346 replies to this topic

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #341 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 20:16

Confirmation:

Simultaneous playback:

TV (HDMI connected) plays BBC1 HD (28.2E)
Laptop (vlc) RAI UNO HD (13.0E)
phone (dream player) ZDF HD (19.2E)

I've got no more devices on me.

But there's not a single glitch.

Semper in faecibus sumus sole, profundum variat

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #342 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 20:42

Hehe, good on you! :)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #343 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:19

Modern CPU's and GPU's have enough hardware assist to be able to play several streams at the same time, my PC can play about 12 of them at the same time (HD). I tried to make a "16 channel overview image" (4x4) but failed, because the cpu can't handle that amount of decoding sessions.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #344 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:54

So..
Quite a few weeks after i finished the job..
So I think it is now safe to say: it works!

True- I haven't been there for a while, but I see it as a good thing. No faults to call me in :)
The state I left it:
3 dishes and the whole setup as described before,
2 TVs with android+kodi, set for VU+ plugin/streaming.
Several by now phones/tablets (client instructed how to install apps and set them up, so the number of devices is in his hands, not mine)

There were few glitches..

Client (especially kids) kept trying to turn off the TV using kodi remote. Obviously it wasn't TV that was going down.. Explanation on my part and trouble stopped.

And one day my home setup (but I stream off Zgemma at home) lost streams. Kodi update and VU+ plugin isn't installed/started by default.
I sent step by step "how to" when clients boxes get the update, I don't even know did it happen yet or not.

Mission complete :)

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #345 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 11 March 2019 - 13:38

:thumbs-up:

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #346 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 11 March 2019 - 16:47

No, no no..

Thank you.

Thank you all for help pulling this off :)

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #347 Davicom

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 March 2019 - 14:57

hi all! i read all posts. my intentions are practically the same. In the end you adopted 3 separates dishes. I would not to do it. I would mount, a dish with bracket for three lnb scr. In this case, if I have good understand, the problem is the expensive switch?! Is there another way? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users