985 replies to this topic

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #641 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2017 - 13:39

@astons,

This is a non issue. If you want to use a develop codebase, accept the fact that at any time, that codebase can be instable due to work-in-progress. If you insist to, don't moan, but contribute and fix the issue you bump into.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #642 astons

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 August 2017 - 17:53

Thanks for your response.

@astons,

This is a non issue. If you want to use a develop codebase, accept the fact that at any time, that codebase can be instable due to work-in-progress. If you insist to, don't moan, but contribute and fix the issue you bump into.

Well, I did tried to explain @ian1095 why he got ignored by devs about his attempt to fix EPG, so I don't see the reason why someone could be upset about that.

Everything which I said I read on this forum and someone else started the topic, not me.

If you insist to, don't moan, but contribute and fix the issue you bump into.

I could said exactly same thing to many people in the past in time when I was developing things for sattelite TV .... but I didn't, I help as much I could. Also I knew that bug's in my code will be much faster me to fix than to let someone else to do it. That person first must analyze all my code and than he will be able to do something, every coder knows that. BUT you are right I could start E2 development and help you guys, probably it will take more time for me to analyze E2 code than you guys to fix problems in E2 which we are talking about.

I am not insisting, this is all just a hobby, when or if issues will be fixed, is fine by me.

Encrypted satellite TV is going down, providers are forcing their clients to use their boxes only, no more work around solution's, people just would like have their boxes useful for something in the future. With time, more and more people will ask about IPTV. I personally prefer more satellite TV than IPTV, but we have no other option.

Anyway is someone got offended or upset because of my post, then Sorry.
Thank you guys for a great image which you made so far.

Edited by astons, 27 August 2017 - 17:53.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #643 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2017 - 18:16

The 5002 EPG fix is something that many, many people want. Ive tried to fix it but its above my paygrade and I'm still stuck on populating the Bouquets list EPG. I do have all other EPG lists working though when using 4097, 5001 or 5002

This is something the likes of Littlesat could fix in less than 10mins, so I still fail to understand why no one has fixed it ? Serviceapp is here to stay ! Many images now make use of it.

Adding replace code for 4097,5001 and 5002 for both EPG and Picons is nothing to the Devs, but they just dont seem to want to do it, even though so many users wish for it to be done.

The other IPTV problems mentioned such as Auto Reconnect and fixing the Enigma2 Recording of IPTV are big issues, and yes I conceed these will indeed by hard to address, but none the less, if the image is to move forward with the times, then they need to be fixed.

As stated above, times are changing and these requirements are becoming more and more important as time goes by.

Ian.

Edited by ian1095, 27 August 2017 - 18:19.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #644 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2017 - 19:23

I'm with you Ian, and I think you did a great job trying to fix it.
However I'm afraid it's above my paygrade as well.
Keep in mind that the core-devs also have their priorities, even if they can fix it within a short period of time.
Littlesat for example is working very very hard adressing other issues and features.
So I guess we need to have a bit more patience :)

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #645 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2017 - 19:30

Ok thanks MastaG

We can only hope that one of them takes note and finds the time to address these issues.

Like you say, patience is key.

Ian.

Edited by ian1095, 27 August 2017 - 19:32.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #646 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 27 August 2017 - 20:34

For conventional picons (SRPs), the prefix is already done. If they are not showing, it is possible that the skin in use is using a separate renderer or the rest of the reference is not correct.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #647 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2017 - 21:17

Yes Ive seen your commits.

Simplicity itself in the way you've done it. Nice one. Now if someone would just do the same with the EpgList.py lol

Ian.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #648 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2017 - 21:31

I remember that I had some comments to the suggested diff to make the change a bit more accurate in code. (By using re to replace the start of the service ref). I can't remember and find now where that discussion was posted. When the suggested changes are tested I can arrange that it is merged.

Edited by littlesat, 27 August 2017 - 21:32.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #649 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:05

Yes its probably a good idea to use Substitute instead of Replace Littlesat, however, isn't this just nice Python at the end of the day ?

And am I correct in thinking that this will not address the problem that's still outstanding of finding the correct def to modify to enable the populating of the Bouquets list when using 5002 ect ?

Ian.

Edited by ian1095, 29 August 2017 - 06:05.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #650 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:27

Hello

@ian1095

I thought that EPG problem was already solved at least that's how I remember when I tested it.

I can look at it again, please provide me exact steps of what to do, so I can reproduce problem locally.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #651 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 30 August 2017 - 14:53

Welcome back mx3L :D

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #652 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 30 August 2017 - 15:23

Basically mx3L you add any IPTV channel to bouquets but instead of Flagging it as 1 to use Gstreamer you Flag it as 5002 or 5001 (but keeping Serviceapp set to Original)  and after doing this no EPG or picons are shown. However Abu Baniaz has made a commit on the OpenATV Github that addresses the Picons not showing.

I dont think this is a Servicapp problem ( although I could be wrong ) because once I changed the code in the EpgList.py to also use 5002, then the EPG populated perfectly through Serviceapp. The problem is that I'm now stuck at populating the Bouquets list EPG. I have successfully populated all other EPG lists, but lack the knowledge to complete the task.

Of course as Littlesat stated, my code changes are not "nice" Python as it were so I'm sure he will be kind enough make the Python good enough to be used in the Image, once the Bouquets list can also be populated too.

Ian.

Edited by ian1095, 30 August 2017 - 15:26.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #653 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:44

@MastaG thanks :)

@ian1095

It works for me, I tested it like this:

1. I took DVB-S2 channel where I have EPG available, i.e.:

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1329:CA2:3:EB0000:0:0:0:

2. Changed it to 5001 service and added some dummy http link:

#SERVICE 5001:0:19:1329:CA2:3:EB0000:0:0:0:http%3a//test:EPG_TEST

I have EPG for this channel in Single EPG view, Multi EPG view in Channel list and also in Infobar.

