Photo

Enigma Signal Meter

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #41 RochLevoff

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 April 2020 - 18:33

Hi....the other 10 or 20 apps that I have tried all had the same issue as they all favor the main read more in % than in db, and I cannot remember any of audio apps speaking in db instead of %.  So I think if you could get the audio to speak somehow in db, then your app would have a unique feature! The audio is the only thing I suggest changing or making a setting for as the rest of the displays work fine for me.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #42 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 1 May 2020 - 23:04

Is it possible to upgrade your app from within the app or do I need to uninstall it first and install it again from Google Play?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #43 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 4 May 2020 - 20:41

There's no need to uninstall anything. You can update the app like any other Android app, either manually from Google Play app, or automatically when new version is out if you have auto updates turned on.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #44 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 4 May 2020 - 20:46

Hi....the other 10 or 20 apps that I have tried all had the same issue as they all favor the main read more in % than in db, and I cannot remember any of audio apps speaking in db instead of %. So I think if you could get the audio to speak somehow in db, then your app would have a unique feature! The audio is the only thing I suggest changing or making a setting for as the rest of the displays work fine for me.

This is already implemented.
There is "hamburger" icon on the main menu in the upper right corner. It opens up app settings. If you select "Use dB as primary measure" audio will read out dB values and switch SNR & dB progressbars to make dB first one.

Edited by shax, 4 May 2020 - 20:49.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #45 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 May 2020 - 18:31

On my Android phone I have 1.0.2 (build 2282) but I see no option of autoupdate within your app.

Unless you mean some other autoupdates.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #46 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 8 May 2020 - 19:26

I understand that the app is updated (like all other android apps) on playstore.

I have the 1.0.2 version too, so no update will appear until newer version exist.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #47 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 May 2020 - 20:40

According to shax's post, the new version (1.0.3) has been available for several months.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #48 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 8 May 2020 - 22:58

Yes, on january he said that 1.0.3 had been published on Google PlayStore, but if you look at there, at the bottom it says:

https://play.google....app.signalmeter

Actualizada (updated on)
23 de enero de 2020

Versión actual (current version)

So the one we have on devices is the newest one on G.P.Store

Spoiler

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #49 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 9 May 2020 - 08:55

I can see the confusion.

1.0.3 version is available only on Apple App Store since they didn't like the fact there is a link to my homepage within the app and Google Play store logo on it.

So that's why I needed to make another version just for App Store, and didn't want to go trough pain of Google Play submission again.

New version will have this number correctly aligned again.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #50 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 25 May 2020 - 14:57

​Is there someone willing to spend 20 minutes of their time to translate the application to new languages (Dutch, German....)?

I would provide you with access to a web interfaces where you would use simple interfaces to do the translation.

It's really simple and wouldn't take too much time.

PM me for the info.

Regards.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #51 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2020 - 21:57

I have already done the French translation job and there are just a few strings to translate so indeed in 30 minutes the translation was done.

Once translate, since the application is also using TextToSpeech, you can even heard the signal meter in your own language which is nice when pointing your antenna.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #52 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 25 May 2020 - 22:09

I can translate it to Spanish and Catalan.

Spoiler

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #53 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:55

Thank you all for your work.

Just a quick update, French and Dutch translations are already done, Spanish and Catalan will be hopefully also done.

For the all the Frenchman and Dutcman eager to try it you can download signed builds from here

https://shax.visuals...lishedArtifacts

Just select an arrow on the right.

All other languages are most welcome.

Regards.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #54 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,393 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:36

I wonder whether other testers with only Apple hardware have the same experience as your's truly. Switching language didn't work on IOS yet. Version is build 297.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #55 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 27 May 2020 - 14:18

I wonder whether other testers with only Apple hardware have the same experience as your's truly. Switching language didn't work on IOS yet. Version is build 297.

I can guarantee no one has the same experience, you're the only one with access to this version  :lol:

This is already taken care off, you'll see it in the next build. Thank you for your support!

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #56 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,393 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2020 - 15:10

I have, even if only to be able to check and possibly improve my own translation, arranged an Android-based tablet.
I hope the application works on this device because this tablet unfortunately appears to be quite old. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #57 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 27 May 2020 - 15:33

As much as I would like to help there is nothing more I can do. Each build must be approved with Apple, that's why you'll have to wait for build to appear on Testflight (or install on Android).

IPA files signed with valid Apple distribution certificates are provided automatically with each build. Those who want to install it manually without waiting can always use jailbreak to remove Apple restrictions.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #58 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,393 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2020 - 18:30

I will be patient. :)

I will certainly not jailbreak my Iphone, apart from the fact that I doubt whether an Iphone 11 can be jailbroken. I guess not.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #59 shax

• 90 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 27 May 2020 - 19:16

I doubt whether an Iphone 11 can be jailbroken. I guess not.

https://unc0ver.dev/

The most advanced jail​break tool.
iOS 11.0 - 13.5

And it's open sourced.

Regards.

Re: Enigma Signal Meter #60 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,393 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2020 - 19:30

For now I will not consider this. :)

EDIT: I have saved the link though. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users