Freeze picture

DM500

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gorvas

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 September 2008 - 18:43

Dose anyone know which plugin or setting I need to download/activate to be able to freeze the picture and then restart the picture when I want. This feature is standard in the Gemini images. I have been using them for 4 years but every release is worse
then the one before so no more Gemini. The one I'm using now is PLi and I like it. I have everything i need and everything is working fine. But I can't find the freeze picture option in PLi. Can someone help me?
Linux Ubuntu | WinVista | Dreambox 500T Gbox | CCcam | NewCS | Mgcamd Pioneer PDP-428XD | Pioneer VSX-AX5Ai-S

Re: Freeze picture #2 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 28 September 2008 - 19:29

I don't know such a plugin. It's not build-in the image, anyway.
The only thing I can think about is to start a recording and stop the recording.
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Freeze picture #3 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 28 September 2008 - 20:18

I've added it to our feature database. That's not a guarantee we will ever make it, but it looks like a nice idea to me.

Re: Freeze picture #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,730 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 28 September 2008 - 23:08

Freezing picture and then restart it? Sounds like timeshift to me...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Freeze picture #5 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 28 September 2008 - 23:29

No it's not really timeshifting. It's just freezing the picture and then watching live again.

Re: Freeze picture #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,730 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2008 - 00:27

So you lose everything between the moment you freeze, and when you continue again? Forgive me my ignorance, but what's the point of such a feature?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Freeze picture #7 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:14

It is called "PAUSE" or "pausing".
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: Freeze picture #8 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:31

I saw it on a Philips television before. I think it's quite handy for making screenshots too.

Re: Freeze picture #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,730 posts

+1,742
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:24

Ok, I get it. My Philips has that feature too. Haven't used it in the 8 years I've had it... ;)

Re: Freeze picture #10 gorvas

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2008 - 21:09

It's good for freezing/pausing the picture if you like a screen shoot or want to wright some important information from that frame. For example a song that you never have listen before from MTV that's one example. Or information you want to right down for example a phone number. I think when you get use to having it you miss it but if you never have used it then it doesn't mater. But i would like to request it if its possible, just see how Gemini has done it.

Thanks for the help by the way!
Linux Ubuntu | WinVista | Dreambox 500T Gbox | CCcam | NewCS | Mgcamd Pioneer PDP-428XD | Pioneer VSX-AX5Ai-S

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users