• Please log in to reply
985 replies to this topic

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #601 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,624 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 14:12

So you see how easy it is for people to misinterpret what was written, and before you know it a discussion escalates without neither party having the intention to do so. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #602 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 14:27

@gorski

You still not answer..

This is simple things:

1. Why you use my work when I wrote to you that you are NOT welcome to do this?

2. I do not give you permission to copy my instructions. Why you do this?

Two simple questions, can you answer, please?

I do not want anything from you. So, why you do not have honor and use my work.

Leave this please. You are not welcome to use my work, copy my instructions and so on.

Please respect my will.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #603 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 14 July 2017 - 14:29

WW, I agree.

SSS, answer mine first. You attack everybody all the time and you seem to think that nobody can return the favour. I disagree,

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #604 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 14:36

Answer what? You not wrote a question.

SSS, answer mine first. You attack everybody all the time and you seem to think that nobody can return the favour. I disagree,

OK. This is your opinion. 

But, still you use my hard work. Why? I do not wish this.

I told you many times. You are not welcome to use my hard work nor copy my instructions and so on.
But, you still do this. Do you think such behavior is honorable?

Edited by samsamsam, 14 July 2017 - 14:39.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #605 Moonwalker

• 192 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 July 2017 - 16:18

Damn I hoped my post did not lead to this. 

@Gorski - I have followed SSS for long time and know his posts are a bit too direct so wont bother about his choice of words.  

@SSS - I will try to reprogram the VU solo again and report the exact space ffmpeg takes (including libraries). Sorry for not explaining properly in the first post.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #606 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 16:41

If you in fact followed my for long time for sure you saw posts of user @gorski where he offends me using vulgar words.

So, again I think you don't really know about what are you writing.
I will suggest you to first think hard, then write.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #607 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 16:53

e31.jpg

I guess we should all meet up one day, sniff some coke together and try to agree on this :D

I'll join as well..

Oh and remember.. it's always better to spend your money on coke than on a dm900 :)

Edited by MastaG, 14 July 2017 - 16:54.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #608 aido

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 July 2017 - 17:11

Hello there, I hope you are all well?

I am just trying serviceapp on the latest build of OpenVix (5.0.021 currently) and noticed there are issues with the EPG data being missing if serviceapp is configured to use exteplayer3. 

Basically EPG Importer finds no data as it doesn’t match the channels unless serviceapp is set back to use the original e2 way of doing things.

I see in the first post it says there are EPG issues, but then later in this thread I see posts that EPG is fixed.

From what I understand there are Enigma2 issues where if the service reference isn’t 1 or 4097 it is likely to not read the EPG data, and that something was changed (?) in OpenPLi like the posts by Athoik refer to with servicemp3. I’m not sure if that ever happened though?

Is this still an issue with all Enigma2 images or is it fixed in some please? I’ve tried OpenVix and OpenHDF today which had the same issue on my LX3. The version in OpenVix says 0.5+git104 and I think off the top of my head OpenHDF showed 0.6. OpenVix also says that GstPlayer is not installed whereas it was in OpenHDF (but I can’t remember the version number)

I just find exteplayer3 is much more stable for IPTV on the boxes I have here (Xpeed LX3 and Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2) and wondered if it was likely that the root cause would be fixed on other images please.

Unfortunately I cannot currently try OpenPLi as it does not have an image for either box I have (officially anyway).

Thanks in advance for any help and have a good weekend!

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #609 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2017 - 17:16

I reported this ages ago and its still not fixed in any image, not just Pli

Ian.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #610 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 17:28

Most of the PLi devs that work on the EPG-side of things don't use serviceapp that much I think.
It's best to wait for mx3L to look at this issue when he has the time :)

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #611 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2017 - 17:42

Yes. ServiceApp may be nice, but it's not OpenPLi "core business".

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #612 Moonwalker

• 192 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:58

So, one again:Moonwalker complain that  for example packege http://iptvplayer.pl...ive_rtmp.tar.gz contain /usr/bin/ffmpeg binary. I have shown him that the /usr/bin/ffmpeg binary has no big impact on the size of the ffmpeg package.

I am not complaining I am just asking and trying to understand things. This forum is for learning I suppose and even dumb questions should be answered politely.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #613 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:23

@Moonwalker

questions should be answered politely.

This was not question:

Umm ok but in the IPTV player wiki the instructions are to install the full ffmpeg binary which takes too much space on VU solo.

For me this sentence looks like complain. For sure this is not question. 

I will suggest you to first think hard, then write, because distortion of facts will not help you.

Edited by samsamsam, 15 July 2017 - 06:25.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #614 Moonwalker

• 192 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:11

Ok you do have a point here :)

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #615 aido

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:48

Back again - on OpenVix 5.0.023 I have IPTV Player installed which also installed gstplayer and this seems to be on the box but isn't detected by serviceapp and says not installed.

The gstplayer binary is installed in /usr/bin and if I run that I get the following output below - is serviceapp looking for it somewhere else please?

root@xpeedlx3:/usr/bin# ./gstplayer

../common/gstplayer.c >

{"GSTPLAYER_EXTENDED":{"version":10021,"gst_ver_major":1}}

Version for gstreamer 1.X

give me a filename please

Thanks in advance

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #616 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 19:42

Hello guys ..

Please any body knows how to fix (Forward) and (Back) to movies by exteplayer3 and gstplayer with serviceApp plugin?!

If I set in serviceApp (Enigma2 playback system = original) as photo show I can forward or go back .

Attached File  1.jpg   199.41KB   16 downloads

But If I set in serviceApp (Enigma2 playback system = serviceapp) (Player = gstplayer or exteplayer3) the (Forward) and (Back) doesn't work.

Thank you

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #617 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 17 July 2017 - 19:57

https://forums.openp...ndpost&p=741358

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #618 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 20:19

I know About numbers (The numbers options just make jump) same as seek feature.

I need some patch to make normal feature buttons (forward or go back)

Thank you

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #619 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2017 - 21:22

@fairbird

There is no plan to add such feature.

Forward or backward functions in Enigma2 player work only with some containers.

In the most of the containers it works badly, especially in case of backward.

Edited by samsamsam, 17 July 2017 - 21:23.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #620 fairbird

• 413 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 22:21

@samsamsam

Clear..

Thank you very much .. It is not important for me just some user asked me.  :)

DM500s
DM800

DM800se

DM920UHD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)