OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #81 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:02

And maybe next time actually read the code before shouting nonsense?

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #82 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2013 - 20:01

I'm not going to discuss any GIT-issues with you anymore.

Whatever what question you're asked in this area you never ever answer.

Whatever what solution you're offered you're never happy.

So if you don't want any ready to use solution please go ahead and invent the wheel again yourself. But don't start moaning again about not being helped!

BTW: the official version in IHAD supports duo2.

Littlesat has the same qualities as you have, he doesnt listen to what others tells him!

We asked you many times before not to visit our OpenPLi forum anymore, as you are not welcome here, but still you come back....

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #83 mattiL

• 268 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2013 - 20:26

Are you people starting a war here?

I appreciate both SatKiekerd and LittleSats posts in this forum, please try to be polite to make

sure knowledgeable persons stays at this forum, we need them.

And of course also your posts, hemertje!

my 2ç

(been wrong once before)   :)

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #84 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2013 - 20:36

no war here , just the truth about a fact...

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #85 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:01

At first glance he is helpful and friendly but his constant reference to other images isnt at place here.
I'm glad openpli has serious teammembers and want to understand the root of the problem and a possible solution should just fix that.
If the problem is driver related for any kind of box: manufacturer should fix it. If they dont fix it: bad luck for those boxowners.
Shouldnt buy those boxes in the first place if you ask me.

If something isnt working as it should: research, report, give the team some pointers. Perhaps it get fixed soon. If not: just have patience.

I rather stick with an openpli image without all the "fixes" than start installing any OE Alliance based image. Sooner or later that kind of code fixing will stall development with a grinding halt.
But this is merely my personal opinion, and I see things out of a complete other perspective as the "pure" users who wants "all features" and dont know anything about programming.
I hope the openpli team will continue the path and destiny they once chosen and keep the code quality they reached!

Edited by Frenske, 27 August 2013 - 21:29.
I removed some incorrect lines. We'll talk this over by PM.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #86 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:31

@ All.

Please stay on topic and if you have remarks concerning private issues, discuss these by PM.
This concerns all members involved.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #87 cyb

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 August 2013 - 23:18

How do I set my IR Remote Control from numeric to alphanumeric, so I can write text?

Hello,

I have the same issue. I canot type letters with the remote, just numbers. Is there some menu to activate this feature ?

Thanks,

cyb

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #88 amigo

• 1,315 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2013 - 23:25

Looks like the everything thats adapted to full screen PLI HD skin will work with the text button to activate keyboard, 3th party not full screen not.

VU+ Ultimo 4K - 78 Triax met triple Quad 

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #89 rhka

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:06

How do I set my IR Remote Control from numeric to alphanumeric, so I can write text?

Hello,

I have the same issue. I canot type letters with the remote, just numbers. Is there some menu to activate this feature ?
Thanks,

cyb

Maybe someone know the code to put into a file somewhere to set alfanumeric RC?

There is a lot of addons who require some text to work. Wake up "guru's" help us:p
Vu+Duo2. 1Tb 3,5" internal hdd. 2Tb external hdd. OpenPli 4.0. PLi HD skin.

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #90 rhka

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:10

Wery much thanks in forehand.
Regards
An amateur:-)

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #91 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 28 August 2013 - 14:49

At first glance he is helpful and friendly but his constant reference to other images isnt at place here.

Please let me help you to understand me:

Having a lot of boxes, I'm using a variety of images. And I'm also following the forums of those image-teams.

Doing so makes it rather easy to try to replicate an issue mentioned on a forum; both on that image and on other images. When it turns out that only the one image suffers from the issue, I mention this to the image-team, who are usually thankful for this as it may provide a clue to a solution.

Only on the PLi-board I often have the feeling that offence is take by such a remark, instead of being happy to get a possible clue.

Needless to say that a solution for one image can't blindfolded be copied to another image......

