ZGEMMA H8.2H

ZGEMMA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dobrow

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 May 2024 - 04:20

Hello, I'm interested in a receiver to use enigma2, however in my country I'm limited to just a few models, I'd like to know if the ZGEMMA H8.2H is a solid choice, if it's a device fast enough to run openPLI.

Best regards

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #2 Snoete

• 616 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 28 May 2024 - 05:34

Yes it is.

-Triax 88cm schotel

-TD 20 flexi-block met 2 Inverto Black Premium Quattro LNB's

- Polytron Multiswitch 8 in / 8 out

- VU+Duo 4K, 2x VU+ Duo2, Zgemma H8.2H en een DM8000 HD PVR

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #3 Snoete

• 616 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 28 May 2024 - 07:23

Using it with PLi 9.0 - Develop now for several months and it does what it's supposed to.

-Triax 88cm schotel

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #4 dobrow

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 May 2024 - 03:38

Using it with PLi 9.0 - Develop now for several months and it does what it's supposed to.

Thanks friend, could you also tell me what zgemma's latest release is? I'll check if it's available

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #5 kalehrl

• 476 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 29 May 2024 - 06:43

https://openpli.org/...ad/zgemma/H8.2H

I tested Zgemma H8.2H and it really is a very good box with great price if you don't need 4K.
It's also barely warm to the touch when running unlike some other boxes.

Edited by kalehrl, 29 May 2024 - 06:43.

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #6 dobrow

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 June 2024 - 00:50

How do I edit, delete or add transponders ? Openpli 8.3

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,793 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 21 June 2024 - 10:27

Are you missing something?

We generate the xml on a daily basis ( the most recent is an hour old: https://github.com/O...tree/master/xml ), and 8.3 once a week.

If something isn't correct, it is better to correct the source ( so everyone can enjoy the fix ) then locally hacking it ( which gets overwritten on every software update ).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #8 dobrow

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 June 2024 - 23:27

Are you missing something?

We generate the xml on a daily basis ( the most recent is an hour old: https://github.com/O...tree/master/xml ), and 8.3 once a week.

If something isn't correct, it is better to correct the source ( so everyone can enjoy the fix ) then locally hacking it ( which gets overwritten on every software update ).

The 70w satellite has many frequencies from other countries. When I perform a search, instead of just channels from my country appearing, channels from the entire South American continent appear.

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,793 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 15:35

So you want to delete transponders?

That isn't really going to work, as those transponders will remain present in the sattelites NIT table, which the scanner uses...

Simply make a bouquet with the channels your interested in, and ignore everything else being broadcasted, it is standard practice on an Enigma box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #10 dobrow

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 June 2024 - 12:48

So you want to delete transponders?

That isn't really going to work, as those transponders will remain present in the sattelites NIT table, which the scanner uses...

Simply make a bouquet with the channels your interested in, and ignore everything else being broadcasted, it is standard practice on an Enigma box.

I removed the transponders using filezila, it solved my problem, thank you.

Can you answer another question, my EPG takes a long time to load, and sometimes it only loads if I open the channel, is there any way to solve or speed this up?

Best Regards..

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,793 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 27 June 2024 - 13:11

That will solve it until the next software update, or the next satellite scan, and then you'll get them all back.

I can only repeat, do not zap using the raw channel list, create bouquet files.

And it depend on what you mean.

EPG is stored in memory, so if it is available but slow to display, you may have plugins that mess things up. If it is not available, it needs to be received first.

If your provider provides/broadcasts EPG, it may take some time to receive it. You can use the EPG Refresh plugin, to have this done at some time of the day when you don't use the box, so it is ready for when you need it.

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #12 MifPT

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 August 2024 - 14:54

Hi Snoete, 

You don't have issues with the image & sound freezing for a while and then comes back?

I have the same box and I'm experiencing this behaviour...

Thanks,

MifPT

Re: ZGEMMA H8.2H #13 Snoete

• 616 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 18 August 2024 - 18:48

Nope, still using this Receiver without any problems. Watching Live-TV from Astra 19.2 and 23.5, movies / recordings on a NAS. Fast enough without any hiccups.

Like the answer in you're other post, maybe try FTA channels first...

Edited by Snoete, 18 August 2024 - 18:50.

-Triax 88cm schotel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users