205 replies to this topic

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #81 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 14 November 2014 - 15:44

@Acds,

forgot to say.

The plugin works so imho you should try to get it onto the feeds and then more peolple will be able to help test it better.

You can then make changes that will be easier for all to get with normall updates. ;)

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #82 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2014 - 17:42

Will this plug-in be included in the OpenPli feed (plug-ins - Extensions) ?

Willy

Yeah, I think so.

@Acds,

sorry for the delay in getting back (shopping), but have more time for feedback this week.

The last changes you made are very good, UK loadepg is working, tidy "filteredchannels.xml", cosmetic changes are looking much better and "Warning Message" excellent.

However, it's still a little confusing on what is happening on exit.

exp: 

After (mapping/save/install), do you leave sellected "Load Epg" entries sellected or un-sellect them (for some reason I find you have to leave at least one entry), maybe this should be auto-unselect ?, as they are still there when you return for other changes. The same question could also apply to the "Bouquet Selection" (page 1) ?

Not sure, if I can make incremental changes in one visit, or have to leave EPGF and start freash with next/separate bouquet ?

cheers Col

Bouquet selection is vital for final step(creating filter file), because only channels from selected bouquets will be looped.

EPG selection screen is saved but not important for the final step because epg entries selection are only used when you are reviewing epg data. 

All your manual mappings are saved and will be used for channels inside selected bouquets from the first screen.

You can make changes incrementally but when you are ready to make a filter file you need to select all bouquets which channels you wan't to have in the filter file.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #83 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:24

You got it. :)

Bouquet selection is vital for final step(creating filter file), because only channels from selected bouquets will be looped.

EPG selection screen is saved but not important for the final step because epg entries selection are only used when you are reviewing epg data. 

All your manual mappings are saved and will be used for channels inside selected bouquets from the first screen.

You can make changes incrementally but when you are ready to make a filter file you need to select all bouquets which channels you wan't to have in the filter file.

@Acds,

This is a Big  ASK for a newbie, not sure how you could make it easier to understand, but in your words is "vital" and I have to agree. Because this is where I have had the most frustration :huh:

Please get it into the feeds for all to try, I'm sure we all can help "Iron out the creases".

Keep "Plugin" man

Cheers Col

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #84 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:39

You got it. :)

@Acds,

This is a Big  ASK for a newbie, not sure how you could make it easier to understand, but in your words is "vital" and I have to agree. Because this is where I have had the most frustration :huh:

Please get it into the feeds for all to try, I'm sure we all can help "Iron out the creases".

Keep "Plugin" man

Cheers Col

I still don't see it in the plugin list while Eric told me it might popup after the nightly build.

Perhaps full update is required or something. All we can do now is wait. :)

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #85 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 15 November 2014 - 20:13

@Acds,

not sure how the process works, as an example, "Pedro_Newbie" plugin "BackupSuite" went through the same as you are trying to do.

Give him a PM, I totaly recommend his plugin and support he has given to all.

cheers Col

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #86 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:48

I have corrected the channels Rytec file.

Removed a lot (hopefully all) of the preceding 0's.  f.i 00C00000 is now C00000

etc...

This will increase the change of a successful match, and consequently less manual links to be made.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #87 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:13

I have corrected the channels Rytec file.

Removed a lot (hopefully all) of the preceding 0's.  f.i 00C00000 is now C00000

etc...

This will increase the change of a successful match, and consequently less manual links to be made.

Willy

Nice.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #88 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 16 November 2014 - 14:26

One more thing to say. As people start to use the plugin they can post their filtered rytec files somewhere and you can add those mappings to the default channel file.

We could get to 100% auto mappings for practically all channels very fast.

Theoretically, auto-upload of these manual mappings is valid solution as well. Only problem is someone needs to confirm the mappings are correct because users can theoretically create wrong mappings by mistake.

Edited by Acds, 16 November 2014 - 14:28.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #89 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 16 November 2014 - 16:24

One more thing to say. As people start to use the plugin they can post their filtered rytec files somewhere and you can add those mappings to the default channel file.

Theoretically, auto-upload of these manual mappings is valid solution as well. Only problem is someone needs to confirm the mappings are correct because users can theoretically create wrong mappings by mistake.

i hear a volunteer ;)

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #90 Taykun345

• 1,297 posts

+41
Good

Posted 16 November 2014 - 18:10

Ok, here is one example and I hope someone can explain me how to go around this problem:

I download two packages, Rytec Slovenia and Rytec UK. Rytec UK overwrites one channel (Travel Channel HD) with English EPG but I also have same channel in Rytec Slovenia with Slovenian language. Because Rytec UK is downloaded after Rytec SLO, Slovenian EPG is overruled. How to fix this using EPG Import filter?

