• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #41 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 1 November 2014 - 09:36

Ok here it is v.1.1.

There is no documentation and the Advanced screen is a bit complex, but here goes some level of explanation.

General idea behind the advanced matching screen is that you can have complete control over what the EPGImport plugin is doing.

The advanced matching screen is split into left and right section. On the left side, in the list, we review all the channels from our chosen bouquets from the beginning screen. If you change active bouquets on the beginning screen and go back to advanced option the visible channel list will refresh.

Pressing Ok button on the left side list will zap to that channel.

On the right side of the screen we see 3 lists. Upper list represent matches for selected channel in the left side list. That means every time we select different channel on the left side the right side list will refresh and show found matches for selected channel in the left side list.

Initial matching is done only by reference id, therefor on the right side we will see matches found for our channels that have matching ref in rytec channels file.

By clicking <> buttons we can focus the left side / right side list. If we selected right side list and press Ok, we will tag/un-tag the selected match. By un-tagging selected match we will actually block EPGImport plugin from importing epg data for that channel.

Considering that there are entries in the rytec epg files that are not yet matched to all existing channel ref's it's possible that some of our existing channels are unmatched because there is no known ref id in the channel file.

We can proceed now to name matching by loading epg data. Epg data files are actually the files that contain all channel epg data. We do that by clicking the red button on the advanced screen. 

We chose the rytec sources and press blue button (proceed).

Now we need to wait epg loading process to finish. The epg parser will recognize all program id's from the epg files and load 4 next events for each program. This is essential for the next matching step we need to do.

By clicking > button we will select right side list. Using 1,2,3 buttons will force name matching for selected channel versus all channels in the epg program files.

Name matching is done using libdiff library. This means that after we select a channel and press 1 or 2 or 3 button the right side list will show additional entries. These entries represent closest name matched from epg program file for that selected channel.

In addition below right side list we have 2 additional list. Right-bottom-left list represent epg data for selected match in the right side list and right-bottom-right list represent epg data for selected channel

on the left side list.

Now we can start reviewing all the data for our channels. We can analyze all name matches and review epg data and confirm that selected channel match is indeed our selected channel.

We can determine that channel match is actually correct but data is not as good as we want it to be so we can just left channel un-mapped so epg data won't load. This is the case with C+DEPORT HD channel. Someone should really investigate why that channel have such bad epg data.

Button 1 - will match left list channel with 10 closest name matched at 50% similarity(or 10% if none found)

Button 2 - will show 30 closest  matches

Button 3 - will show 50 closest matches

Button 4 - will show all bouquet channels (default)

Button 5 - will show only channels matched by ref

Button 6 - will show only channels that are not matches by ref

After we are done with matching we can press green button and save all of our matches. This is important because next time we open EPGImportFilter it will contain all previous matches.

Now we can press blue (install) button and create new filtered channel file that will have correct matches for our epg import plugin.

I know it's a bit of a complex routine but it's the simplest way I figured out to analyze and match large collection of rytec epg data files.

In addition when epgimport plugin now imports epg data for my 120 channels favorite bouquet it will last only few minutes (even if my channels are spread across 10 rytes sources) and will take only few megabytes of precious receiver memory.

@ Acds,

can you include these instuctions within your plugin in the form of a help-file.   ie [Press Info Button for Help]

Col

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #42 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 1 November 2014 - 10:48

Ok here it is v.1.1.

There is no documentation and the Advanced screen is a bit complex, but here goes some level of explanation.

General idea behind the advanced matching screen is that you can have complete control over what the EPGImport plugin is doing.

The advanced matching screen is split into left and right section. On the left side, in the list, we review all the channels from our chosen bouquets from the beginning screen. If you change active bouquets on the beginning screen and go back to advanced option the visible channel list will refresh.

Pressing Ok button on the left side list will zap to that channel.

On the right side of the screen we see 3 lists. Upper list represent matches for selected channel in the left side list. That means every time we select different channel on the left side the right side list will refresh and show found matches for selected channel in the left side list.

Initial matching is done only by reference id, therefor on the right side we will see matches found for our channels that have matching ref in rytec channels file.

By clicking <> buttons we can focus the left side / right side list. If we selected right side list and press Ok, we will tag/un-tag the selected match. By un-tagging selected match we will actually block EPGImport plugin from importing epg data for that channel.

Considering that there are entries in the rytec epg files that are not yet matched to all existing channel ref's it's possible that some of our existing channels are unmatched because there is no known ref id in the channel file.

