DM600

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #21 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:32

So it allocates the service when you request video.m3u?

But video.m3u always uses the pids of the 'current' service, doesn't it?

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #22 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:33

I've streamed up to 5 fta tv channels from the same transponder on a dm500. It works as long as the total stream is below the 2MB/s network speed threshold. But the software is experimental and not usable if you don't have a compiler nearby ;).

Now that would be fun on any box, I have only done it with TSReader and VLC.
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #23 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:55

When it's usable you are the first to know (and test ;) ).

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #24 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 14:56

When it's usable you are the first to know (and test ;) ).

OK - done deal :)
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #25 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2008 - 16:07

So it allocates the service when you request video.m3u?

But video.m3u always uses the pids of the 'current' service, doesn't it?

Could be that it allocates the current service to start with, not sure whether direct selection of other services is also possible (it's been too long since I actively used enigma, let alone its webif).

Anyway, the service is allocated as 'recording' service.
So when you zap using the remotecontrol (and enigma is configured to support multiple services / background recording / dual decode, as is the case on the 70x0 and 600, no experience with other boxes), you see that only the current transponder is available in the channellist.
But you can freely watch all channels on the current transponder, while streaming of the original channel continues.

It's only with zapstream that the stream follows the remotecontrol, because everything is handled outside enigma.
Very useful on boxes where background services do not work, and also in situations where you're watching tv on an external device, but still want to use the remotecontrol to switch channels.

That's how I've always seen streamts vs zapstream, two alternatives, both with their own advantages ;)

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #26 Dialer

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 17:02

Just inetresting: Is it possible to watch one channel via Ethernet by 2 or more PCs?
I mean If I watch video.m3u on my PC, can my neighbour, who is in network with me, also play video.m3u on his VLC?

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #27 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 17:04

Probably depends on your box. with a dm500 with current software it's not possible directly. only with a vlc server in between.
You could try to record something and both watch the recording.

Wait, Ridax' streamts supports broadcasting, so it's possible.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #28 Dialer

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 June 2008 - 17:10

Probably depends on your box. with a dm500 with current software it's not possible directly.

Strange question if considering that this topic is on forum called "[EN] PLi® images for the DM600" %)

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #29 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 June 2008 - 22:21

Anyway, the service is allocated as 'recording' service.
So when you zap using the remotecontrol (and enigma is configured to support multiple services / background recording / dual decode, as is the case on the 70x0 and 600, no experience with other boxes), you see that only the current transponder is available in the channellist.
But you can freely watch all channels on the current transponder, while streaming of the original channel continues.

Can someone confirm this behaviour?

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,712 posts

+1,741
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2008 - 22:34

Just checked on a DM7000 running the official Iolite:

If I have a standard Web-X-TV session running (from the link in the webif), I can still see all services on the box itself. If I zap on the box, my streaming session on the laptop zaps as well. This is with "Zapstream" checked in the config.

If I switch zapstream off and try it again (I check with ps, now streamts is running), the service selector only shows the channels on the current transponder.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #31 bartender

• 207 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 June 2008 - 09:40

Wait, Ridax' streamts supports broadcasting, so it's possible.

Multicast support in the next release of zapstream would be really nice (used the ridax streamts to stream to 5 PCs at the same time over multicast), that way PC's could connect to a multicast session (any IP between 224.x.x.x-239.x.x.x). How about 224.80.76.105 as a Multicast address ;). Then via OSD you could have a checkbox just under the "enable zapstream" to "enable multicasting zapstream" or via web-ui, have a enable multicast yes/no.

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #32 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 7 June 2008 - 13:31

@pieterg & WanWizard. I didn't know that. Certainly explains why nobody took interest in 'improving' streaming. Since it was already Ok for the dm7000. I assume the dm600 has the behavior as the dm7000? How about the dm500+?

@bartender. Yep that would be nice :).

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #33 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 7 June 2008 - 16:17

I assume the dm600 has the behavior as the dm7000?

Indeed.

How about the dm500+?

Not sure, I assume it behaves as a 500, but that's up to us really (we can just alter the capabilities in info.cpp to match those of the 600, if we want to)

Re: Watch channels on TV and PC parallel #34 mrbeam

• 300 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2008 - 13:36

Any news on multicast streams from the dreambox? I hope this works for the 7000 and the 7025.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM600

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users