75 replies to this topic

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #41 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2024 - 17:24

:thumbs-up:

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #42 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 15:18

I don't know if the problem is in the mount or the multiboot
All images work perfectly on the multiboot when you install them to one of the internal flash slots
But when installing them on a USB, there are some problems
All Openpli images work perfectly on flash and USB, as does the OpenBlackhole image ...  after using devices manager of openblackhole  to remount the devices
But these images do not work well on USB (Openatv , Openspa  and Openvix).
There are pictures of images that do not work well on the USB. They do not read the USB , even if you using openblackhole device manager  to remount the devices , and therefore the picons do not appear and the timeshift that was programmed on the USB does not work too .
I think the problem is in the multiboot

regards

Attached Files

Edited by dany, 22 June 2024 - 15:28.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #43 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 15:25

Multiboot is completely transparent, kexec is the standard linux API for booting a secondary kernel.

And we can't really comment on what other images do or don't do. Especially if we don't know any details, we can't do much with a generic "it doesn't work".

Start by looking at the dmesg output of those images, and see what it reports about the USB device. Also test what happens if you boot without the USB device connected, and plug it in afterwards. Perhaps those images have issues with cold-plug detection?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #44 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 15:30

for correction .. ( There are pictures of images that do not work well on the USB. They do not read the USB , even if you using thier device manager  to remount the devices , and therefore the picons do not appear and the timeshift that was programmed on the USB does not work too

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 15:31

I understand that, and that doesn't change anything to my response.

The device needs to be detected by the linux device manager (mdev or udev) first, if that doesn't happen, there's nothing to mount, as that happens via a hotplug (after insertion) or coldplug (after detection of a pluged-in device on startup) event .

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #46 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 15:56

I completely understand you and i hope you will correct me if i am wrong , i want to talk about another point
When you install OpenPli Image on the flash on slot 0, you will have 3 slots left to install 3 other images.
openpli multiboot has no option to install more images on the USB
thats why i am installing Openbh on slot 1, and after installing openbh i click on Multiboot, then on add extra usb slots , by this way i can install many images on the USB ,  this option is not present in the Openpli multiboot.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #47 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 16:05

We don't support that because it is instable and unreliable, as you have experienced.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #48 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 16:24

The important point for me in this discussion is that these problems have nothing to do with the mount, as you explained, and as my experiences with problems with images installed on USB have proven.

A quick question, and I will explain why later
no module named urlib2   ....  is there something to solve this problem? using telnet or something else

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #49 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 16:32

That smells like an ipk package installed manually.

Which means you have to be careful, as it is usually packages made for OE-A images that have their dependencies f'd up, since OE-A installs everything but the kitchen sink per default, so plugin makers don't care if they don't do things properly. And a lot of OE-A packages are not compatible with OpenPLi.

Also, the requirement for urllib2 indicates it is a plugin made for Python 2, which doesn't run on OpenPLi 9 and newer, as that requires Python 3.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #50 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 16:33

OAweather plugin installing ...

Attached Files

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #51 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 16:37

dear friend... You are absolutely right, in any case, i found a solution to this problem, but i said that perhaps there is another solution.

regards

Edited by dany, 22 June 2024 - 16:38.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #52 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 16:41

OAweather is an OE-A plugin, most likely won't work on OpenPLi even if you got the dependencies working.

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #53 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 19:22

OAweather working now on both python2 and python3

here working on openpli-develop (python3)  .. look at these pictuers

regards

Attached Files

Edited by dany, 22 June 2024 - 19:26.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 19:28

Congratulations. Now send some of that weather over here, sick and tired of the cold... ;)

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #55 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 19:32

it was just a test .. i will make ipk now for both ( py2 and py3) ;)

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #56 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 19:43

here are the OAqeather ipks for both python2 (py2) and python3 (py3)

here are the OAweather ipks for both python2 (py2) and python3 (py3)

Edited by dany, 22 June 2024 - 19:48.

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #57 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,193 posts

+1,764
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2024 - 19:47

Not really interested, OpenPLi has a perfectly working weather plugin already. With a lot more information, and for more days...

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #58 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 19:50

OpenPLi has a perfectly working weather plugin already

which one you mean ?

regards

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #59 dany

• 220 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2024 - 20:31

updated ..

pli image is de beste

Re: multiboot-kernel updates - openpli-develop #60 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,465 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 June 2024 - 21:07

One of the OBH team (they introduced the kexec multiboot function) has all his images on USB flash drive. This is partly why the recovery image discussion went around for a while because it does not apply to their usage,

Littlesat has mentioned several times that you can have images on a USB device for hardware multiboot devices. There are no posts/guides on how to do this. I would like to have this as the three directories/partitions/slots are not enough sometimes.

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 22 June 2024 - 21:08.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users