ET9000

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #41 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 15:12

To diagnose, could you run a recording while enigma2 is logging to the commandline.

Here you go. The recording interrupted at around 15:03. At this point in time, nothing special happened in the putty output. What you see approx. 2 minutes later is when I went into the filelist, checked filesize, and then stopped the record. After this, the time stamp of the recording that I continously checked via FTP was updated to 15:06, but as said, it stopped to "grow" at 15:03.

Attached Files

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #42 jedeje

• 63 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 15:50

I´ll create a log tonight when I´m at home.

A thread for a very similar looking issue has now been opened for the VU+ Duo as well.

Gr
JeDeJe
Clarke tech ET-9000, TF7700HDPVR E2 A1+A2+A3+HB & Rotor 40W - 40E

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #43 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 16:07

Created another log, just to be sure, but looks pretty much the same. Checked again continously the filesize via FTP. File stopped to increase at 15:41. I waited a bit longer this time (5 minutes) before I stopped the recording. The file's timestamp was again updated to the time I stopped the record, but the filesize did of course not change, and when viewing the record, it indeen interrupted at 15:41. At 15:41, nothing special in the log.

What now worries me a bit: When googling around, I found that some VU+ owners reported this issue already some weeks ago (maybe not here, but for instance in the VTI forum). Problem looks quite similar, and there is no solution yet. However, I did never had this issue with my VU+. OK, I never used the VTI image though, I was using OpenPLi on the VU+ for a long time now. For the VTI image, the problem started with VTI 2.0 (or 2.2?), which was released some weeks ago. Could it be that some sort of change that was introduced in VTI image a while ago has now been introduced to OpenPLI, causing the same issue?

Anyway, the fact that this issue seems to be existing on the VU+ for quite a while now without a solution being available, I'm asking myself if it wouldn't be better to stick to my VU+, which works perfectly fine with OpenPLi (at least 1.0, never tried 2.0). Not being able to properly record things is a k.o. criteria...

Attached Files

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #44 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 16:38

@OldDeuteronomy

I do not have these problems with OpenPli 1.0 from 15.12.2012. So you can rollback to 1.0 and your records should work. So no reason to switch back to the VU+.
Brg,
Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #45 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 16:49

Currently I have installed the latest "official" built from et-view.com, which is an OE1.0 build from 20/11. I am just performing a record of BBC HD. If that works (or also if it doesn't) I will update to the build from 15/12. Would need to do that anyway because in the 20/11 build, neither the SoftcamSetup plugin nor the usb2serial driver can be installed (installation starts, but the box hangs then), so no chance to use my smartcards.

If the 15/12 build is really the solution, I could of course live with it as long as it's necessary. However, there were other folks here reporting that they have this issue also with 1.0. I had it myself with 1.0. But it was the build from 17/12, so hopefully the earlier one is a go. :D

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #46 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 16:51

I will crosscheck again this evening. I made several records during the last days. I wil report as soon its done.
Br, Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #47 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,052 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2010 - 17:02

There's no mention of anything going wrong, it thinks it's still recording even though no data is coming out of the mux. Looks like the demuxer just stops outputting data at some point. Seems a driver issue, but could be related to the descrambler as well. Did you try with a FTA channel?
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #48 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 17:49

Yes I did. As said above, I just tested under the build that is downloadable from et-view.com (dated 20/11), and I recorded from BBC HD (FTA). Recording interrupted after approx 30 minutes at approx 1.3GB filesize.

I will now finally perform a test with the OE1.0 build from 15/12 that Jbg is using. However, I am afraid that the issue will be present here as well and that he just did not yet realized it. Because if you just look into the list of recordings, everything looks fine at first sight.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #49 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 17:57

Unfortunatly I have to confirm this problem. Several recordings on FTA und other channels are incomplete. All records start at the correct time and stop after several minutes. From 7 minutes up to 75 minutes but all incomplete (8 recordings). Records are done on OpenPli 1.0 from 15/12/2010. This is a big issue which should be solved soon.

Br,

Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #50 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:07

Last test for now: I will try the original build from October that I backed up after receiving the box. But I'm afraid that this will also fail.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #51 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:12

If the original image also do not record correct, it is a reason for me to send back the box.

Please let me know OD.

Thanks you and best regards,

Jbg

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #52 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:14

I confirm too on the "incredibles". File is only 2,6 Go (see by Filezilla), recording is still prompted when the info panel of BBC One is displayed, but if I hit the record key, the option to stop the record is not displayed !

openPli v1.0 17/12/2010

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #53 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:32

This should be a driver issue. Unfortunately can't check it with internal HDD, but I'll test long recording with external NAS mounted with NFS.

Is your scheduled recording uses tuner A or tuner B? Does it make any difference on the issue? Do you zap while box is recording?

Does recording demux buffer size makes any difference?

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #54 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:33

If the original image also do not record correct, it is a reason for me to send back the box.

Please let me know OD.

Can't make that test today, or my wife kills me. :D

If anyone else would want to do that test, I could upload the factory-installed image in case you don't have it. Just let me know.

Else I would try it tomorrow.

It would of course be great if CT would answer to this big issue fast. I'm quite sure the PLi team already forwarded this issue to the appropriate folks.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #55 OPERATION

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:50

I run the OpenPLi-beta-et9000-20101217, because I can take here my normal plugins from enigma2 beta feed.

but the recording problem is the same on OpenPli 2.0, I have tested it before with a newer one, and then I go back to 1.0.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #56 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 19:30

Tuner A for me. The only thing I do, is to insert an USB key to watch another film during the record of the incredible.
In fact, at the present time my both receiver are connected.
So, tonight, Dr Who & Wild Hogs are scheduled, and I will do nothing on it.
Recording demux size was previously set to 1,5 Mbytes, I set it to 2Mbytes to see.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #57 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 19:37

perhaps another bug, a very little for this one
From the configuration menu, option is set to deep standby when a long power off is done. But, I never succeeded to have a deep standby...

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #58 swiffer

• 66 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 19:46

and another difference too between the successful record and the bad one. This morning, the box was not connected to mu local network. So I disconnect it for tonight recording.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #59 OldDeuteronomy

• 197 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 20:20

Another info regarding the recording issue: I already reported in another thread few days ago that I'm using a media player to stream channels from the box to the player. This perfectly worked with the VU+, but with the ET9000, the stream interrupts from time to time. I now found out that the interruptions of the streams and the recordings are exactly identical. That means that when I'm recording a service and watch the same service simultaneously on the media player, the stream interrupts at the very same moment the recording stops.

Re: Clarketech ET9000 common bug thread #60 kleinerjunge

• 167 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2010 - 22:58

Puuuuhh,

seems that we need the guys from Scotland Yard to solve this issue :-D
Sorry, I couldn't stay quite while reading this thread, which, by the way, is really interesting!

cu
KJ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users