Thanks

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #91 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:10

Ok, here is one example and I hope someone can explain me how to go around this problem:

I download two packages, Rytec Slovenia and Rytec UK. Rytec UK overwrites one channel (Travel Channel HD) with English EPG but I also have same channel in Rytec Slovenia with Slovenian language. Because Rytec UK is downloaded after Rytec SLO, Slovenian EPG is overruled. How to fix this using EPG Import filter?

Thanks

Hm, you can't. Only thing you can do is to run the import process twice (run correct epg source 2nd).

This feature could be "fixable" if epgimport plugin would have a option of sorting the order of the epg sources.

Maybe you can do it manually if you open rytec source file (etc/epgimport) and cut/paste slovenian source after the uk one. Perhaps then it will then load after Uk source and you will have desired epg data.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #92 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 16 November 2014 - 23:02

i hear a volunteer ;)

oh noes. :)

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #93 Ampersand

• 224 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 18:08

Should this plugin work with other images? I tried with VTi but no go... says downloading channel file and nothing else happens...

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #94 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2014 - 20:05

Should this plugin work with other images? I tried with VTi but no go... says downloading channel file and nothing else happens...

Did not test with any other image because I am exclusively using PLI. Does epgimport plugin works with VTI?

I guess on VTI temp folder is not etc/epgimport. Can you confirm that?

Edited by Acds, 18 November 2014 - 20:06.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #95 Ampersand

• 224 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2014 - 15:11

Path to rytec.sources.xml is exactly the same (/etc/epgimport/) but your plugin uses /tmp folder to download files, epgimport works flawlessly.

Edited by Ampersand, 19 November 2014 - 15:12.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #96 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2014 - 20:38

Path to rytec.sources.xml is exactly the same (/etc/epgimport/) but your plugin uses /tmp folder to download files, epgimport works flawlessly.

/tmp folder does not exists on VTI?

I guess some adjustments are needed. I tried to make plugin as similar to epgimport so I use same routine as epgimport to fetch download tmp location.

Is the VTI epgimport plugin code same as the openpli version?

Edited by Acds, 19 November 2014 - 20:39.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #97 Ampersand

• 224 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:11

/tmp does exist of course. I wanted to tell you that your plugin stores temp files in /tmp folder and I assume this part is ok here on VTi. VTI epgimport plugin code is the same, maybe skin problem here. I will try to investigate a bit more.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #98 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:16

VTI epgimport plugin code is the same,

Maybe not exactly the same. 

VIX has produced a slightly different EPGimport.  In order to select the download site (the program selects a download site at random - determines if it is available - if not it takes another site) it use a hidden file - the name escapes me at the moment).  Can you look for an hidden file in the /etc/epgimport map pls.  If you have this you are using the VIX variant. 

Both the OpenPli and VIX variant uses this method, but it has been implemented different.

I can also see which variant you are using if you post the rytec.sources.file you find in the /etc/epgimport/ map.

f.i. the VIX variant uses a much simpler sources file.  One of the possibilities is attached.

Willy

Attached Files

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #99 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:52

VTI epgimport plugin code is the same,

Maybe not exactly the same. 

VIX has produced a slightly different EPGimport.  In order to select the download site (the program selects a download site at random - determines if it is available - if not it takes another site) it use a hidden file - the name escapes me at the moment).  Can you look for an hidden file in the /etc/epgimport map pls.  If you have this you are using the VIX variant. 

Both the OpenPli and VIX variant uses this method, but it has been implemented different.

I can also see which variant you are using if you post the rytec.sources.file you find in the /etc/epgimport/ map.

f.i. the VIX variant uses a much simpler sources file.  One of the possibilities is attached.

Willy

That could explain the problems with epgimport filter plugin.

Edited by Acds, 20 November 2014 - 10:52.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #100 Ampersand

• 224 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:42

Code is the same as I compared every file has been downloaded from here: https://github.com/p...gin-xmltvimport. Not sure if this is correct source...

No hidden files found:

root@vuduo2:/etc/epgimport# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root           240 Nov 20 11:32 .
drwxr-xr-x   39 root     root          7848 Nov 20 09:47 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         21525 Jun 13 22:38 rytec.sources.xml

I use more complex sources xml file, see attachment.

Any chance to have log or syslog implemented for this plugin?

edit: I found something:

Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/tcp.py", line 277, in connectionLost
    protocol.connectionLost(reason)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py", line 191, in connectionLost
    self.factory._disconnectedDeferred.callback(None)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 368, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 464, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 551, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImportFilter/EPGImportFilterWorker.py", line 302, in proceedCreateFilteredChannelFile
    proceedCreateFilteredChannelFileThread(result, filename, False)
exceptions.NameError: global name 'proceedCreateFilteredChannelFileThread' is not defined

Attached Files

Edited by Ampersand, 20 November 2014 - 11:46.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users