• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 14:57

No clue what that is. That looks like an ATV image? OpenPLi doesn't have a mount manager, and does not use fstab to mount devices.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #22 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:02

you can find mountmanager into systemplugins

regards

Edited by dany, 18 June 2024 - 15:06.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #23 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:06

here is the foto

its openpli-develop image

Attached Files

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:28

I know where to find it. I wrote we don't use it.

You're making all sorts of changes, then come here to say "it" doesn't work, but don't tell us what changes exactly you made?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #25 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,852 posts

+189
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:32

Yes, this plugin is in our feed, but I would advise not to use fstab as this plugin does. fstab should only be used if you really know what you are doing. So I would advise to uninstall this plugin.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #26 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:40

What changes i did if everything was fine until i made updates !!! everything changed after update
i showed you all the photos

40H3X ... thank you

I have no other choice because the mount changes after updates

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:44

The mount doesn't change after updates.

My guess (I can't know for sure, as you still don't provide ANY information about what you have done) is that you have added a device mount to fstab.

Which you shouldn't do, as you can't be sure what the order of device detection is, it is random, so sda one boot could be sdb the next one.

If you insist on using fstab instead of device labels, use the device's UUID instead of the device name.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #28 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:48

I do not insist on using fstab. i am looking for a permanent solution and i do not care about the method used

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 15:57

Tip for next time: post your question, instead of posting your self-invented solution with the question why that doesn't work. Saves us both some time... ;)

The "OpenPLi" way is to use device labels, set during format, with the e2label command, or using the red button in the mount manager.

The label is used to make sure the mount point is consistent, so if you label a device "backup", it will always be mounted on /media/backup.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #30 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 16:15

i will try today or tomorrow to flash my box without using the autorestore settings ... start from zero and see how it will be

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #31 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 16:43

By default, /etc/fstab is not part of an autobackup. So if you haven't added it, a restore is not a problem.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #32 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,852 posts

+189
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 17:06

.....if I may add, yes, but you should first remove the plugin and only than make an autobackup.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #33 ricki

• 587 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 18:13

What is the command to mount usb as hdd?

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #34 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2024 - 18:24

What is the command to mount usb as hdd?

The "OpenPLi" way is to use device labels, set during format, with the e2label command, or using the red button in the mount manager.

so, label your usb device "hdd".

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #35 ricki

• 587 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 June 2024 - 18:55

Thank you!

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #36 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 19 June 2024 - 15:18

I did not reinstall the image and kept everything as it was and the problem fixed

i used devicemanager .. installed via systemplugins... really very usefull plugin :

1- press on partitions
2- press on unmount
3- press on mount
This list will appear to you ...
mount as main hdd
mount as media/hdd1
mount as media/hdd2
mount as media/usb
etc ....

you have 2 choices to :

press on red ( Fixed mount)
press on green ( Fast mount)
i chose  ( Fixed mount)

the problem fixed after reboot ...

i did autobackup for testing ... everything went as well

regards

Attached Files

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #37 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2024 - 16:08

That plugin does essentially the same, which is create an fstab entry.

Which hasn't fixed anything, because it creates the same entries, with the same false assumptions, namely that sda is always your disk, and sdb is always your USB device. Which is not guaranteed, as device detection order is random (undefined in OS terms).

The only solution is the one already explained to you, which is to label your devices.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #38 DimitarCC

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,426 posts

+51
Good

Posted 19 June 2024 - 16:21

UUID doesnt change. So that can be used

Vu+DUO4KSE, DM920UHD, Vu+Uno4KSE, SF8008Mini, Vu+Solo2, Dreambox DM500HD, Triax 78 (7E,9E,13E,19.2E,23.5E) & Triax 78 (39E)

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #39 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2024 - 16:35

Is that used by that plugin to construct the fstab entry?

If so, I've said nothing ;). Other than that labels are still more flexible, as they also work if you plug the device into another box... ;)

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #40 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 19 June 2024 - 17:05

UUID=aea2d027-11d4-2d49-8dc6-b5d71e3792d8 /media/usb auto defaults 1 1
UUID=bf39eca8-ebbf-da01-0029-eca8ebbfda01 /media/hdd auto defaults 1 1
rootfs               /                    auto       defaults              1  1
proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0  0
devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0  0
tmpfs                /run                 tmpfs      mode=0755,nodev,nosuid,strictatime 0  0
tmpfs                /var/volatile        tmpfs      defaults              0  0

pli image is de beste

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users