DM500

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 macfunk

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 August 2008 - 17:04

A bit strange this.

Never had any issues mounting the hdd to my PC for viewing and recording to (with any image including Jade) until now.

For some reason when I did a reboot the other day I could no longer mount to the hdd. Nothing has changed settings wise - same IP address, same shared folder, I can access the web interface and I can access hdd using the movieplayer plugin (so I know it's not a problem with the connection) tried deleting, then manually adding the mount again as well as trying from the web interface - all no joy. Very strange. Have all the respective folders shared on my PC. Am wondering if something weird has happened to windows that's preventing me from mounting. (I'm running XP service pack 3)

anyone got any ideas?

Re: Can no longer mount to hdd...weird #2 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 25 August 2008 - 17:24

I suspect it's windows. Can you post here your mount settings so I can check it?
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Can no longer mount to hdd...weird #3 macfunk

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 August 2008 - 22:58

Well - I got to the bottom of this!

It's all thanks to the lovely windows auto updater. Seems that when Xp updated to service pack 3 it did something to the CIFS settings that prevented the DM500 from mounting to the PC - interesting.

I uninstalled the new servicepack and wouldn't you know it - mounted no problem! Worth pointing out to other XP users who may have the same issue if they install service pack 3 - gotta love Windows!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users