Photo

No signal SNR, Tuner pb ? Softcam ? Or other ?

SNR OpenPLI 8.3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lodu971

• 14 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 February 2023 - 21:22

Good morning
I just upgraded from a Vu+ Ultimo under OpenPLI 6.0 to a Vu+ Duo4KSE (brand new!) under OpenPLI 8.3.
The problem is that it no longer seems to have a satellite signal reaching the tuner:
20230212-121924.jpg

Before it was working fine (same satelit and LNB instalation) :
20230212-134500.jpg

Could there be incompatibility between the new tuner (DVB-S2X FBC Dual) and my old LNB antenna? Or can the pb also come from the softcam used?

Cordially

Edited by Lodu971, 12 February 2023 - 21:26.

Vu+ Duo4K SE - OpenPLI 8.3-release (enfin j'essaie ! ^^)

Re: No signal SNR, Tuner pb ? Softcam ? Or other ? #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,406 posts

+395
Excellent

Posted 12 February 2023 - 21:30

The first thing I notice that you choose for DVB-S where it should be DVB-S2 like in the second picture.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: No signal SNR, Tuner pb ? Softcam ? Or other ? #3 georgeflu

• 32 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 12 February 2023 - 21:54

a few receivers does not care for dvbs/dvbs2 selection, and also for fec.

a few other does care...

but all of them does care for the polarization.

in the the first photo is horizontal,and in the second is vertical. 

so be careful to insert the correct parameters...

Edited by georgeflu, 12 February 2023 - 21:55.

Re: No signal SNR, Tuner pb ? Softcam ? Or other ? #4 Lodu971

• 14 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 February 2023 - 02:58

Good evening
Sure enough, the correct setting was 11595/vertical/30000
However, I seemed to have tried it... (hence the other settings tried after, as in the photo).
Problem solved, thank you!

Vu+ Duo4K SE - OpenPLI 8.3-release (enfin j'essaie ! ^^)

Re: No signal SNR, Tuner pb ? Softcam ? Or other ? #5 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:28

Hi @Lodu971 .

Even the frequency is not correct... although I guess 1 MHz doesn't play any role... in the functional case, the frequency of the tuned LNB is equal to 11596, but in the non-functional case, the frequency is 11595.

A good expert on DVB systems @EnoSat could comment on this problem. He will be able to specify - what kind of problem has probably arisen there.

The transponder map (the "/etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml" file) will be created by Enigma2 itself if you use the "network search" option during manual or (automatic ?) tuning / scanning of channels on the DVB-S/S2 tuner.

You can also download the transponder map for your satellites, the "satellites.xml" file, from the internet. Then rewrite it in the "satellites.xml" file and restart the set-top box. I recommend backing up the original file first! And try tuning the channels again.

Anyway, if you have a backup of: satellite channels, transponders, blacklist, lamed file, etc. ... - for example with the help of DreamboxEdit or E-Channelizer (Windows applications), so after returning this backup back to your set-top box, the tuners and channels should start working properly again.

Edited by s3n0, 14 February 2023 - 11:29.

Re: No signal SNR, Tuner pb ? Softcam ? Or other ? #6 s3n0

• 641 posts

+62
Good

Posted 14 February 2023 - 12:34

BTW, the polarization is also different on the selected transponder :). So, logically, there is 0 dB, when there probably isn't even a broadcast channel :). You have to set everything the way it was before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users