DM500 Won't Boot After Skin Change

DM500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hackenz

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2008 - 17:18

I changed the skin on my DM500, it now boots to the PLI Boot screen after a few seconds & that's where it sits. It wont respond to remote signals ( however the green led flashes) & I can't connect via the Lan. Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp/images/smiley/sad.gif

Re: DM500 Won't Boot After Skin Change #2 hackenz

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 October 2008 - 19:27

Sorted powered the box down for 30 minuted & all's well. Rebooting after a skin change takes about 5 minuted though?

Re: DM500 Won't Boot After Skin Change #3 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 19 October 2008 - 20:09

Sorted powered the box down for 30 minuted & all's well. Rebooting after a skin change takes about 5 minuted though?

Then something's real wrong. The whole boot time is less than a minute.

Re: DM500 Won't Boot After Skin Change #4 atkinsom

• 81 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 October 2008 - 00:50

Same thing happened to me...I was able to ftp and telnet into the box to remove all files associated with the new skin under /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/skins. I had no access via the web though...very strange. I powered off the box and it was back up in less than a minute using the default PLI Jade skin for the 500. Hope this helps because it sounds like you still have the corrupted skin in there. :)

Re: DM500 Won't Boot After Skin Change #5 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:24

I had no access via the web though...very strange.

The webinterface is handled by enigma. And enigma doesn't boot, because of the skin error.

But telnet and ftp should work, they are part of the os, and don't depend on enigma.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users