Solo se flash openvix openpli

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #21 jimcarrey

• 30 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2015 - 18:29

That's just a graphic on the front, the light glows in the middle, just to make sure though I have just taken the lid of and as I though, no button!

afaik the Solo SE, like the Zero, needs a 'force' file which causes flashing to start automatically when the USB image is detected.

I have the force file in the folder, its just not working.....Man this is such a pain, I didn't have this issue with my zero! 

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #22 tappari

• 121 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2015 - 19:07

What version and build of OpenViX image do you have in the box? Menu -> Information -> About.

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #23 Freon

• 216 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2015 - 19:10

Man the light is also an SOFT TOUCH button. Try it - nothing to lose. 

Here is the video:

Edited by Freon, 23 September 2015 - 19:12.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #24 tappari

• 121 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2015 - 19:12

Read this:http://www.openvix.c...Vu+ Solo SE.pdf

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #25 jimcarrey

• 30 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:41

Man the light is also an SOFT TOUCH button. Try it - nothing to lose. 

Here is the video:

thier is no SOFT TOUCH button on the front....

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #26 jimcarrey

• 30 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:43

Resolved

I tried with another 8gb USB stick and this booted from it straight away.

Thanks to every one for thier input.

Cheers guys.

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #27 fmeijdam

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2015 - 13:55

That's just a graphic on the front, the light glows in the middle, just to make sure though I have just taken the lid of and as I though, no button!

afaik the Solo SE, like the Zero, needs a 'force' file which causes flashing to start automatically when the USB image is detected.

I have the force file in the folder, its just not working.....Man this is such a pain, I didn't have this issue with my zero! 

I also having trouble flashing the Solo SE, if this force file also empty ? I expect some kind of boot file in it.

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #28 fmeijdam

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2015 - 14:00

Does anybody have a guidance what USB stick to use for the Solo SE ?  as the 4G requirement is already overwritten as Jim uses a 8 GB. My Sony 8GB is connecting correct and can be mounted, but no luck with flashing. 

Is there are way to load it from the Vu+ image over the ethernet to OpenPLI ?

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #29 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 14:08

Don't ask me which stick will work and which stick will not. So far I haven't experienced any issues with the sticks I use overhere. Even an Xtrend 8Gb stick worked at the VU+ Solose. ;)
The only minor issue is, that it's hard to see whether the flash is terminated and the power can be shut off / on to boot the box. At the moment I haven't got a Solo se anymore so I cannot give you any extra assistance.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 14:19

It seems to be related to the speed of detection and mounting. The bootloader only waits for a short time to see if USB media is present. Size is not really relevant altought smaller sticks seem to be detected faster.

I have an old 256Mb stick that I use for flashing boxes, and sofar it works fine with all of them.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #31 fmeijdam

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 November 2015 - 14:59

Thanks, just tried also an old 256MB, but no luck.

Is your force.update file also empty as my is ?

Re: Flash vu+ Solo SE #32 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 17:22

I don't have a Solo SE, but as far as I know it doesn't have/use a button to start the flash, so you have to use the force.update file. It's contents is not relevant, it just has to exist.

If you have other USB devices connected, disconnect them before you power up the box, that might also cause your stick not to be recognised.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users