We can proceed now to name matching by loading epg data. Epg data files are actually the files that contain all channel epg data. We do that by clicking the red button on the advanced screen. 

We chose the rytec sources and press blue button (proceed).

Now we need to wait epg loading process to finish. The epg parser will recognize all program id's from the epg files and load 4 next events for each program. This is essential for the next matching step we need to do.

By clicking > button we will select right side list. Using 1,2,3 buttons will force name matching for selected channel versus all channels in the epg program files.

Name matching is done using libdiff library. This means that after we select a channel and press 1 or 2 or 3 button the right side list will show additional entries. These entries represent closest name matched from epg program file for that selected channel.

In addition below right side list we have 2 additional list. Right-bottom-left list represent epg data for selected match in the right side list and right-bottom-right list represent epg data for selected channel

on the left side list.

Now we can start reviewing all the data for our channels. We can analyze all name matches and review epg data and confirm that selected channel match is indeed our selected channel.

We can determine that channel match is actually correct but data is not as good as we want it to be so we can just left channel un-mapped so epg data won't load. This is the case with C+DEPORT HD channel. Someone should really investigate why that channel have such bad epg data.

Button 1 - will match left list channel with 10 closest name matched at 50% similarity(or 10% if none found)

Button 2 - will show 30 closest  matches

Button 3 - will show 50 closest matches

Button 4 - will show all bouquet channels (default)

Button 5 - will show only channels matched by ref

Button 6 - will show only channels that are not matches by ref

After we are done with matching we can press green button and save all of our matches. This is important because next time we open EPGImportFilter it will contain all previous matches.

Now we can press blue (install) button and create new filtered channel file that will have correct matches for our epg import plugin.

I know it's a bit of a complex routine but it's the simplest way I figured out to analyze and match large collection of rytec epg data files.

In addition when epgimport plugin now imports epg data for my 120 channels favorite bouquet it will last only few minutes (even if my channels are spread across 10 rytes sources) and will take only few megabytes of precious receiver memory.

@ Acds,

can you include these instuctions within your plugin in the form of a help-file.   ie [Press Info Button for Help]

Col

Sure, good idea.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #43 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 1 November 2014 - 10:49

@Wan

Accds

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #44 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 1 November 2014 - 10:59

@Acds, thanks, so many good plugins fail at the first step because there is no supporting instructions. :huh:

I will try to put together some screenshots from a new user perspective if that may help others following this thread.

They will be based on the 4 channel test bouquet from posts 28 & 29, which are easy to find on channels.xml. Also I use PLi-HD2 skin.

regards Col

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,508 posts

+1,733
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2014 - 09:03

@Wan

Accds

Invitation is on the way.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #46 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 2 November 2014 - 19:19

@Wan

Accds

Invitation is on the way.

Ok I uploaded the project as e2plugins\EPGImportFilter.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #47 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 5 November 2014 - 16:03

@Acds

I've been trying everything to get this to work but am stuck at channel mapping. I've already loaded the Rytec Benelux epg (Red Button)

Pic 01. Channel mapped correctly. This was already mapped by the program and works fine. Note: The epg channel colour is yellow.

These are the channels I want to map (x3) but not saved yet. In both the epg in bottom right matches

Pic 02. Channel mapped to matching epg. Note: The epg channel colour is green, also the channel and epg names are different.

Pic 03. Channel mapped to matching epg. Note: The epg channel colour is green, also the channel and epg names are the same.

Pic 04. Press Green Save Button.

Pic 05. Press Blue Install Button and Channels begin parsing

Pic 06. Only one channel mapped ?

Any Ideas ?

cheers Col

Attached File  01.jpg   63.79KB   10 downloadsAttached File  02.jpg   60.65KB   7 downloadsAttached File  03.jpg   62.33KB   6 downloadsAttached File  04.jpg   63.07KB   5 downloadsAttached File  05.jpg   65.35KB   6 downloadsAttached File  06.jpg   63.88KB   5 downloads

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #48 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 5 November 2014 - 16:51

@Acds,

i should have added that it does work (Pic 07)

Attached File  07.jpg   83.5KB   11 downloads

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #49 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 5 November 2014 - 18:37

@Acds,

attachicon.gif07.jpg

There was one small bug I corrected earlier today.

The blue button on the advanced screen was creating no xml file. The blue button on the starting screen was creating the file correctly.

I corrected the issue and it's uploaded on the git.

https://github.com/A...EPGImportFilter

Edited by Acds, 5 November 2014 - 18:41.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #50 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 5 November 2014 - 18:39

@Acds,

attachicon.gif07.jpg

There was one small bug I corrected earlier today.

