PLI Jade Maxvar and other Maxvar images

DM500

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 atkinsom

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 October 2008 - 22:16

I've started using your image much more and I'm quite impressed by its ease of use. Very nice and clean. Web-X Tv works awesome with zapstream(amen!) on the lan and now I'm trying to stream over the internet(looks promising). I have a question that I hope you can answer.

Seeing that this image now allows you to install a maxvar version, can one install another image like gemini or nabilosat, which use maxvar, to overwrite using the root.cramfs method. Makes it much easier than using a null modem cable. I guess you could call this the poor mans way of multiboot if possible :)

Thank you very much.

Re: PLI Jade Maxvar and other Maxvar images #2 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 17 October 2008 - 00:00

With any Jade Final image installed on a 500 (including Jade Max-Var), you should be able to use the root.cramfs method to flash to any other 500 image. Jade Final has a rewritten flashtool that allows this compatibility. Unfortunately other images don't have this flashtool so the functionality isn't necessarily reciprocal when flashing from other images to Jade. Flashing from a standard image to Jade standard should be OK, but throw any Max-Var images into the mix and it will probably fail...

--
hemi

Re: PLI Jade Maxvar and other Maxvar images #3 atkinsom

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:09

Thanx Hemi.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users