• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #41 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 12 May 2019 - 19:23

I don't want a server.

I have 2 diseqc switches (1st one 16 inputs, 2nd. one 10 inputs) and I want both to be available on 2 sat receivers.

I have an ET10000, which does it perfectly, if I have it in standby it doesn't feed LNBs.

Now I want other receiver (4k, multistream) which do the same., because if it doesn't, it blocks ET10K .

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #42 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:39

jpuigs

Send a request to the developers of VU+.
They will fix it.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #43 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,023 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2019 - 14:14

Looks like it's the latest drivers bug.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #44 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 13 May 2019 - 19:18

I did it here http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0203.php the 1st day I saw it.

….

You (Openpli Team) said you have direct contact with company's developers, so you could also do it…

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #45 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2019 - 20:13

The power is always on because they never found a way to make the FBC tuners to work properly with power going off. Took almost a year for FBC tuners to work properly. Before that recordings made on the link tuners would fail if the root tuners weren't in use. Even the old non FBC tuners are powered when the box is in standby. My positioner control box shows this.

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #46 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2019 - 20:16

Yup, they never managed to do this right.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: LNB Power in standby VU+ #47 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2019 - 15:39

The solo4k had an option to disable power management on FBC tuners. Enabling it would make it work. This option has been in the driver for at least two years and has now been removed (and hardcoded to be "on" i.e. power management "off").

Apparently there were setups possible where the power management would work, maybe if the LNB's were powered from a switch or comparable, but I never had it working. I am using switches, the LNB's are powered from the switch, but the switch internal logic is powered from the tuners (weird, isn't it?).

So it looks like they realised it couldn't be made working for the majority of the users and then removed the option.

Anyway, the crux is, this isn't a thing OpenPLi has any influence on, so I suggest we close the discussion.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users