The blute button on the advanced screen was creating no xml file. The blue button on starting screen was creating the file correctly.

I corrected the issue and it's uploaded on the git.

https://github.com/A...EPGImportFilter

BTW, ColinB, now that you managed to use the GUI do you have any ideas how to improve it? :)

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #51 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 5 November 2014 - 19:25

Hi Acds,

I dont know how to use GitHub

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #52 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2014 - 01:23

Hi Acds,

Here you go.

Attached Files

Edited by Acds, 6 November 2014 - 01:24.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #53 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 6 November 2014 - 10:10

Hi Acds,

Here you go.

I will try it out this afternoon

thanks Col

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #54 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 6 November 2014 - 11:47

Hi Acds,

Here you go.

I will try it out this afternoon

thanks Col

Tried this morning and got a crash, log attached.

On first screen wont save sellected bouquet.

After sellecting bouquet exit plugin give save changes, saving is when crash happens.

Attached File  061114_crash_01.txt   1.33KB   7 downloads

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #55 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 6 November 2014 - 13:44

Just noticed the folder name in yor zip is missing an "i"

reads "EPGmport" not "EPGImport"

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #56 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2014 - 14:37

Yup, that could crash it.

Use corrected zip or rename yourself and try again.

Attached Files

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #57 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 6 November 2014 - 14:48

Yup, that could crash it.

Use corrected zip or rename yourself and try again.

I renamed it already and am trying it out now. i will keep you updated when finnished.

cheers Col

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #58 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 6 November 2014 - 21:39

@Acds,

had a good play around this afternoonand eventualy achieved what needed to be done. I've reduced my epg down from 40mb down to 18mb.

There are a few surprises and problems that came to light, some which will be down my channel list, some down to channel references and some that need attention with your plugin.

So starting with the plugin "EPGF" if you don't mind.

On the first page where you select the bouquets to be filtered, after selecting (pic 08) and then pressing Install (Blue) you get a message saying (pic 09)

Attached File  08.jpg   71.85KB   8 downloads Attached File  09.jpg   40.13KB   6 downloads

However if you just exit EPGF it asks if you want to save changes, which it does, so when you go back in its there. The press "Advanced" (Yellow) to continue to next step.

While were here (first page) "Select All" (Green) works fine and will also deselect all if you press it again. Which comes in handy when your ready to exit.

I couldn't work out if "Deinstall" (Red) or "Install" (Blue) did anything, Maybe you can advise later.....  Now onto "Advanced Matching" page.

If you lucky it should look like this (pic 10) which is my UK News bouquet and mapped straight away. Only problem was it wouldn't let me change the mapping ?

But normaly it would be a mixture of mapped and unmapped channels (pic 11)

Attached File  10.jpg   67.73KB   6 downloads Attached File  11.jpg   54.84KB   6 downloads

Now on "Load EPG" (Red) and sellect as many Rytec Countries to match the contents of your bouquet (pic 12)

Attached File  12.jpg   77.28KB   4 downloads Problem I had here is pressing  (Green) "Sellect all"  and I got a crash everytime.  crashlog at the end.

Press "Proceed" (Blue) and EPGF begins parsing (pic 13) finishing with (pic 14) epg waiting to be matched.Press ">" to move sellector, press "1" "2" or "3" to find possible matches, sellect one and press "OK" (pic 15) continue till all channels are matched. Then press "Save" (Green) then "Install (Blue) and finaly ending with all your filtered channels in /etc/epgimport/filteredchannels.xml

Attached File  13.jpg   64.17KB   4 downloads Attached File  14.jpg   62.28KB   4 downloadsAttached File  15.jpg   75.99KB   4 downloads

So for you to have a look at of course is the crash at epg source sellection and the install/deinstall part. At the moment I have to delete the EPGF directory completely and start from fresh, which is no problem. also if you could tidy the first line of filteredchannels.xml as it has the first channel reference attached to the end of it.

Cheers Col

Attached Files

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #59 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 7 November 2014 - 00:42

Good finds, will correct these bugs.

Re: EPGImport Filter v1.00 by Acds #60 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 7 November 2014 - 01:34

@Acds,

some other things to consider.

On the mapping page:

Instead of a white cross for sellecting the link, imho a green tick (as in the first page) would look better.

Some info about the different text coulour used. As it is, there is, white, light yellow and bright green.

Some reference (sat or provider) to the individual channel.

chers Col

WD10EARX 1TB

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users