• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #61 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 21:34

Abu Baniaz ...

i use openpli-develop as recovery image on slot0 , and all openpli images with openbh working very well on usb but the others not ... ( openvix-openatv-openspa)
if i use openbh as recovery image on slot0 , do you think all other images will working well enough  on usb ?

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #62 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,465 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 June 2024 - 21:57

I don't know how to do that, so I can't offer any advice. I suppose try it. PLi does not force a reboot into flashed image, this is why I kept PLI as the "recovery" image. Pli were the only team to advocate the need for a "recovery" image too. The others changed their approach without openly accepting it.

But if it does work, it brings us back to the old problem people had when using open multiboot plugin. The OMB plugin (different to kexec multiboot or hardware multiboot) would work with other images on internal flash but not PLi. 

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #63 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 22:50

just tested it now .. openbh on internal flash as recovery image ( slot0 ) and openatv on usb .....  still the same problem

kexec multiboot needs improvements to solve this problem

WanWizard ...please can you rename the topic from openmultiboot to multiboot

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #64 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,622 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2024 - 07:46

Or openatv needs to stay be the good old standard and not change stuff without notifications and discussions…. Multiboot is something images share… and what we grab was what all images intentionally should have.

Edited by littlesat, 23 June 2024 - 07:47.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #65 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,155 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2024 - 11:23

OpenPLi has a perfectly working weather plugin already

which one you mean ?

This one (you get the 14 days forecast by pressing Ok on the first screen):

Attached Files

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #66 twol

• 446 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 12:13

just tested it now .. openbh on internal flash as recovery image ( slot0 ) and openatv on usb .....  still the same problem

regards

@Dany and @AA

so in terms of Vu+ 4K  Kexec Multiboot, there is no basic code difference between OpenViX & Openbh, one works the other works.

If initially flashed with either and Vu+ Multiboot selected, a stripped down slot0 image is created & also slot1 of 3 filled with the image.

To create usb slots, the usb must be initialised as ext4 (this was decided when Kexec was first created) and slots on it can defined by selecting the MultibootSelector (long press power button) and ten press Red to allocate 4 usb slots (this can be repeated)
Users can manually add slots using the normal slot format or UUID.

It is better that the kexec usb is not also used as a storage device

Hope this helps.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #67 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,155 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2024 - 12:45

I don't see a problem to be solved.

OpenPLi doesn't support, and will not support, multiboot slots on USB. In our view is not stable (enough), and prone to all sorts of USB issues we don't want to bother endusers with.

Bsides that, our target audience in general use the box to watch TV, not to install a zillion images and constantly switch between them. Something I don't see the point of anyway.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #68 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 14:37

Littlesat .... let us discuss an important point that must be taken seriously
What if there are new updates to the kernel... in this case, you will lose all installed images on slots, as happened with me and with WanWizard.
You must have protection for the kernel update , otherwise, you will face this problem with every kernel update

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #69 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 14:44

WanWizard ... yes i remember this plugin ... but I'm not sure if it will always work or if it stops sometimes, as happens with weather plugins

Many people say that the OAweather plugin works regularly without stopping

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #70 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 15:02

regards

@Dany and @AA

so in terms of Vu+ 4K  Kexec Multiboot, there is no basic code difference between OpenViX & Openbh, one works the other works.

yes i know that well, and that's why i don't know why Openbh works well on usb while openvix does not work
Of course, the usb is initialised as ext4, and i have uploaded an picture to prove that , when openvix  is installed on the usb ... reads only the harddisk, while it does not read the usb.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #71 ricki

• 586 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 16:50

updated ..

Attached Files

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #72 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 17:38

updated ..

its not plugin issue , the image missing dependencies for it   , are you using openpli 83 or 9.0 or develop ?

openpli 9.0 and openpli-develp ( python3) .. use this telnet , after that restat enigma

opkg install python3-requests

openpli 7.3 and openpli 8.3 ( python2) .. use this telnet , after that restat enigma

opkg install python-requests

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #73 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,622 posts

+695
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2024 - 17:53

Again because oe-a images are installing a lot of initially not required stuff in forehand, plugin makes became lazy and do not mention stuff in the package that they need…. So the plugin needs to fix that these packages are also installed when needed…

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #74 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 18:03

ricki .... wait ,  just few minutes ,, OAweather plugin py3 and py2 will be updated

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #75 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 18:27

ricki .. press on plugins .. remove plugins ... extensions  and remove this plugin oaweather , after that restart enigma

after restart enigma ,,, install the updated one from here :

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #76 ricki

• 586 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2024 - 19:06

Thank you!

works great

Edited by ricki, 23 June 2024 - 19:13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users