How to work offical smart card?

DM500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cksamurai

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2008 - 13:58

Can someone explain to me the correct procedure to setting up a dm500c using an official smart card.

I have seen it running on another dm500c with Default Soft Cam : mgcamd or newcs & Cardserver : cardserver working together in the softcam setup menu.

If i insert my own smart card in the box the channel goes blank if i put in the other smard card the channel shows again.

Do i have to edit a config file or some thing to get my own card working, both cards are used for the same subcription channels and
they have Nagravision printed on the back. Help me out someone, any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: How to work offical smart card? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2008 - 14:02

If both smartcards are identical, maybe your card isn't activated?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to work offical smart card? #3 cksamurai

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2008 - 18:34

my card worked before, the problem was that i had done a flash on the dm500 hence lossing all settings that made the card to work.

Re: How to work offical smart card? #4 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 5 October 2008 - 18:38

my card worked before, the problem was that i had done a flash on the dm500 hence lossing all settings that made the card to work.

You will only loose the settings if you do a flash erase or factory reset.

Re: How to work offical smart card? #5 cksamurai

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2008 - 18:44

yes thats what i did Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users