BackupSuite

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 1306 reacties in dit onderwerp

Re: BackupSuite #721 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 20:53

Something wrong is going on here.

Please paste the full output of the commands below.

opkg update
opkg install util-linux-mkfs

I have done it - but how do i paste what i have from the telnet commands to here?

Re: BackupSuite #722 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8458 berichten

+327
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 20:55

Use putty it has an option to log output to file!

https://www.chiark.g...tty/latest.html
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: BackupSuite #723 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68858 berichten

+1747
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 20:59

Windows telnet? In a cmd box? 

Windows 10: https://www.howtogee...command-prompt/

Older versions: http://www.techsuppo...mand-prompt.htm

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: BackupSuite #724 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:12

Thank you - unfortunately i have no idea how to copy the results from my telnet command so i have attached the pic instead.

I hope you can see where my issue is. I had no problem with openpli 4.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Re: BackupSuite #725 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:24

not sure if it clear...

Veranderd door zigzag, 2 juli 2017 - 21:25

Re: BackupSuite #726 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68858 berichten

+1747
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:27

There is something very weird on your box. You seem to have a mix of OpenPLi 4 and OpenPLi 6 feeds.

Did you flash the box? Did you restore a backup? If so, what was in the backup? Or did you copy files back manually? If so, which files?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: BackupSuite #727 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8458 berichten

+327
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:27

It is clear that you do not have valid feeds!

All request return error. What day is your image?
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: BackupSuite #728 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:34

I have been using an openpli 4 image which is backed up via the backupsuite to my hdd.

This morning (appx 9 hrs 25 mins ago) i flashed an openpli 6 version dated 1/7/17 from the

downloads section. I have been trying to back my image up since then!!!!

Apart from that i have no idea how i have a mix of 4 and 6 in this image now as i haven't done anything else,

My image is the one that is in the downloads section for the Xtrend 9x00 dated 1st July.

Veranderd door zigzag, 2 juli 2017 - 21:38

Re: BackupSuite #729 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68858 berichten

+1747
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:36

Very interesting. Something backupsuite related? I've never used it.

Re: BackupSuite #730 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:42

I have been using an openpli 4 image which is backed up via the backupsuite to my hdd.

This morning (appx 9 hrs 25 mins ago) i flashed an openpli 6 version dated 1/7/17 from the

downloads section. I have been trying to back my image up since then!!!!

Apart from that i have no idea how i have a mix of 4 and 6 in this image now as i haven't done anything else,

My image is the one that is in the downloads section for the Xtrend 9x00 dated 1st July.

I think i will just revert back to openpli 4 as i've just wasted my entire day on this.

The only reason i wanted to use openpli 6 was to enable us to use the latest version of mediaportal which has been

succesfully loaded whereas on openpli 4 it is a nightmare to do. Looks like we'll just do without rather than trying to use 6

Re: BackupSuite #731 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68858 berichten

+1747
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:45

There is no way you can retain anything from a previous image if you flash a box. All flash memory will be erased and overwritten.

Where you prompted to restore a backup after the first boot of OpenPLi 6, and did you choose to do so?

If yes, then your OpenPLi 4 backup contains files that shouldn't be in there. Perhaps selected the entire /etc directory for backup by mistake? If not, then I have no clue.

Re: BackupSuite #732 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:49

There is no way you can retain anything from a previous image if you flash a box. All flash memory will be erased and overwritten.

Where you prompted to restore a backup after the first boot of OpenPLi 6, and did you choose to do so?

If yes, then your OpenPLi 4 backup contains files that shouldn't be in there. Perhaps selected the entire /etc directory for backup by mistake? If not, then I have no clue.

No - i just flashed the new openpli 6 from usb and then proceeded to download my plugins and the usual extras i use.

Then i got to backupsuite and i've had this problem since the late morning.

I wasn't prompted to restore a backup from my previous image and the current image i have is 6.

Veranderd door zigzag, 2 juli 2017 - 21:50

Re: BackupSuite #733 Dream1975

• 1634 berichten

+14
Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:57

You use backupsuite to backup the image to your HDD (so this OpenPLi4 backup is accessible in OpenPLi 6). I personally don't use (and know) backupsuite (as autobackup and autoinstall are everything I need so I am sure I always have a clean image after flashing that does have my settings and plugins restored), but isn't it possible that backupsuite put something back (maybe by selecting a wrong option or something) which has overwritten some systemfiles in your new OpenPLi 6?

Veranderd door Dream1975, 2 juli 2017 - 21:58

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: BackupSuite #734 Pedro_Newbie

• 4631 berichten

+225
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:59

I also get mixed feeds on the HD51

root@hd51:~# opkg update                                                       
Downloading http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-4/3rd-party/Packages.gz.                                                                             
Updated source 'openpli-3rd-party'.                                            
Downloading http://downloads.pli-images.org/feeds/openpli-4/3rd-party-hd51/Packages.gz.                                                                        
Updated source 'openpli-3rd-party-hd51'.                                       
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-6.0-rc/all/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openpli-all'.                                                  
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-6.0-rc/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4/Packages.gz.                                                              
Updated source 'openpli-cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4'.                               
Downloading http://downloads.openpli.org/feeds/openpli-6.0-rc/hd51/Packages.gz.
Updated source 'openpli-hd51'.                                                 
root@hd51:~#

Flashed this morning with the RC of yesterday afternoon                                

Re: BackupSuite #735 Pedro_Newbie

• 4631 berichten

+225
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 21:59

You use backupsuite to backup the image to your HDD (so this OpenPLi4 backup is accessible in OpenPLi 6). I personally don't use (and know) backupsuite (as autobackup and autoinstall are everything I need so I am sure I always have a clean image after flashing that does have my settings and plugins restored), but isn't it possible that backupsuite put something back (maybe by selecting a wrong option or something) which has overwritten some systemfiles in your new OpenPLi 6?

The backupsuite can't restore partial images, it is all or nothing

Re: BackupSuite #736 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 22:02

i can't see how the 2 versions would be mixed up as i had flashed via usb openpli 6 then after the flash i proceeded to download the plugins including the backupsuite.

I've not actually been able to use the backupsuite due to this error so cannot see where the old has mixed with the new versions.

Re: BackupSuite #737 Pedro_Newbie

• 4631 berichten

+225
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 22:02

But I can install mkfs-utils-ubifs

Re: BackupSuite #738 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68858 berichten

+1747
Excellent

Geplaatst op 2 juli 2017 - 22:03

For the 3rd-party feeds that is not a problem, those are binary ipk's anyway.

Looking again I can see the issue. The image flashed is an old R/C image, probably the first public trial we've deleted just after the build finished.

It has the incorrect name "openpli-rc-6.0", instead of ""openpli-6.0-rc", so that explains why the feeds aren't there.

Re: BackupSuite #739 Pedro_Newbie

• 4631 berichten

+225
Excellent

Try to remove the Backupsuite and reinstall it and see what happens

Re: BackupSuite #740 zigzag

• 174 berichten

Neutral

The plugin has been the most reliable back up plugin and i have used it for years without any issues at all. I can swear by it.

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers