OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager

network mount manager

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LVM

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 December 2023 - 19:14

Hello, without changing anything in the OS Open Pli 9.0, my Et4000 freezes when I change something in Network configuration and press OK to activate. Once done you see further the actual sending TV program in a small windows upper left, but no button reacts on the remote control and the only wait is to restart the device, using the button on the back. Please help me to resolve the issue.

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #2 rantanplan

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,810 posts

+83
Good

Posted 20 December 2023 - 01:38

Nobody else can do anything with the description.

Activate debuglog and then attach this log here with the error in a zip file.
Maybe we can see something.

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #3 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2023 - 07:38

He likely needs to manually adapt the gateway. A known thing when you have a fixed ip and upgrade to 9.0.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #4 LVM

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2023 - 11:25

Hi, thank you both for the replies!

@littlesat, I assume my network adapter is configured correctly and the gateway is the right one, otherwise I will not be able to check for updates, etc.

The device only freezes once I try something in the network browser, like deactivate a network mount, etc.

@rantaplan,

I am not aware how to activate debuglog, however I have found following in the internet:

Problems and Solutions - OpenPLi Wiki

Under point 5 there are instructions how to start Enigma in debug mode.

Is this what you are asking me to do?

I am arfaid, this is not going to work, as the OpenPli freezes once I do something in Network browser.

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #5 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,794 posts

+187
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2023 - 12:45

What @littlesat means is with OpenPLi 9.0 we introduced openresolv to the image to manage resolv.conf

Please, take a look at Known issue's: Fixed DNS IP and restore of an autobackup

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #6 LVM

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2023 - 14:10

Thank you all for the replies!

I did not flashed any new image, instead just updated already installed and worked 9.0 version of OpenPli.

However, I managed to resolve the issue with blocked/freeze TV after pressing button to manipulate/configure the network mount.

My NW mount is on a DreamBox 800, which has NewNigma installed as OS.

First of all, I changed the network cable of the drreambox and then I changed the gateway option in the network configuration from yes to no.

This way I was able to see the dreambox as a network resource in the network menu of Et4000 xtrend device.

Once done, everything else worked smooth and I am able again to (re)configure the network resources.

Thank you all for your support so far!

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2023 - 15:10

The network manager might hang when there is an active mount defined for a device that is not reachable. You should be able to see that in the debuglog.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #8 LVM

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2023 - 15:14

Yes, @Wanwizard, I came to the same conclusion - the NW manager is hanging bcs. the defined mount is not reachable. Is there another way to cancel the process of accessing the network mount, beside just hard reboot?

Re: OpenPli 9.0 freeze by network mount manager #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2023 - 15:17

Depends on why it hangs. In general, it hangs in the kernel driver waiting for a timeout, which is not interruptable from userspace.

If might not be a bad idea to add a check to see if the host is reachable (on IP or name), but usually that doesn't cause a (long) hang, the problem is usually that the IP is reachable but the service (NFS, CIFS) on the server doesn't respond.

It will also hang if the mount is active, but the server side was switched off without disabling the mount. Both the NFS and CIFS protocols are made for servers that are always on...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users