• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2008 - 20:52

my first post here, so hello everybody,
pli@ team - thanks for great job ;)
pli Iolite is my favorite image, but...
I've got problem with changing channels while I'm watching TV stream from DM500 on PC:
if I change channels few times I can't come back to channels I previously watched
- stream stops (but I can switch to new channel - stream starts and picture appears), after all I can't watch any channels :(
after reboot everything works ok until I change channels few times then problem starts again...
I watch stream using Bitcotrol (vlc based tools sometimes have troubles with stream from my box)
and on other images it works perfect - I can change channels 5 times in a minute back and forth
Any ideas how to resolve this?
thanks in advance
blzr

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #2 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 16 May 2008 - 21:11

I didn't try bitcontrol lately. So I don't know about zap issues.

But did you try zapstream? See our wiki: WebXtv. Zapstream can be viewed with vlc and will 'follow' the currently watched channel.
The easiest way to test zapstream is to start vlc and open the url http://<ip-of-dreambox>:31344. If zapping still doesn't work, a slightly newer version of zapstream is posted here http://www.pli-image...4085#post_64085

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #3 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2008 - 21:28

Thanks for quick response ;)
I've tried zapstream (newer version too, I've read this thread you mention) and it's not working perfect - not on every channel, sometimes stream is going but no picture appears, besides sometimes critical error occurs and firefox is down :(
As I wrote before bitcontrol worked perfect with my box on every other image and I'm very interesting what causing this problem with Pli image? Is that possible to resolve this?

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #4 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 16 May 2008 - 21:57

About bitcontrol:
There should be a maximum of 2 streampes processes active at the same time. Check with "ps" under telnet. You can kill all processes with "killall streampes".
I guess pressing stop in your mediaplayer before a zap and pressing play after a zap, should make it work, although it's probably not what you want. Don't know what's the real underlying reason it doesn't work on PLi, can think of any changes in that area.

About zapstream:
I'm eager to solve this problem. I hope you can help me out with a logfile of zapstream. You mean firefox crashes in web-x-tv? Or while changing channels with an independent vlc?

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #5 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2008 - 22:18

About bitcontrol:
There should be a maximum of 2 streampes processes active at the same time. Check with "ps" under telnet. You can kill all processes with "killall streampes".
I guess pressing stop in your mediaplayer before a zap and pressing play after a zap, should make it work, although it's probably not what you want. Don't know what's the real underlying reason it doesn't work on PLi, can think of any changes in that area.

I've done a little research before ;) so i can tell you that there are more than 2 streampes processes during watching streaming - processes are added when channels are changed (not with with every channel change quantity of streamprocesses grow, one or two processes are killed from time to time)
but the strangest thing - I've checked processes during watching TV stream on Nabilo image and its the same story (more than 2 streampes processes at time) but channels can be changed normally

About zapstream:
I'm eager to solve this problem. I hope you can help me out with a logfile of zapstream. You mean firefox crashes in web-x-tv? Or while changing channels with an independent vlc?

firefox crashes in webxtv, I 'll try to provide you a zapstream logfile, but not now - my wife is watching TV and she could be a little angry if I start changing channels now ;)
regards
blzr

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #6 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:46

Ok, here are my zapstream logfiles,
I've noticed that firefox crashes when I'm switching back to previously watched channel (not every time)
so it's the analogical situation as with bitcontrol
I'm using modified zapstream, I've checked in telnet and there is only one zapstreamts process active
I hope my information is usefull ;)
regards
blzr

Attached Files

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #7 boki15

• 145 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2008 - 15:47

I can reproduce your error. If I switch from a channel to another one and back, then there is no picture and sometimes firefox crashes.

I attached zapstream 2 log files. 1st is after I switched from orf1 and back, it crashed firefox. 2nd log file is: I started again firefox changed again channels, then it crashed firefox.

I added it to 7zip archive, because only log files are about 10mb together.

cheers :)

Attached Files

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #8 boki15

• 145 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2008 - 15:58

Ok, I made some more tests. If I switch channels over WebXTV, than it crashes. If I change channels with remote control or over WebInterface then everything works fine for me, IE7 and Firefox 2.0.0.14, no crashes picture and sound is there.

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #9 boki15

• 145 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2008 - 16:04

It definetly works if you don't change channels over WebXTV. I changed now every second form ORF1 to ProSieben more then 20 times and everything works. The mistake should be in the WebXTV.

I hope it helps

Attached Files

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #10 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2008 - 17:37

It definetly works if you don't change channels over WebXTV. I changed now every second form ORF1 to ProSieben more then 20 times and everything works. The mistake should be in the WebXTV.
I hope it helps

ok, thanks, one problem is solved, but anybody can help with bitcontrol problem?
as I wrote before webx tv, zapstream and other vlc based tools don't work perfect with my box, sometimes on several channels stream is going but no picture appears
I've been using bitcontrol to watch TVstream and it works fine on every image except Pli@:(
it's strange to me and if you can find out what is the cause for this problem maybe it could be fixed in next releases?
regards
blzr

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #11 boki15

• 145 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2008 - 18:16

I don't know about bitcontrol (never tried), but it should work too. Just change channels over WebInterface or remote control. If zapstream is on then the fastest way to watch your stream would be to create *.cmd/*.bat/*.m3u with "DreamBoxIp:31344".

What are exactly other troubles with BitControl, except the one you described. Correct me if I am wrong, but BitControl doesn't work if you change channels and zapstream is on. Did you try without zapstream? Did you try DreamStream 0.32a, it works fine for me.

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #12 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2008 - 19:02

I've disabled zapstream in box config and tried to change channels from web-interface or remote control - problem still occurs :( - I can't switch back to previously watched channels stream breaks;
I think the cause of the problem is the same that crash firefox while changing channels in webxtv
I have tried all vlc based streaming tools (dreamstream, dreamviewer etc) and all had problems (described previously), only bitcontrol (special mpeg2 codec) worked excellent with my dream 500 (until Pli@) :(
regards
blazer

Re: Stream DM500 to PC - problem with changing channels #13 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 4 August 2008 - 16:36

@blzr:

From this post I conclude that the zapstream in Jade solves the problem, correct?

Your issue might have been the same as this one. Zapstream couldn't cope with multiple PMT's on 1 PID. The vlc log clearly shows multiple PMT's being parsed (... new PMT program number=xxx ...)

Anyway, I'm glad it finally works! Although I don't know how this could crash firefox.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users