks :)

Yes, that's the way I like to work. Anybody can fork and then commit their changes. If good, then will be merged into master.

I would agree with font change but for that title I'm not sure. Because first you will select the movie (and you know what is selected) and then on the left you have just channel name and desription. For me, in many cases it did not look good with title in the first line as this area was very narrow. Also I don't need to see the title as you can see it at the right selected ;-)

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #88 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2013 - 13:35

ok, I'll leave the left window changes out of this patch then (although this lone channel name at the top looks a little strange to me, don't ask me why ;))

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #89 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 19:39

@blzr Thanks. I have noticed you are member of PLI Betateam so maybe you will know... I've made a pull request into the OpenPLi (some Slovak language strings) repository 3 or 4 days ago but nobody responded so far. Do you know how often the requests are processed by contributors ? 

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #90 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,306 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2013 - 20:53

Please post a .patch here on the forum... in the language thread....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #91 royski03

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 21:35

so now i installed pli 3.x latest image new, latest memetrix everything ok even i have the weather.... BUT:

no picons!

i put them in :

media/hdd/XPicons/Picon ( even tried Picon)

usr/share/enigma2/XPicons/Picon ( even tried Picon)

i am sorry but i really dont know what i am doing wrong?

Hope anyone can help me with this.

Royski

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #92 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 April 2013 - 21:57

it should be picon folder (with a lowercase 'p')...

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #93 royski03

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 22:08

thx blzr.  changed it and restarted the box, still no picons shown

now i have:

media/hdd/XPicons/picon  and  usr/share/enigma2/XPicons/picon

any other suggestions?

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #94 kocus37

• 121 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 22:14

Hi,

try media/hdd/picon or  usr/share/enigma2/picon

OpenPli 4.0 - Vu+Solo2 - 30W Hispasat

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #95 royski03

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 22:36

ok update now. I deleted all picon dirs and copied them over again.

Now i have picons on german channels but not on the 23.5 ones. : https://www.dropbox...._3_22012013.zip

I found these but somehow the HD channels like NED1 hd, NED2 hd do not work.  The SD channel picons do show up.

Can it be that the pictures are adressed wrong?  and if so how can i point them to the right channel ?

Anyone has an idea?

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #96 Ollie

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 23:09

same problem here btw

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #97 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 2 April 2013 - 23:22

If picons are not displayed for some channels you most probably have the old outdated picons. You need to update them so the picon identifier match the given channel. Also be aware that there are no xpicons for Astra 23.5 providers. Hope somebody will create Xpicons also for providers broadcasting on 23,5.

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #98 royski03

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 April 2013 - 08:25

check this link it says xpicons for 23.5 channels!

https://www.dropbox...._3_22012013.zip

\

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #99 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 3 April 2013 - 09:49

Hi,

Just my two cents,  if you have an Xtrend you don't need to have your picon in 8bits it will also display higher bits picons without any problem (I am talking here of original Openpli 3.0 skin).  Other hardware needs 8bits picons otherwise they are simply not displayed.

So on Xtrend picons can be nicer (more colors than on the other boxes).

So check the picons that you have if they are 8bits or not, if not please convert them to 8bits and test.

Question about Xpicons:  

I read in this whole thread and I saw that they need to have a size of 220x132  but you didn't specify if they need to be 8bits or not?

Would be nice if we can use higher bits picons on other boxes too.  ;)

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: MyMetrixHD for OpenPLI 3.x #100 Misiak

• 77 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 3 April 2013 - 10:20

check this link it says xpicons for 23.5 channels!

https://www.dropbox...._3_22012013.zip
\

Thx, but it's only for CanalDigital. I would need for Skylink :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users