Language assistance requested...

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Re: Language assistance requested... #101 Huevos

• 1,730 posts

+98
Good

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:41

Thanks for the update. Sorry for moaning, but for me it is such a waste of resources tying up my build server building an image that is already being built elsewhere and is available behind closed doors.

Obviously in Ian's case it is a different issue because unfortunately he doesn't have OpenPLi supported hardware, so there is no option but to build it.

The other problem is he doesn't have sufficient hardware to dedicate a receiver to every image he contributes to.

Edited by Huevos, 22 June 2018 - 11:43.

Re: Language assistance requested... #102 WanWizard

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 40,331 posts

+627
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:57

I share your frustration. And Ian's case is being looked into at the moment. ;)

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Currently in active use: HD2400 (4xS2)VU+Duo2 (3xS2)VU+Zero, Edision OS mini+, ET10000 (4xS2)

For testing purposes: XP1000Formuler F1 (2xS2)Miraclebox Premium Micro (S2+C/T),  ET7500 (S2)ET8500 (S2), Zgemma H2.H (S2+C)Zgemma H5.2TC (S2+C/T), SAB TripleAlpha (S2+C/T), Galaxy 4K (FBC), VU Zero 4K, Edision OS nino 

Re: Language assistance requested... #103 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 44,299 posts

+446
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2018 - 13:47

replace... '"SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN" with "SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN".

When Who or what make a difference here... Active is somehow equal to Current in this context. At least it is not clear to me what the difference between them should be.

What is the exact difference between them... It could be one is newer but maybe an OE-A or even ViX invention... I do not prefer to adapt when it does not make any real additional sense... When there is a better functionality behind it we should simply arrange this functionality instead of change or add the 'new' name.... 

Edited by littlesat, 22 June 2018 - 13:48.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W Thanks to Henksat

Re: Language assistance requested... #104 IanSav

• 143 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 14:07

Hi Littlesat,

"SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN" appears to be a copy of "SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN" but with the added ability to search the "skin_default" directory if the image is not in the current skin directory.

I can't see a problem if my suggestion above is adopted.  "SCOPE_CURRENT_SKIN" becomes smarter and "SCOPE_ACTIVE_SKIN" becomes redundant.  Skins for OpenPLi can become smaller as they will be able share skin components from "skin_default" as well as skin specific elements.  For example, all the "vkey_*" buttons could come from "skin_default" but certain images could be replaced by being present in the skin's local directories.  An additional benefit is that more code should then be able to run transparently on more images.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #105 WanWizard

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 40,331 posts

+627
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2018 - 14:20

If it reduces redundancy, I think it can only be a plus?

Currently in active use: HD2400 (4xS2)VU+Duo2 (3xS2)VU+Zero, Edision OS mini+, ET10000 (4xS2)

For testing purposes: XP1000Formuler F1 (2xS2)Miraclebox Premium Micro (S2+C/T),  ET7500 (S2)ET8500 (S2), Zgemma H2.H (S2+C)Zgemma H5.2TC (S2+C/T), SAB TripleAlpha (S2+C/T), Galaxy 4K (FBC), VU Zero 4K, Edision OS nino 

Re: Language assistance requested... #106 IanSav

• 143 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 14:31

Hi WanWizard,

If you haven't noticed, much of my efforts is targeted at improving the UI for users.  I try to also clean up any code I touch.  Part of the clean up is to try and make as much code as common as possible.  The more commonality we create the easier it will become to share code among the different images.  Having more common code will also make it much easier to maintain and merge the code with other images in the future.

I suffered extreme reluctance from OpenPLi to my Setup changes so I tried working on some of the associated code.  VirtualKeyBoard.py is the current example.  If this code is accepted I would love to have the same code on all images.  I worked very hard to ensure that all features from all images were incorporated into the freshly coded and optimised new version of VirtualKeyBoard.py.  If we need to update a few support libraries to make this happen then this should not be so difficult.  Once OpenPLi sees that I am only trying to make Enigma2 better for everyone I hope that this and the improved Setup.py, ConfigList.py and config.py code will also be more acceptable to OpenPLi.

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #107 WanWizard

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 40,331 posts

+627
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2018 - 15:40

Yes, I have. ;)

I know it sometimes takes some time to convince Littlesat, know that it is not because he doesn't want to, but because he can't see in your head and has trouble visualizing your idea's. Perseverance is key... ;)

Re: Language assistance requested... #108 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 44,299 posts

+446
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2018 - 15:47

Skins for OpenPLi can become smaller

I would say... show me what you mean.... ;)... as I still don't fully get it... Through which subfolders are you 'searching' when it is not in the skin_default of the selected skin? As far I undersstood it always fall backs to the skin_default icons. So I still do not see why skins might get smaller, unless you scan 'randomly' through all skins subfolders.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W Thanks to Henksat

Re: Language assistance requested... #109 IanSav

• 143 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 16:26

Hi Littlesat,

This is very hard to describe when you can't see the code and how it functions.  Can you run OpenViX?

Regards,

Ian.

Re: Language assistance requested... #110 IanSav

• 143 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2018 - 16:36

Hi Littlesat,

Did you read my explanation in the post to Ims: https://forums.openp...ndpost&p=900625

That is probably the best I can explain what happens without actually running some test code.

Regards,

Ian.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users