Photo

Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift?

Timeshift

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 satoldtimer

• 54 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:26

Hi,

once again a question to the programmers: Was around no one creates ... a useful version of Timeshift to the PLI incorporate ??? The integrated Timeshift in the PLI is bad and cumbersome! Why does PT (Homey[GER]) not work in the PLI? Always greenscreen. Other images are compatible with PT (Homey[GER]). Only PLI does not.

Can no one make Timeshift up-to-date? Separate recordings per broadcast, when switching "save and record" etc. I do not understand.

On the feed is PT offered ... only crasht it often. Especially with Timeshift end with the stop button. I have already several times addressed here ... crashlog attached ... but no one is interested.

I do not understand either!

A shame about the PLI, that otherwise runs very well ... but without correctly functioning Permanent Timeshift is the image only half the value.

greetings

Attached Files

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:50

Define "bad" and "cumbersome" in this context. In other words, what's missing, then we might add it. Don't count on PTS support.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #3 ROMAN42

• 135 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:54

Yes thats is true, on my VU+DUO 2 crashes are now from time to time but overall this feature works very bad :( but other plug in's such as ''seek bar'' doesn't work at all :lol: Also USB Tuner turbo for DVB-T2 still suspends itself and nobody's care and is expensive as 60 Euro for useless on PLI.

Sony OLED 83' A90J  :wub: Panasonic UHD UB9000 , ONKYO TX-NR929, HOME CINEMA 9.1 , VU+ DUO 4K SE ,VU+ Ultimo 4K Full config,  180 cm Parabolic DISH/ Dual LNB -  Full orbit 75E-45W    , 80 cm offset dish with unicable LNB for Hot Bird.  Humax Icord HD , DUNE HD Max Vision 4K.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:10

Where did we ever announce that the VU+ Turbo Tuner would be supported?

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:13

Use our buidin permanent timeshift and not an external plugin...
Other images might be compatible with homey's PTS... Because the glued it to their enigma2 years ago.

Edited by littlesat, 11 December 2016 - 10:16.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 13:40

Either way, we don't have to be compatible with external plugins, those plugins have to be compatible with us.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #7 satoldtimer

• 54 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 December 2016 - 14:53

Previously ... I have never used an external PTS plugin!

I use Permanent Timeshift 1.4b from the PLI feed. If that would work ... everything would be fine. I do not use PT of Homey! The 1.4b of the PLI feed is in my opinion almost identical as that of Homey.

The integrated timeline of the PLI is not sufficient. Either expand the integrated to the functions of the 1.4b. Or the 1.4b of the feed completely rework ... so that there is no GS.

In my opinion important:
1. Every single shipment must be stored retroactively by Timeshift ... individually
2. When switching during Timeshift (Timeshift save action on the zap), the first part has to be stored and the rest must be recorded. And then join again.
The second recorded part should then also be visible as a recording. In this recording, VPS can be activated later.

It is nothing more. Everything already included in the 1.4b of the feed - just it does not work! GS on the tape at the end of the timeshift (via stop button).

Why does not anyone take a closer look at my x-times crashlogs? The best solution in my opinion would be the plugin to rework. However, the integrated timeshift would have to be deactivated.

Except for Permanent Timeshift PLI runs with me very well.

Attached Files

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 15:10

Again..... PTS plugin is not mandatory,,, Permanent Timeshift or auto timeshift is defaullt in the image....

It might be indeed the plugin gives a GSOD as the image continious developing and the plugin is for years on hold....

And please note we are aware that some plugins need to be revised... or even removed.... hopefully the 'opensource' community might help here.... I suppose this one stopped because it is 'glued' into the image...

Edited by littlesat, 11 December 2016 - 15:12.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #9 satoldtimer

• 54 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 December 2016 - 15:24

Hmm Littlesat ... you bring every day a new image update ... but to such an important function / plugin as PTS does not care? If it can the other image ... it should nevertheless PLI can.

Sorry - I can not understand. You have the wrong priorities ... if you neglect a comfortable PTS.

The error in 1.4b is perhaps only a small error...

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 15:28

Appearently you are the only one complaining about it, so I guess "important" is relative. I personally have no need for PTS, and I even hardly use the regular timeshift. And I think this is true for a lot of other people.

We do not maintain external plugins, that is the authors responsibility. If the author doesn't care about compatibility, and the plugin doesn't work anymore, let us know and we will remove it from the repository.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #11 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 16:09

I want to adapt the timeshift functionality since years. But I want to do it right. And that is more than difficult. So it has to wait another months/years.
And you won't be happy with it. I don't want to make separate recordings per broadcast...
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #12 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 11 December 2016 - 16:24

Appearently you are the only one complaining about it, so I guess "important" is relative. I personally have no need for PTS, and I even hardly use the regular timeshift. And I think this is true for a lot of other people.

Apparently this issue is coming back every now and then.

It is okay with me that you do not use it, that's you're choice.

And yes, probably not many users use it, but if it would work as it should, more people would use it.

But now they have no choice with openPli

I use the PTS from Dimitri, and I won dare to upgrade because I use it a lot, and I know what I have, all with its limitations.

But then again, go on, and discuss in length the valuable topics of rocco99, much more important.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 16:44

That was real "giftig" despite the name  :D 

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #14 satoldtimer

• 54 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 December 2016 - 16:54

We do not maintain external plugins, that is the authors responsibility. If the author doesn't care about compatibility, and the plugin doesn't work anymore, let us know and we will remove it from the repository.

WanWizard - you're not the hub of the universe! How can you write such an arrogant type in the end user support forum? In the name of PLI?

Already once again noticed!

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #15 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 17:29

Please read your first post. Was that polite?

You're also not the center of the universe. The included timeshift functionality works quite good. I use it regularly.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #16 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 17:35

Hi,

Sorry but I second WanWizard and betacentauri everybody has its own usage of OpenPLi, and for me PTS is not an important feature, I never use it!

I use normal timeshift very often but never permanent one (not build in nor 3rd party one).

Do you know that it is possible to record a program and start watching it while recording?

If you want to keep a TV show or a movie, record it!  The goal of a timeshift for me is not to store everything that is watched in dedicated files.

If the bug came from a 3rd party plugin you need to report it to the developper of it, if you get no answer then stop using it because it is no longer maintained.

So if you report that PT is crashing the box all the times then the best solution is probably to remove it from the OpenPLi feed, this will avoid such discussion.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #17 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 17:38

Do you know that it is possible to record a program and start watching it while recording?

->

That was how I prefer to create timeshift..... revert the complete stuff as it is now and just start instead recordings and instantly play them... 

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 December 2016 - 18:12

And I share the opinion of Wanwizard and Pr2.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #19 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:27

Reading all this: why is there a PTS-plugin on the feeds? One doesn't need any and it crashes E2.

Re: Why does nobody care about Permanent Timeshift? #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:58

Probably someone stands up and fix it....?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users