Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #321 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 14 December 2018 - 21:41

Well.. WW mentioned programmer, so I think its about this specific make and model.

On the other hand I'm curious myself how do other switches compare..

Semper in faecibus sumus sole, profundum variat

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #322 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2018 - 23:02

My question was indeed about this specific switch, I don't think you can give a generic answer, every switch will work differently I think.

The question wasn't specifically for you, you mentioned you had the programming done so I didn't even realise you had one. ;)

And I don't have Windows either ...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #323 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 08:53

OK, the facts...

(Admin, I keep losing messages on this forum ONLY... When I try to post them they are deleted and a window comes up telling me my post is empty, so I have to redo them...

Sometimes, it mentions something about a limit of 200 signs for speech to text limit, as if I am trying to do that and my post comes up all messed up with tons of weird stuff...

It also seems it [forum SW?] "thinks" I am trying to have a message done via speech recognition SW, and it seems it "thinks" I am on a mobile phone, somehow...???)

Nu clue what you are on about, even on a mobile phone I have never seen these issues. And anything text-to-speech is defiintely not from this forum software (which is in use on lots of forums),

Just lost another one, this time a PM and so I had to do it from scratch.

But at the end of, when I succeeded sending it, there is the message I mentioned earlier:

G
M
T

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Options : History : Feedback : Donate Close

G

G
M
T

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Options : History : Feedback : Donate Close

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #324 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:31

Big day today..

Temporary router- check
2* temporary access point (its a big house)- check
Tablet with dreamplayer- check
2* HDD fitted to laptop- check
Copy of that crappy operating system (to be installed on 2nd HDD)- check
Phone with dreamplayer- check.

We shall see :)

Oh.. Yes.. I decided to install that #:!?#@&#!! Windows anyway, as some of thectools won't run under Linux.

Just to mention few:

Inverto programming suite
Volvo VIDA
HikVision suite..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #325 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:37

PlayOnLinux possibly makes it easier to get such proggies running under Linux?

(Just lost another post grrr...)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #326 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:17

The donate link at the bottom of your post links to imtranslator.net, so I guess there's your culprit.

The frontend of the forum communicates with the backup using Ajax calls, instead of regular HTML POST's, it looks like it interferes with that mechanism.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #327 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:23

PlayOnLinux possibly makes it easier to get such proggies running under Linux?

(Just lost another post grrr...)

For inverto programmer it might work

But not for other 2.

HikVision needs some video plugin that doesn't run under wine/playonlinux

And VIDA is completely different story- this "thing" pretty much takes over the computer..

Besides, daughter starts complaining that she has windows at school and sometimes she feels lost when she has to do something in the class, as at home its only Ubuntu or Neon..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #328 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,564 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 15 December 2018 - 13:43

Besides, daughter starts complaining that she has windows at school and sometimes she feels lost when she has to do something in the class, as at home its only Ubuntu or Neon..

Complain to the school instead. ;) This is exactly where MS's domination comes from: free software for schools, so kinds can be brainwashed...

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #329 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 14:01

That's just a part of the story, WW: the drivers are another part, security services another, USofA net infrastructure yet another etc. These corps - even if they do not want to "co-operate" (and some of them are only too willing, see Yahoo and Google in CHina, for instance) - are legally ordered to...

Thanx for the explanation - no other forum SW I visit behaves like this...

Edited by gorski, 15 December 2018 - 14:03.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #330 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 14:48

Complain to the school instead. ;) This is exactly where MS's domination comes from: free software for schools, so kinds can be brainwashed...

I'm fully aware of that.

As yet- I'm holding strong. Even if I install that crap- it doesn't mean she'll get access to it "just like that".

But it will be ready :(

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #331 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 15:07

Thanx for the explanation - no other forum SW I visit behaves like this...

I know one more forum..

But we're dealing with specific make of cars there :)

You figured out that I'm member of VOC by now, didn't you..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #332 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 19:39

OK.. Problem...

Setup:

Invertos as per quite a number of posts by now..
VU uno4Kse
FBC tuner configured for 3 positions on each tuner, each tuner has its own userband.
So 8 userbands used.

Router: draytek vigor2820n (temporary)
Access point(s) zyxel nwa1123-ac (one top floor, one ground floor)

All looks good on tv directly attached to VU.

Got channels from all 3 positions, works just fab.

Until..

I start dreamplayer on my phone and try to stream.

Half the time dreamplayer will tell me that its not possible to receive channel, half the time it will stream, but shattered, with breaks.

In the same time channel displayed on TV directly connected by HDMI goes mad. Shatters, frequently shows "tune failed", things like that..

Any ideas?

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #333 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 19:45

Perhaps (I hope) this is not the case but coax is limited... as I found on the net...

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #334 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 19:46

Unpacking newly arrived BT hub, strangely it came with its own Access point..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #335 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 19:48

Perhaps (I hope) this is not the case but coax is limited... as I found on the net...

Right.

But by unicable standards alone it should support 8 transponders at once.

With JESS (as ive got fitted) it should be 32...

Either network or tuning.

I'm starting with network as it needs to be done anyway.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #336 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 19:55

That depends, from what I found on the net, as after x tuners the signal inevitably fades and pixelation starts, they say...

But given it's new tech, there are very few user accounts, first hand, to make one's mind up on the basis of actual performance...

I suppose that with even newer fibre optics tech it should be possible to do that without headache but... even less info to be found on the net...

Edited by gorski, 15 December 2018 - 19:58.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #337 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 15 December 2018 - 19:56

Ach, you are speaking of TPs only? Sorry...

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #338 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 20:01

VU=>settings=>system=>expert=>network test=> start test

Lan adapter= OK
Local network = connected
Dhcp = disabled
IP address = unconfirmed (why? I set static 192.168.1.102!!)
Name server = confirmed

What's going on?

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #339 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 December 2018 - 20:03

Known problem. When IP address is set static, this screen says "unknown".

OTOH it's good practice to use DHCP, also for static addresses.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #340 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 15 December 2018 - 20:09

Stupid stupid stupid stupid..

Why am I sooo stupid?!?!?!

Problem found.

2 minutes ago settings were:

Tuner A- userband 1
Tuner B- userband 1
Tuner C- userband 3
Tuner D- userband 4
Tuner E- userband 5
Tuner F- userband 6
Tuner G- userband 7
Tuner H- userband 8

This desk will not last long if I keep hitting it with my head...

Edited by GThomas, 15 December 2018 - 20:10.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users