Photo

OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection.

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #41 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:54

i don't have a backup, I'm interested in installing a clean image on a free slot. startup does not work

I've just flashed 8.2-release in a new slot of my SF8008, didn't encounter any issues.

Did you use the flash option in the menu, or did you flash from the recovery menu,

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #42 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 12:55

But wouldn't it be possible to have a blacklist of channels, where I don't want to have FCC enabled (as I unterstand there is an option to deactivate FCC while recording, so I mean something similar -> no FCC on recordings or on live view of blacklisted channels) ;)

Everything is possible, given enough time and effort.

But given the massive complexity of the FCC code, I doubt you'll find a volunteer willing to make it 10 times more complex.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #43 shangi

• 27 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 13:02

How long does the online update take?

It's been an hour now and still running....
Maybe the VU+ crashed...and as I didn't make a backup, it seems to me that a telnet reboot can make the update resume if I understand correctly...

If you can telnet in, you can look at the output of "ps" to see what it is doing. You should see the opkg commands running and/or the wget commands downloading packages.

An hour is indeed very long, you don't have a slow internet link?

You have to be careful with a reboot, if the box is in the middle of a fireware or OS upgrade, it won't boot anymore if you abort that.

How long does the online update take?

It's been an hour now and still running....
Maybe the VU+ crashed...and as I didn't make a backup, it seems to me that a telnet reboot can make the update resume if I understand correctly...

I guess it all depends on your hardware. I do not think it is a good idea to reboot while the process is running ... what do you see on the sceen ?

After 2 hours, I entered the telnet command :
shutdown -r now

then redid the update (less packages left to install than the first time), and in less than 2 min everything was ok

Thanks to you, faster zapping in any case

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #44 larapeperina

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 13:09

I've just flashed 8.2-release in a new slot of my SF8008, didn't encounter any issues.

Did you use the flash option in the menu, or did you flash from the recovery menu,

Thanks for your answer, I have 2 identical sf8008 gold decoders, one has no problem and I have updated the 8.2, the other I can't, it crashes when it restarts like the photo I posted.

https://ibb.co/jhcsgqP

Edited by larapeperina, 30 May 2022 - 13:12.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2022 - 14:58

The foto doesn't show a crash, it shows a spinner meaning something is either very busy or hanging waiting for something.

This is why I asked of you are restoring an autobackup at this point. It can happen for example if you restore a mount but the target is unresponsive, or if it wants to restore installed plugins but the network isn't up (yet). If you connect the box via wireless that can happen quite easily.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #46 larapeperina

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 May 2022 - 22:22

Ok, thanks for the answer, I try to connect the box with the network cable, it is now in wifi. The box that works has the network with the cable.

The version 8.1 work so fine

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #47 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 May 2022 - 09:19

Hi.

I would like to know if the vu+ Duo2 can read the H265 ?

Vu+ Duo 4K SE / OpenATV 7.3 / Double Tuner TNT

Vu+ Duo2 / OpenPLi 9.0 / Double Tuner TNT

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #48 pgmpli

• 546 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 31 May 2022 - 09:43

Nope, you will need a DUO 4K for decoding H265.

Vu+ DUO 4K - 2x FBC DUAL DVB-S2X v2 tuner + DVB-T USBtuner

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #49 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 31 May 2022 - 09:56

Nope, you will need a DUO 4K for decoding H265.

Thank's...

This will be certainly my next vu+ ;)

Edited by zebulon7, 31 May 2022 - 09:57.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #50 druna23

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 May 2022 - 20:28

Model: AX 60HD (Mutant 60HD). Recovery not working!

When I tried to enter the recovery mode, I got a hang with a 4K Ultra HD picture.

The display lights up: "rCUY"

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #51 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,410 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 31 May 2022 - 20:48

You’ll have to flash another recovery image with a better USB stick.

It took me this afternoon a lot of time and couldn’t understand why this happened. Now the box is working again with a NB, a Release 8.1 and a Release 8.2.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #52 zebulon7

• 415 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 June 2022 - 16:22

Hello...

I don’t know what was done with version 8.2, but in any case, I no longer have the problem of recovery/hold point that I talked about a while ago.

So i am happy ;)

Thank's to all...

I just need to correct the infrared problem which answers very badly on the volume keys, for example, and with several different remote controls... ;)

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #53 larapeperina

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 June 2022 - 16:59

@wanvizard

thanks for your information, I connected the box to the network with the cable and it updated, now work so fine

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 2 June 2022 - 17:43

Thanks for the feedback. Still working on the wifi issue, as network connectivity is required for update.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #55 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 3 June 2022 - 08:17

Attached File  1_0_1_213F_3070_13E_820000_0_0_0_20220603081340.jpg   40.06KB   8 downloads

Box : Solo2 

Image :  Open Pli 8.2

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #56 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,682 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 3 June 2022 - 14:36

You need to install python-multiprocessing.

We don't build those ipk's, so we can't control the dependencies. Appearently this one is missing.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #57 scriptmelvin †

• PLi® Contributor
  • 720 posts

+46
Good

Posted 3 June 2022 - 15:30

I just flashed from 8.1 to 8.2 from the menu, with backup. Took mere minutes and went flawlessly. Just had to manually move the Favourites (TV) bouquet to the top of the bouquet list, where it was before the update.

Sorry to inform you this member, my brother, passed away.

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #58 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 4 June 2022 - 05:37

We don't build those ipk's, so we can't control the dependencies. Appearently this one is missing.

Tried but  openpli server doesnt identify the package multiprocessing . where as it was working fine in 8.1  and  in 7  seamlessly.

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #59 Aliraza63

• PLi® Tester
  • 250 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 4 June 2022 - 07:17

Tried but  openpli server doesnt identify the package multiprocessing . where as it was working fine in 8.1  and  in 7  seamlessly.

update: 

after updating youtube . its working fine now  

DM-900 ,DM-520, Vu+Duo2

Re: OpenPli 8.2 Release online in the downloadsection. #60 oskardto

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2022 - 21:35

Openpli 8.2 + wireguard (bug)

After autualization to the latest version of openpli 8.2, I cannot run wireguard after restarting the tuner. All the time a small circle on the new start screen.
If I disable wireguard in init.d, the tuner starts up correctly.
Then I will run the wireguard on the console, it works fine.
And now,
if I restart the enigma, there is also a new startup screen with a waiting circle.
Can anyone tell me what I should do?
Thanks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users