On the other hand it turned out that PLi can also be gratefully accept the work of other people.

You remember the patches that PLi needed to be able to build images for the Solo2 and more recently for the DUO2? Those patches were largely based on weeks of intensive (almost 24/7) cooperation between andyblac from the OE-Alliance and VU+-devs, solving dozens of (driver-related)issues on the way.

And last but not least: let's be happy we have PLi. Without them many other teams would still be working on outdated, DM-based images.

I really hope the above helps you to understand my attitude a bit better. And maybe it will invite you to read my remarks more careful (or not, but better not respond to them in that case).

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #92 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 28 August 2013 - 15:25

Then let me explain a little bit of the OpenPli philosophy. We get many request like 'will you please support our shiny new hardware box'. The one thing we the like to see is a properly working driver. There is nothing 'gratefully accepted'  about it. It is what you reasonably expect! That is, as long as the the drivers are closed source. 

If they then use other 'external people' to help them test things at whatever conditions that is fine. But still a pity that the drivers then still contain flaws and any further communication/support seems to be a dead end. That is all fine with us, but then don't blame OpenPli.

Glad your happy with OpenPli. We are happy with the other teams using OpenPli as a base. That was THE reason for making it all open source.

We do not need to agree on everything. We can have hot discussions. But in the end all teams have limited resources and can not take care of everything.

OpenPli tries to build a stable base Image, and that may not always work as good as you wish on every box. But then again the other teams do their share to circumvent that.

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #93 rhka

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2013 - 23:32

Nice to hear... but the alfanum...?

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #94 jannegmx

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:15

rhka..........

You can bring the virtual keyboard up by longpressing the teletext-button.

Do that when You have marked a field where You have to put some letters in.

Have a nice day.

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #95 jannegmx

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:23

Can anyone please help me to make the built in wifi to work on vu+duo2 and open-pli 4 ?

I can´t save it and it never starts. Always crashes when I try to search for wireless networks from the wifi-mwny.

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #96 cyb

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:12

rhka..........

You can bring the virtual keyboard up by longpressing the teletext-button.

Do that when You have marked a field where You have to put some letters in.

Have a nice day.

Hello,

I've just tried that but nothing shows up...

Regards,

cyb

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #97 jannegmx

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 August 2013 - 20:03

cyb........

i´ve got vu+duo2 + openpli latest firmware.  That works for me. Press teletext-button when You have marked the line you will

write some letters in.

I´m sorry it doesn´t work for you.  What remote- control do you have?  I´m using the one that was in the vu+duo2 -

package. It looks almost the same as the one for vu+duo..But there is one button lightning up when you press a button.

Hopefully someone else can help you.

Have a nice day.

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #98 cyb

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 August 2013 - 21:31

Thanks for your help jannegmx :)

Well yes, I've got the latest OpenPli firmware and the remote control that was in the box with my brand new VU+DUO2.

This is why I do not understand why this is not working... When I'm longpressing the Teletext button, nothing happens, except the "You cannot do it" icon on the corner of the screen !

I think this does not have anything to do with the skin (as stated on the previous page) because I've tried with the original one and with few others.

However, I've tried different settings in the Keyboard menu and the characters typed when I use the remote are not the same, depending of the language/keyboard settings that I use. But none of them are showing the right letters and even if I type twice the same button, it does not change the character, it is the same one just repeated. I do not know why this is affecting the remote control as this is not a keyboard, that's weird.

Next week, I will try with a "real" keyboard in order to configure my plugins properly but not being able to use the remote for this is really annoying...

Edited by cyb, 30 August 2013 - 21:33.

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #99 rhka

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:57

I am using the new rc.
Where is the teletext button?

Re: OpenPli VU+ Duo2 support #100 rhka

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:16

An exemple where it's not working: eg. addon Email Client.
And again you refer to teletext button, no such button on my remote.

Edited by rhka, 31 August 2013 - 10:17.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users