Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread

ET9000

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #121 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:19

I found a file in "enigma2.mo" file (/usr/share/enigma2/po/fr/LC_MESSAGES) some 'french' messages I can see in enigma2 menu. But, I do not think 'notepad++' is enough to update this kind of file...
More, I search 'yesterday' in this file, and I do not find it. So, this means certainly that each plug-in has its own dictionnary.

I think I need some help if you want I work on this subject.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #122 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,499 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:29

the search function will help ;)

http://www.pli-image...451#post_160451

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #123 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:42

Ok thanks ! I tried also the search function, but sometimes if you do not use the good keywords... you do not find.
I will read this thread and try to do my best for french translation.Posted Image

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #124 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:56

I open ticket #218, and I saw there is also a ticket #124 for french OSD for vu+ duo.
How do you manage such case, and shall do the translation only for ET9000 or for Enigma2 ?

a little remark, ET9000 does not appears as a choice in component ticket list.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #125 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:59

these two issues are not hardware specific.
The translation is enigma2, and a text which does not fit in the allocated space ('esterday') is a skin issue.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #126 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:17

Ok, I don't really get that one...

On et-view.com, there are enigma2.mo files available for 4 languages, which contain some ET9000-specific texts. I place the file (let's take the german one as example) into /usr/share/enigma2/po/de/LC_MESSAGES, overwriting the existing default file. However, upon next online update, the file gets overwritten.

Is there a way to prevent that?

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #127 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,499 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:48

we try NOT to use non specific "Dreambox", "VU+DUO" or "ET9000" translations
instead we use "Receiver" or simular words depending on the needed lines and there meanings

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #128 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:53

cool, my next question has already an answer. So I will use "démodulateur" instead of dreambox. Posted Image

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #129 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 15:19

we try NOT to use non specific "Dreambox", "VU+DUO" or "ET9000" translations
instead we use "Receiver" or simular words depending on the needed lines and there meanings

Well, not in all cases. For instance, in the software update window, the question is "Wollen Sie Ihre Dreambox aktualisieren?" ("Do you want to update your Dreambox?").

Anyway, is there a way to prevent that file from being overwritten? Or is there a way (like with the skin_user.xml) to put the desired content into a different file that overrules the .mo files and which are not being overwritten by the online updates?

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #130 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2010 - 15:30

the only way is to have us apply your po patches (not the mo, the po).
But I'm not sure how well we can handle custom translations at the moment, without creating big merge problems in enigma2/po.
I haven't looked into that lately.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #131 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 16:14

We try NOT to use non specific "Dreambox", "VU+DUO" or "ET9000" translations. Instead we use "Receiver" or simular words depending on the needed lines and there meanings

Well, not in all cases. For instance, in the software update window, the question is "Wollen Sie Ihre Dreambox aktualisieren?" ("Do you want to update your Dreambox?").

Well, hemertje answer was "we TRY to...". It turns out to be not so easy to avoid that in all cases (as is the case e.g. in the webinterface).
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #132 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2010 - 16:28

the only way is to have us apply your po patches (not the mo, the po).
But I'm not sure how well we can handle custom translations at the moment, without creating big merge problems in enigma2/po.

Well, what I'm thinking of is not even language-specific, it's device-specific. When using the above mentioned .mo file from et-view.com, the text in the software update window for instance changes to "Do you want to update your ET9000?". I think it's not really feasable to handle device-specific .mo/.po files from your side, is it?

But this isn't a big deal anyway. I was just asking myself if there's a way to prevent that file from being overwritten, or if there's an overruling file, as with the skin_user.xml. If that's not the case then I can live with that.

Or maybe a different idea: If I place that ET9000-specific .mo file into the same folder, for example a "enigma2.mo.bak", how would a script line need to look like (and to which file would I need to append it) in order to copy that file over the .mo file on every boot?

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #133 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,499 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2010 - 21:15

in the past we where thinking about a general translations file and a facturor/box specific translations file which should be merged during the build proces so the translations suited together with the box

but we havent have time to investigate this or develop it any further

maybe some other programmer/developer can have a thought about it and work it out!?

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #134 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:36

Thanks for the explanation. I solved this non-issue :) for me by placing the ET9000-version of the enigma2.mo file as enigma2.mo.et9000 into /usr/share/enigma2/po/de/LC_MESSAGES/. Then I appended the following line to /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh:

cp -f /usr/share/enigma2/po/de/LC_MESSAGES/enigma2.mo.et9000 /usr/share/enigma2/po/de/LC_MESSAGES/enigma2.mo

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #135 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:48

/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh is the file where we can set some miscelleanous commands or launch some processes to "tune" our receiver ?
This file is it saved when we do a backup of our parameters by the Enigma2 menu ?

... what a huge work to translate in French.... most of the entries were not translated.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #136 scope34

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:44

Hi,

if i am allowed to make a short suggestion for the Change PO Files topic.
What about the idea to simply replace String "Dreambox" with a vendor specific "ET9000" one, based on machine name build during Enigma2 Bitbake process?

Here is an example:

do_unpack_append_et9000(){
change_po()
}

def change_po():
import os
try:
os.system("find ./ -name \"*.po\" > ./po_list")
os.system("find ./ -name \"*.pot\" >> ./po_list")
po_list = []
po_list = open('po_list','r+').readlines()
for x in po_list:
changeword(x)
os.system('rm po_list')
except:
print 'word patch error '
return
def changeword(file):
fn = file[:-1]
fnn = file[:-1]+'_n'
cmd = "sed s/Dreambox/ET9000/g "+fn+" > "+fnn
os.system(cmd)
cmd1 = "mv "+fnn+" "+fn
os.system(cmd1)

All other related wishes to merge custom translations, which are quite better or more complete (e. g. removes translation errors) should be incorporated into the official Enigma2 PO Language Files, so that everyone can benefit from better translations. So i suggest you to commit them to Enigma2 Git, meaning openpli can do Enigma2 merges without any problems, because the Enigma2 Base is the same, only a machine specific String replacement is added befoce Enigma2 compile. This way should fullfill all users needs! Maybe you find this useful.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #137 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,499 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:07

there are more box specific items the only the translations, see also the many graphic pictures en logo's inside the menu's and webinterface

so what we like to addept are non box specific translations and redesignend logo's inside the menu's and webiterface

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #138 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:13

.....so what we like to addept are non box specific translations and redesignend logo's inside the menu's and webiterface

I presented the webinterface-without-hardware to PLi but it was never used (see see here)
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #139 scope34

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:32

Hi,

this is not fully possible, for instance webremote is using different rc mapping, rc-picture and rc-codes.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #140 scope34

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 December 2010 - 13:02

Hi,

i think the only way to achieve this custom webinterface etc, change icons etc. is to patch the required sources by applying patches machine based like:

SRC_URI_et9000 = "file://enigma2_et9000.patch;patch=1;pnum=1 \
"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users