• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #301 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 13 December 2018 - 22:11

Correct.

They do need to be correctly programmed first.

I had it done by shop I ordered from.

Semper in faecibus sumus sole, profundum variat

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #302 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2018 - 22:14

Ah, ok, I missed that step.

The alternative is to get (hold of) an Inverto Unicable programmer. 129 euro for one-time use is a bit steep though... ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #303 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 13 December 2018 - 22:28

Ah, ok, I missed that step.

The alternative is to get (hold of) an Inverto Unicable programmer. 129 euro for one-time use is a bit steep though... ;)

To be frank...

It was ME who missed it.

It was ME who should have mention it long ago..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #304 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2018 - 22:43

Lol, that explains why I missed it. :)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #305 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:51

The programmer I mentioned for hire (€15 a week) - can it do it, Thomas?

(Admin, I keep losing messages on this forum ONLY... When I try to post them they are deleted and a window comes up telling me my post is empty, so I have to redo them...

Sometimes, it mentions something about a limit of 200 signs for speech to text limit, as if I am trying to do that and my post comes up all messed up with tons of weird stuff...

It also seems it [forum SW?] "thinks" I am trying to have a message done via speech recognition SW, and it seems it "thinks" I am on a mobile phone, somehow...???)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #306 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:06

Yes. It will do the job.
That programmer is also the very thing WanWizard mentions.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #307 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:53

Just to be sure (and because I've got a minute to do it)

These switches "out of factory" setting is just 1 position, with quad LNB.

To do anything else (like 2 positions, either 1&2 or 3&4), they do need programming.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #308 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:09

Looping through is a legacy LNB thing, in a Unicable setup the "full cable" isn't shared amongst tuners.

Not exactly. A Unicable lead can easily be looped-through to another box. And loop-trough within one box is named 'connected to' when using Unicable (but it is effectively a loop-through with a different name).

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #309 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:09

Slight issue (may be related to unicable and switches, may not)

On 13E I'm getting most of transponders, but not 11012H. It contains channels I need...

Tickle the dish or check settings?

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #310 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:19

I said it couldn't work if you use the positions like you described (1,2/1,2/1,2). If you program the second and third switch to have the proper (extra) positions, it can work. But please note that a switch does not have knowledge of positions like "23.5E" and "28.2E". It knows of position #1, #2 etc. This can only work if your switch can be convinced (programmed) to not use position #1 and #2, but #3 and #4 instead (even though they're the switch'es first and second LNB). Not many switches can do this.

And that's the thing!

These invertos can do exactly that.

Even if one unit can serve only 2 positions at once, there's still capability to combine 2 units to cooperate.

Set first unit for position 1&2 (even though inverto calls them A& B), second unit for position 3&4(C&D respectively).

This makes a " set".

This is exactly thexway I got it done for that job of mine.

Now take 3 sets like that.. Disable some userbands (yes, I'll do my best to stick to correct naming, and yes, I got SCR name from enigma itself), and voila!

Ah.. This also calls for a little change in unicable.XML

Under
Provider = Inverto
Model = IDLU-CUO10-32PP
positions = 2
This "2" needs to be changed for "4"

My switch has a an extra entry in the file with the positions shifted. I guess you could make one for your switch as well (or just use the "user defined" entry).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #311 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:51

(Admin, I keep losing messages on this forum ONLY... When I try to post them they are deleted and a window comes up telling me my post is empty, so I have to redo them...

Sometimes, it mentions something about a limit of 200 signs for speech to text limit, as if I am trying to do that and my post comes up all messed up with tons of weird stuff...

It also seems it [forum SW?] "thinks" I am trying to have a message done via speech recognition SW, and it seems it "thinks" I am on a mobile phone, somehow...???)

Nu clue what you are on about, even on a mobile phone I have never seen these issues. And anything text-to-speech is defiintely not from this forum software (which is in use on lots of forums),

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #312 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 15:06

A thread in English:

https://www.vuplus-s...-wideband-lnbs/

I was first with this one :P :)

Posts #170-#205, my way trough this obstacle

And solution found- post #200

Just saying.. I'm bored.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #313 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 15:24

BTW:

Right now I can say that the setup works.
At least satellite side of it.

3 sat dishes set.
Problem with availability of only 2 positions in enigma solved by editing unicable.XML
Of course SCR switches were programmed before use.
Problem with VU not reading Tivu card turned out to be dirty connectors- not on the card- the ones inside box.
Lack of transponder turned out to be roofer who bashed his head on one of dishes. Dish realigned.

Every position works now.

And I've got some 5000 channels to sort...

Its gonna be loooong night.

Awaiting internet connection activation and router delivery (estimated Wednesday)
Then I will do "network" side of this.

Edited by GThomas, 14 December 2018 - 15:25.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #314 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 19:04

Any idea how many of these switches are supported through combiners? I haven't found what the limit is of positions you can program.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #315 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 19:12

I think the first limit you'll meet is the position index you can program into the switches/LNB's.

At some stage it'll be probably better to just use bigger switches.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #316 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 19:28

That is exactly my question. I can't find the limit in the documentation. 

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #317 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 19:29

Any idea how many of these switches are supported through combiners? I haven't found what the limit is of positions you can program.

Apparently you can combine only 2 , giving you 4 satellite positions (with all userbands active)

But if someone is willing to try with 2 sets of 2 and disabling some userbands..

Would be nice to have that confirmed in practical way.

For sure its not the way that manufacturer has.. hmmm.. foreseen.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #318 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 19:42

It's probably a matter of how many bits are forseen, it only two, it limits the number of positions to 4. Only someone with an Inverto Programmer can probably give the answer.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #319 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 19:48

Sure, throw it back to me :)

Only because I do have that programmer :P

Apparently software (windows based, brrr) is downloadable from inverto website.

So technically can be checked without programmer itself?

I simply don't want to install windows just for the sake of trying it...

Edited by GThomas, 14 December 2018 - 19:53.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #320 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 20:14

Are we talking specific for this type of switch, or SCR switches in general?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users