• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Re: IMDB plugin issues #101 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 00:25

It's already fixed in the oe-a version. I tested it for weeks and it works great. I think OpenPLi should adopt it. I'll PR soon.

As for OpenViX, I agree, you should ask there.

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #102 relaxibus

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 November 2022 - 09:46

Because the PLi plugins works also on OpenViX, it is OE-A, and I installed the previous version a couple of months ago, worked. Now again IMDB changed something and so I waited until I have seen you made the update 23 days ago. But this time it did't worked. I can't update to OpenViX 6.2 because my primary plugin "Movie Browser" doesn't work on PY3.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #103 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2022 - 10:29

Well use a proper up-to-date version and not one 6 years old if you want updates from 23 days ago.

Where are you downloading this antiquated plugin? It's not going to work in PLi either.

Really sounds like a case of driving a 30 year old car because that is the only one your seat covers fit.

Edited by Huevos, 8 November 2022 - 10:31.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #104 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 17:09

Here is the Big update from oe-a by @adoxa. It was adapted by @mrvica and me for OpenPLi. I tested for weeks on nightly build, and to a lesser extent on 8.3.

It uses json embedded in the IMDb pages instead of regex scraping, which should be less error-prone. You can press pvr to enlarge the poster.

What I like less is that it pulls in python-six and python-requests (and its deps). It could've used twisted.

Thanks to all involved.

master: [imdb] Big update (thanks @adoxa) #845

python3: [imdb] Big update (thanks @adoxa) #846

Re: IMDB plugin issues #105 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 17:18

[imdb] update pinning #1141

Re: IMDB plugin issues #106 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2022 - 17:35

The man is on a roll.... ! ;)

Merged.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #107 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 18:10

You can press pvr to enlarge the poster.

or TEXT key for synopsis (long description), not shown for every movie, you may try it on e.g. "Black Adam", do manual search for it

Re: IMDB plugin issues #108 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 18:17

or TEXT key for synopsis (long description)

Cool, I didn't know that.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #109 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2022 - 19:58

Here is the Big update from oe-a by @adoxa. It was adapted by @mrvica and me for OpenPLi. I tested for weeks on nightly build, and to a lesser extent on 8.3.

It uses json embedded in the IMDb pages instead of regex scraping, which should be less error-prone. You can press pvr to enlarge the poster.

What I like less is that it pulls in python-six and python-requests (and its deps). It could've used twisted.

Thanks to all involved.

master: [imdb] Big update (thanks @adoxa) #845

python3: [imdb] Big update (thanks @adoxa) #846

twisted.web.client.downloadPage is deprecated in 16.7.0 and removed in later versions, which is why it was removed from the plugin.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #110 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 20:03

twisted.web.client.downloadPage is deprecated in 16.7.0 and removed in later versions, which is why it was removed from the plugin.

twisted.web.client.Agent could have been used, although it is more difficult to use than requests.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #111 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2022 - 20:18

twisted.web.client.Agent could have been used, although it is more difficult to use than requests.

Twisted says https://pypi.org/project/treq/ or twisted.web.client.Agent instead.

Why do you prefer Twisted for downloading a web resource?

Re: IMDB plugin issues #112 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 8 November 2022 - 20:37

Because twisted is already installed by default (enigma2 depends on it), and requests pulls in ~10 extra deps. And treq is not on the feed (but maybe it should be).

Re: IMDB plugin issues #113 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 9 November 2022 - 06:42

Ok, great, so we use it because it is there, not because it is easier/better?

And by the way PLi needs to upgrade this: https://github.com/O...s/Downloader.py

DeprecationWarning: twisted.web.client.HTTPDownloader was deprecated in Twisted 16.7.0: please use https://pypi.org/project/treq/ or twisted.web.client.Agent instead

I think most other images have already fixed this.

Edited by Huevos, 9 November 2022 - 06:42.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #114 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 9 November 2022 - 12:53

Ok, great, so we use it because it is there, not because it is easier/better?

I'd prefer python requests over urllib/twisted anywhere but on flash constrained devices, where I'd like to use treq (easier/better) if twisted is already there.

Or, to use the car analogy: why strap an extra easier/better engine (and leave the existing engine unused) to a car when I can make the existing engine easier/better by fitting a tiny turbocharger (treq)?

Edited by scriptmelvin, 9 November 2022 - 12:56.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #115 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 9 November 2022 - 16:18

What is wrong with Requests? And it is shipped, at least with our enigma.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #116 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 November 2022 - 16:25

Chances are in OpenPLi too, as it seems to be a dependency in enigma2-plugins.

But I don't know for which of the plugins, so it might be no longer in the image once I've gotten around to splitting it into individual repo's.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #117 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 9 November 2022 - 17:06

What is wrong with Requests?

I never said there is something wrong with requests. I only said that in a flash constrained environment that already has twisted, treq may be a more lightweight (and just as easy to use) option.

And it is shipped, at least with our enigma.

No, it's not in the image (at least not in NB), but on the feed.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #118 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 9 November 2022 - 23:46

Ok, for us it is built in to the base image.

Re: IMDB plugin issues #119 relaxibus

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 November 2022 - 09:22

Well use a proper up-to-date version and not one 6 years old if you want updates from 23 days ago.

Where are you downloading this antiquated plugin? It's not going to work in PLi either.

Really sounds like a case of driving a 30 year old car because that is the only one your seat covers fit.

Well, if the Movie Browser plugin is THE only front end plug in used to control your movies, is like more a 30 years old car because the steering wheel is the only your pole fits. And the "antiquated" plugin from downloaded on the PLi git few months ago.

Anyway, problem solved, I got now a Movie Browser adaption for Python3 ;-)

Re: IMDB plugin issues #120 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:15

Issues again in the past few days:

• With the default python requests User-Agent header a captcha is received. Changing the User-Agent header to a browser-like one seems to fix it.
  • The search results page seems to alternate randomly between the new one (with JSON) and the old one.

Testing a local fix now, working so far. If it keeps on working I'll PR in a few days.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: imdb plugin, imdb, plugin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users