Good

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:33

VU+ had bigger bugs when it came out.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #82 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:36

Well, no. I had the VU+ from day one. It had bugs, yes. But none of them was even close as big as this one. :)

However, some VU+ owners actually do have that same issue since some weeks. But for them, there is no solution yet. I was always quite impressed how fast Marusys provided fixes for their issues, but Clarketech clearly surpassed that on this one. :)

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #83 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:38

Wow OD! This sounds good. I will switch this evening to 2.0 as well with the new driver. CT is very quick compared with other stb producer. They submitted the informations about the remotecontrol to the Logitech Harmony database very fast. 3 days after my request the database entry was done from Logitech.

Br,

Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #84 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:44

CT5000HD was running enigma2? Or own image?

own image. Boot in 6 sec. I do not think we can do this with an embedded linux environment.
It was just to illustrate that my feeling concerning the CT support is very good.

I imagine that such environment (Enigma2) is new also for the CT support, but I am confident concerning their skill for low level development.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #85 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:46

However, some VU+ owners actually do have that same issue since some weeks. But for them, there is no solution yet. I was always quite impressed how fast Marusys provided fixes for their issues, but Clarketech clearly surpassed that on this one. :)

I also have VU Duo and I don't have any recording issues (I use OpenPLI 2.0 beta).

Biggest problem of early VU Duo drivers for me was the irdeto chid problem. It took more than a month to be fixed and I couldn't use my subscription due to this problem. But eventually it was fixed.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #86 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:52

I also have VU Duo and I don't have any recording issues

Me neither. But obviously there are a number of people that have this issue. Unlike as with the ET9000, it seems to be no common issue for the VU+.

Biggest problem of early VU Duo drivers for me was the irdeto chid problem. It took more than a month to be fixed and I couldn't use my subscription due to this problem. But eventually it was fixed.

My biggest problem was too that my 2 smartcards (HD+ and ORF) where not usable in the internal readers. But still, I would not consider such kind of issues as big as a PVR not being able to record. :)

PS: Just doing 2 parallel recordings. Working fine so far.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #87 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 69,832 posts

+1,780
Excellent

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:54

I've never had any issue recording SD channels on the VU+, but I did have some failed recordings on HD channels.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Ultimate (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #88 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:19

I do have 4 smartcards (SKY, HD+, SRG-Swiss and ORF). The Sky card works in the internal readers the others not. But with the serial usb readers (smargo) they work well. Hopefully the FTDI-drivers work with OpenPli 2.0 as well now.

Br, Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #89 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:28

Openpli 2.0 beta 28/12/2010 + driver 27/12/2010
Record of Spy Kids 3 on BBC HD is OK -> about 5 Go

But, at the end of the film (I program 10 mn more) I wanted to stop the record, and this option does not appear in the menu when I press the record button...
At least, one more test record OK with these new drivers. :-)

by the way, I wanted to test recording now for encrypted channels with hypercam. And I have a beginner question ? in which file can I set the command to launch it at bootup ? I set it in bootup file (/etc/init.d) in v1.0, but this file is not present in v2.0.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #90 Dr3am3r

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:36

1. In the web-interface when you click on "Movies" a red bar appears in the top of the web-page with the following error: "Request failed for: /web/movielist?dirname=/hdd/movie/&tag=Status: 500 Internal Server Error"

2. In PIG the aspect ratio for 4/3 isn't correct. It's stretched out or 16/9.

3. On the remote long pressing the standby button doesn't work for bringing up the shutdown menu.

4. White Sky UK card doesn't work in card-reader.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #91 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:42

I do have 4 smartcards (SKY, HD+, SRG-Swiss and ORF). The Sky card works in the internal readers the others not. But with the serial usb readers (smargo) they work well. Hopefully the FTDI-drivers work with OpenPli 2.0 as well now.

Yes they do. The only issue I had was that the installation via the "Extensions" menu failed (i.e. it hung). I then installed it manually via telnet by issuing

opkg install kernel-module-ftdi-sio

There will appear an error message as well, but after rebooting everything is fine.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #92 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:45

arghhh !!! no more hypercam possible in v2.0.... I got a error when I launch it : "error when loading shared libraries : libcrypto.so"

So... CCCam to test encrypted channel & recording.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #93 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:51

Yes they do. The only issue I had was that the installation via the "Extensions" menu failed (i.e. it hung). I then installed it manually via telnet by issuing

opkg install kernel-module-ftdi-sio

There will appear an error message as well, but after rebooting everything is fine.

OK, ty OD. The CCcam installation form the "Extensions" menu will work so far. Could you send me a link from where I can download the FTDI drivers?

Br, Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #94 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 13:09

It's already in the image. Or it's downloaded from somewhere automatically, don't know for sure. Anyway, you don't need to download anything, just issue that command.

On the other hand... maybe you need to try it via Extensions menu first. Maybe the file is downloaded by doing this, and keeps in flash even though installation fails. It could also be that it will work for you via Extensions menu. It did for me yesterday, it just didn't today.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #95 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 14:25

which great improvement these new drivers ! Posted Image

I launched 5 simultaneous records on the Canal+ HD TP during about 1h30. All 5 records are OK ! Posted Image
file sizes are 5,5 Go / 4,4 Go / 8,4 Go / 5,7 Go / 3,1 Go.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #96 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 December 2010 - 14:52

arghhh !!! no more hypercam possible in v2.0.... I got a error when I launch it : "error when loading shared libraries : libcrypto.so"

do
cd /usr/lib
ln -sf libcrypto.so.0.9.8 libcrypto.so

and it should work

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #97 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 December 2010 - 14:57

Recordings over NFS share are also working OK. I guess the issue should be considered fixed.

Anyone else can comment about SD interlaced image quality I've mentioned above? Do you experience the same results as I do?

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #98 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:06

I checked on LCI (french news channel)

1- 576i -> logo are OK & no flicker at all
2- 720p -> logo's edges seem bad & flicker on "news panels"
3- 1080i -> logo's edges seem bad

I cross checked quickly with my CT 5000 HD on the same channel (I have a scaler between it and the plasma, but I do not think it can correct such problem).

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #99 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:20

do
cd /usr/lib
ln -sf libcrypto.so.0.9.8 libcrypto.so

and it should work

perhaps I do something wrong, but after several tries.. this still does not solve my problem ?!?
same error message

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #100 Roodkapke

• 5,782 posts

+29
Good

Posted 28 December 2010 - 16:39

I checked on LCI (french news channel)

1- 576i -> logo are OK & no flicker at all
2- 720p -> logo's edges seem bad & flicker on "news panels"
3- 1080i -> logo's edges seem bad

I cross checked quickly with my CT 5000 HD on the same channel (I have a scaler between it and the plasma, but I do not think it can correct such problem).

Disconnect your scaler and try it without it.
It should not flicker on 1080i.
Maybe the 2 devices interfere

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users