First I had serviceapp set to exteplayer3 but then I changed it to original, and it also worked.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #654 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 1 September 2017 - 11:39

Hi, I did update which exposes all player options via play url also added some more options in plugin settings.

Options passed via playurl:

Every option has to have a name started with prefix sapp_$(option_name)=$(value), where option_name and value is dependent on player which you use

exteplayer3 options:

const std::string  EXT3_SW_DECODING_AAC            = "aac_swdec";
const std::string  EXT3_SW_DECODING_AC3            = "ac3_swdec";
const std::string  EXT3_SW_DECODING_EAC3           = "eac3_swdec";
const std::string  EXT3_SW_DECODING_DTS            = "dts_swdec";
const std::string  EXT3_SW_DECODING_MP3            = "mp3_swdec";
const std::string  EXT3_SW_DECODING_WMA            = "wma_swdec";
const std::string  EXT3_DOWNMIX                    = "downmix";
const std::string  EXT3_LPCM_INJECTION             = "lpcm_injection";
const std::string  EXT3_FLV2MPEG4_CONVERTER        = "flv2mpeg4";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_PROGRESSIVE       = "progressive";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_INIFITY_LOOP      = "loop";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_LIVETS            = "live_ts";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_AUDIO_TRACK_ID    = "audio_id";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_SUBTITLE_TRACK_ID = "subtitle_id";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_AUDIO_URI         = "audio_uri";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_DASH_VIDEO_ID     = "dash_video_id";
const std::string  EXT3_PLAYBACK_DASH_AUDIO_ID     = "dash_audio_id";
const std::string  EXT3_RTMP_PROTOCOL              = "rtmpproto";
const std::string  EXT3_NICE_VALUE                 = "nice";
const std::string  EXT3_FFMPEG_SETTING_STRING      = "ffmpeg_option";

gstplayer options:

const std::string GST_DOWNLOAD_BUFFER_PATH = "download_buffer_path";
const std::string GST_RING_BUFFER_MAXSIZE  = "ring_buffer_maxsize";
const std::string GST_BUFFER_SIZE          = "buffer_size";
const std::string GST_BUFFER_DURATION      = "buffer_duration";
const std::string GST_VIDEO_SINK           = "video_sink";
const std::string GST_AUDIO_SINK           = "audio_sink";
const std::string GST_AUDIO_TRACK_IDX      = "audio_id";
const std::string GST_SUBTITLE_ENABLED     = "subtitles_enabled";

Most settings are boolean so they have to had values of either "0" or "1"

Non boolean settings with not obvious values are:

const std::string EXT3_RTMP_PROTOCOL = "rtmpproto"

0 - auto mode, 1 - ffmpeg, 2 - librtmp

const std::string EXT3_SW_DECODING_AAC = "aac_swdec";

1 - to AAC ADTS, 2 - to AAC LATM

const std::string GST_BUFFER_SIZE = "buffer_size";

buffer size in kilobytes
const std::string GST_BUFFER_DURATION = "buffer_duration";

buffer duration in seconds

So for example to set for gstplayer service custom buffer duration and custom buffer size via playurl I could do it like this:

#SERVICE 5001:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://home/marko/shared/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm#sapp_buffer_duration=5&sapp_buffer_size=1024 BUNNY_TEST_GST

It would be great if somebody could test it, for now I put it in test branch.

https://github.com/m...eapp/tree/test2

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #655 ciuko

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 September 2017 - 23:03

@MastaG thanks :)

@ian1095

It works for me, I tested it like this:

1. I took DVB-S2 channel where I have EPG available, i.e.:

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1329:CA2:3:EB0000:0:0:0:

2. Changed it to 5001 service and added some dummy http link:

#SERVICE 5001:0:19:1329:CA2:3:EB0000:0:0:0:http%3a//test:EPG_TEST

I have EPG for this channel in Single EPG view, Multi EPG view in Channel list and also in Infobar.

First I had serviceapp set to exteplayer3 but then I changed it to original, and it also worked.

Dear mx3L,

in order to make EPG works when using SERVICE 5002 in bouquets, which files i need to modify? I'm on Openatv 6.1 image.

Regards,

ciuko

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #656 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 4 September 2017 - 07:01

I had comments on the 5001 to 1 patch as the suggested code could be simplified. When someone offer a good merge request I can merge it. It also seems now we need to replace 5002 is what atv has is also not complete and probable also 4097 or so could be added.... which is more easy to do with re. As well for epg as for picon

Edited by littlesat, 4 September 2017 - 07:03.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #657 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 4 September 2017 - 07:05

I think issue is people are not sure which is the relevant file. And also which section of that file.

Apologies if this is incorrect.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #658 ciuko

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 September 2017 - 16:15

I think issue is people are not sure which is the relevant file. And also which section of that file.

Apologies if this is incorrect.

yes it is. I would like to know which files I should modify and the new code to add.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #659 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 4 September 2017 - 16:39

@ciuko

I don't know which version of serviceapp is used on openatv6.1 image. I'm working on openpli 6 rc.

If there is at least version which contains this commit it https://github.com/m...ab618903868c43b, then it should work.

Otherwise I'm just editing my bouquets in /etc/enigma2 directory. What steps do you do to create your 5001/5002 service in bouquets?

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #660 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 4 September 2017 - 16:45

@littlesat

I think there is no need to change anything inside enigma2. AFAIK just providing RESULT eStaticServiceAppInfo::getEvent(const eServiceReference &ref, ePtr<eServiceEvent> &evt, time_t start_time) method inside serviceapp should be sufficient to deliver epg in channel list. It's already in serviceapp and it's working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users