Photo

Change from openvix to openpli - lose existing hdd recordings?

openpli openvix hdd recordings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xdoktor

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2023 - 17:01

Hi all,

So having been a long time user of OpenVix, as title asks as I'M NOT SURE, if I was to flash VU DUO 4K to Openpli would I lose all the existing recorded items from TV etc on the installed HDD?

cheers

X

Re: Change from openvix to openpli - lose existing hdd recordings? #2 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,333 posts

+46
Good

Posted 30 December 2023 - 17:08

No. Everything on hdd is preserved.

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: Change from openvix to openpli - lose existing hdd recordings? #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2023 - 17:09

No.

A flash would only wipe everything in flash memory (or, if you are using multiboot, only the root filesystem in the multiboot slot).

You would lose all your configuration, timers, autotimers, channel list, etc, as they are located in the root filesystem. You could manually save them by copying /etc/enigma2 to a safe location.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Change from openvix to openpli - lose existing hdd recordings? #4 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2023 - 12:01

Hi all,

So having been a long time user of OpenVix, as title asks as I'M NOT SURE, if I was to flash VU DUO 4K to Openpli would I lose all the existing recorded items from TV etc on the installed HDD?

cheers

X

Easiest would be enable multiboot and flash PLi into a different slot. That way you can try PLi without deleting your current install.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: openpli, openvix, hdd, recordings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users