998 replies to this topic

Re: Language assistance requested... #321 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,155 posts

+261
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:48

Hi,

I use one of the standard OpenPLi skin so I report it here to have it fixed for everybody.  ;)

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Language assistance requested... #322 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,746 posts

+214
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:55

Which skin ? I finetuned it in PLiFullHD only. I "like", if anybody adding anything to PLi and do not then finetune basic skin (PLiFullNightHD), but I have not free time make work of others ;)

Edited by ims, 20 August 2018 - 09:58.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Language assistance requested... #323 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,965 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:59

Indeed the SMS help window needs some 'relocation'.... ;)

I also think we for the VK we should to re-locate the graphs to the skin_default folder... As this supports the current logic.

Edited by littlesat, 20 August 2018 - 09:59.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Language assistance requested... #324 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,192 posts

+346
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:17

No handlers could be found for logger "AT"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 49, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 427, in okbuttonClick
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 576, in renameEntry
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 905, in renameEntry
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 287, in openWithCallback
    dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 297, in open
    dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 240, in instantiateDialog
    return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 264, in doInstantiateDialog
    dlg.applySkin()
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/GUISkin.py", line 154, in applySkin
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/GUISkin.py", line 57, in createGUIScreen
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py", line 581, in buildVirtualKeyBoard
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/VirtualKeyBoard.py", line 612, in markSelectedKey
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'size'

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Duo 4K

Re: Language assistance requested... #325 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:27

Hi,

For image location this is what I think should happen in Directories.py when using SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN:

Assume that the skin or the code wants to load am image "buttons/sample.png".

1. First look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/<skinname>/buttons/" where <skinname> is the current skin.
  2. Look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default_<resolution>/buttons/" where <resolution> is the current screen resolution.
  3. Look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/buttons/".
  4. Look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/".
  5. The image is not available, log a skin error.

This is a maximum effort to find an image to display in a skin.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #326 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:29

Hi Dimitrij,

The images are not in the correct location.  Have you read the documentation?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #327 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:32

Hi,

If my proposal in post #325 (two posts up) is acceptable then all of these library images could be stored and shared in the appropriate resolutions of skin_default.  If a skin writer wants to modify the standard look then simply put a replacement image within your own skin.  If you don't then a standard image will be found and used to make the screen display.

If the image is resolution irrelevant then put it in the non resolution specific skin_default.

If the image is super critical then it could be put in the top level of skin_default.  (I don't think we should let skins get this out of date or out of control.

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by IanSav, 20 August 2018 - 10:35.

Re: Language assistance requested... #328 Persian Prince

• 1,982 posts

+247
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:35

@IanSav

I just compiled new test images for you.

Regards,
Persian Prince

Open Vision sources: https://github.com/OpenVisionE2

Re: Language assistance requested... #329 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,965 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 12:10

Assume that the skin or the code wants to load am image "buttons/sample.png".

1. First look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/<skinname>/buttons/" where <skinname> is the current skin.
  2. Look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default_<resolution>/buttons/" where <resolution> is the current screen resolution.
  3. Look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/buttons/".
  4. Look for the image "sample.png" in the folder "/usr/share/enigma2/skin_default/".
  5. The image is not available, log a skin error.

Please first make the pictures PLi compatibla and then change this later....  And add to 1 the skin_default overrule and don't do 4

Edited by littlesat, 20 August 2018 - 12:11.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Language assistance requested... #330 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 13:11

Hi Littlesat,

There should be nothing to fix now.  VirtualKeyBoard should be fully functional without changing image paths.  When SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN is fixed in OpenPLi then the images can be put into common areas.  VirtualKeyBoard will not need to be changed.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #331 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,965 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 13:20

Looks we like to need a sanity check...

There should be nothing to fix now.  VirtualKeyBoard should be fully functional without changing image paths.  When SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN is fixed in OpenPLi then the images can be put into common areas.  VirtualKeyBoard will not need to be changed.

It is working indeed, but the location where the pictures are now located is not the OpenPLi standard... that should be changed (later).

Re: Language assistance requested... #332 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 14:03

Hi Littlesat,

Looks we like to need a sanity check...

A sanity check is also required for loading fonts.  Enigma2 should not crash is a font file is not found.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #333 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,965 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 15:40

And what font should it choose then.... ?... I think missing a font is not VK related and out of scope here...

B.t.w. the skin decide where the pictures are... so that should be adjusted in the skins... So also not VK related... :D

Adding paths to find default pictures on resolution is a different feature... Also out of skope here :D

Re: Language assistance requested... #334 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 15:44

Hi Littlesat,

And what font should it choose then.... ?... I think missing a font is not VK related and out of scope here...

B.t.w. the skin decide where the pictures are... so that should be adjusted in the skins... So also not VK related... :D

Adding paths to find default pictures on resolution is a different feature... Also out of skope here :D

Okay, so there is nothing more to do for VirtualKeyBoard except help people to get their skins correct.  :)

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #335 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,965 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 15:53

As far I can see...

And of course consider to add some 'cursor navigation' via buttons on your remote...

Edited by littlesat, 20 August 2018 - 15:54.

Re: Language assistance requested... #336 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 15:59

Hi Littlesat,

I intend to hold off on any changes to the key mappings until you can experience the new Setup / ConfigList / config.py.  This is what I am currently working upon.  Then I will clean up the navigation on the remaining screens and controls.  All those changes will be consistent with each other.  The changes should then make more sense.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #337 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 20 August 2018 - 19:57

PLi-HD still NOK, but the solition should be on the Post #157
https://forums.openp...e-8#entry918771
Probably the file skin.xml, what is there presented.
I'il be examining it in tomorrow morning. If I'm going to add it to the instructions on Post #157, it's okay. What's exactly going to change, i'il check in tomorrow.

Edited by zeros, 20 August 2018 - 20:01.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Language assistance requested... #338 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,746 posts

+214
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2018 - 21:22

PLi-HD still NOK, but the solition should be on the Post #157
https://forums.openp...e-8#entry918771
Probably the file skin.xml, what is there presented.
I'il be examining it in tomorrow morning. If I'm going to add it to the instructions on Post #157, it's okay. What's exactly going to change, i'il check in tomorrow.

will be patient ...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Language assistance requested... #339 IanSav

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,491 posts

+51
Good

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:39

Hi,

Please remember that my skin instructions are just a guide to what needs to be done.  All skin designers are free to display the VirtualKeyBoard in any way they want.  For example, in my OverlayHD skin the VirtualKeyBoard is shown in a full screen with headings and buttons like any other full screen display in that skin.  I believe that some of the OpenViX skins will also be using full screens as well.  OpenPLi skins do not have to be pop up windows if you don't want them that way.

The code should support displaying the VirtualKeyBoard any way the skin designer chooses.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #340 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:14

Morning test results:
The absence of buttons leads to the result of GSOD (Post #302).
So after copying the files from '1080' to the folder
/usr/share/enigma2/PLi-HD/buttons/
the GSOD disappears.
However, it is also necessary to change the file skin.xml in the folder
/usr/share/enigma2/PLi-HD
Otherwise, the entire keyboard is not visible on the screen.
The same thing apllies to PLi-HD1 and PLi-HD2.

Attached Files

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

53 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 53 guests, 0 anonymous users