Photo

Really BIG upgrade tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #81 gando

• 43 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2014 - 14:39

I know you guys have a lot of technical challenges at the moment but I have a silly son who tried to update my dreambox DM800 HD SE (Genuine)

On the display I have : dreambox 2nd failed

When I use DCC it says there is no internet connection - the usual restarting the box etc makes no difference going back to the screen described above.

Anyone any idea what I can do?

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #82 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,477 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 23 November 2014 - 15:01

http://forums.openpl...d-stage-loader/

For the DM800 just the same.

or

http://forums.openpl...ith-ota-update/

Edited by Beeker, 23 November 2014 - 15:06.

Dreambox dm920, Uclan Ustym4Kpro, Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K and Dreambox dm8000. Wavefrontier T55 13.0|19.2|23.5|28.2 + Ziggo.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #83 gando

• 43 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2014 - 17:45

I know you guys have a lot of technical challenges at the moment but I have a silly son who tried to update my dreambox DM800 HD SE (Genuine)

On the display I have : dreambox 2nd failed

When I use DCC it says there is no internet connection - the usual restarting the box etc makes no difference going back to the screen described above.

Anyone any idea what I can do?

I cant get an ip address for the box as it does not appear to want to connect to the internet. I have used dreamup , usb connections ,mini usb connector as per other forums but no joy

How can I get it to recognise the internet???

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #84 mimisiku

• 5,464 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:41

You can't! At least just yet.. The box has got its knickers twisted and needs a new bootloader. Only way to do this is by serial connection. Get yourself a miniUSB cable. Download and install the VCP driver (found at Dream's website). Reboot the PC to actualise the new COM port. Download a working version of OpenPli dated 15-11 or lower. Start DreamUp and flash the box
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #85 gando

• 43 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2014 - 20:15

Thanks mimisiku - followed your instructions and now have a working box again- originally I was only getting port 3 on dreamup but this time I also got port 8 and everything worked

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #86 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:31

Is the error that blzr reports fixed?

Do you have a build environment to test a compile run from within?

I had one reference to difflib inside the code. The code was never executing so it did not report problems on normal run but some kind of compile procedure could see it as an issue.

I use difflib.py file renamed as localdifflib.py file so it integrates to the project without the necessity to install difflib library on the linux itself.

No, I don't have the environment to compile the code outside of normal execution on the box itself.

I now have an environment where I can test e2openplugins before submitting them. Problem is only that the rest of the environment doesn't work at the moment (the reason why there are no current images), so I guess we have to wait that out first.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #87 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:02

I made some bad reference change on the last build that might be affecting the compile. So please try again compiling the build with latest git version.

If there are still errors can you post detailed error log so I can figure out what seems to be the problem?

here you are, same error:

]DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
/home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/python-native/python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
ERROR: python setup.py build_ext execution failed.
WARNING: /home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimportfilter/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.14302:1 exit 1 from
  exit 1
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimportfilter/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.14302)

as I already wrote in #67, for me it looks that this plugin as it constructed now to build properly needs some configure.ac in its repo (and correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge in regards of this autotools stuff is, uhm, rudimentary...)
or, maybe you could consider redesign it, so it would be build using setuptools...
you just put all the plugin files into /plugin folder, and add corresponding setup.py,
take a look into one of the other e2openplugins as an example
https://github.com/E...master/setup.py

Ok let's change it in epgimportfilter. How can I add dependency toward difflib in the project so difflib is installed together with the plugin?

you need to add dependency to the plugin recipe:

DEPENDS = "python-difflib"

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #88 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:09

Btw, for building must be for building:

a) removed temporary "strace" from building 

or

b ) updated and patched "strace"

clear homebuilding works then well, no next problems for this time

Edited by ims, 24 November 2014 - 11:49.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #89 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:41

I made some bad reference change on the last build that might be affecting the compile. So please try again compiling the build with latest git version.

If there are still errors can you post detailed error log so I can figure out what seems to be the problem?

here you are, same error:

]DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
/home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/python-native/python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
ERROR: python setup.py build_ext execution failed.
WARNING: /home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimportfilter/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.14302:1 exit 1 from
  exit 1
ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimportfilter/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.14302)

as I already wrote in #67, for me it looks that this plugin as it constructed now to build properly needs some configure.ac in its repo (and correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge in regards of this autotools stuff is, uhm, rudimentary...)
or, maybe you could consider redesign it, so it would be build using setuptools...
you just put all the plugin files into /plugin folder, and add corresponding setup.py,
take a look into one of the other e2openplugins as an example
https://github.com/E...master/setup.py

Ok let's change it in epgimportfilter. How can I add dependency toward difflib in the project so difflib is installed together with the plugin?

Thanks, will make necessary changes. Does adding difflib dependence automatically download the package on plugin installation?

In addition, what is with manual installation (just copying the files to the receiver)? Then user would need to know how to utilize the package download manually.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #90 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:42

Is the error that blzr reports fixed?

Do you have a build environment to test a compile run from within?

I had one reference to difflib inside the code. The code was never executing so it did not report problems on normal run but some kind of compile procedure could see it as an issue.

I use difflib.py file renamed as localdifflib.py file so it integrates to the project without the necessity to install difflib library on the linux itself.

No, I don't have the environment to compile the code outside of normal execution on the box itself.

I now have an environment where I can test e2openplugins before submitting them. Problem is only that the rest of the environment doesn't work at the moment (the reason why there are no current images), so I guess we have to wait that out first.

Thanks for the effort.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #91 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:16

I have tried to do this major update on my vuduo and always it fails.

I have tried 4 or 5 times.

The box reboots, gets as far as vuduo for a couple of minutes and then the display goes blank with a red light top left corner.

I have tried leaving it for a long period but nothing happens.

If I then manually reboot using the rear switch, it will boot up with no problems, but still reports there are 217 packages to update.

Help please!

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #92 dog-man

• 394 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 13:00

Problem solved. I followed instructions in post 19 here : http://forums.openpl...123-fw-version/

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #93 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 13:58

Nope, this is a RUNTIME dependency, so you must specify RDEPENDS and not DEPENDS:

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "python-difflib"

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #94 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:12

The funny thing is that another plugin we recently added (and also reverted) (SeriesPlugin) exactly has this and still gives problems.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #95 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:31

yep, here:

http://forums.openpl...e-4#entry456348

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #96 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:13

What I don't get is that this difflib is supplied by OE. I am not sure though if it's included. But I guess the simple ®DEPENDS being present would be enough reason for bitbake to draw it in.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #97 mimoun01

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:37

bonjour j,espere que vous aurrez une solution 232 mise a jour avec le flach du 19.11.2014   redemare en rouge et bloquer

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #98 Marc-UK

• 39 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 17:56

bonjour j,espere que vous aurrez une solution 232 mise a jour avec le flach du 19.11.2014   redemare en rouge et bloquer

Le forum est en anglais. Pas de français si tu veux des réponses / Forum is in English. No French if you want answers.

Please be more specific:

- What is your box type?

- Which version did you have before? >> Is this the Flash from 19.11.14 you mention?

- What did you do to block your box? >> Update and restart? If so, when did you do this?

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #99 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:01

This most probably is the "DMM receiver bricked after update" which the forum is full about. I guess he should try the search function or look around a bit. And use Google Translate if necessary ;)

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #100 Acds

• 108 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:28

Can someone point out the "configure.ac" file from some already implemented plugin on github. This way I could just reverse-eng my way to the solution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users