gstreamer ffmpeg

• Please log in to reply
985 replies to this topic

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #781 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2018 - 14:56

This is not good place to report errors with E2iPlayer aka IPTVPlayer.

Go to official project site:

http://www.iptvplayer.gitlab.io/

to find were you should report such problems.

You need to install ffmpeg libraries:

http://www.iptvplaye.../ffinstall.html

and restart E2.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #782 absmo

• 7 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 10 September 2018 - 16:26

ServiceApp I tested about half a year ago. Finally, I found that I needed it at all. Just throw the old satellite box into the basket (power weaker) and buy a new satellite Linux box. Then, just learn the basics of working with unix/linux based systems and it's done. It's just a few days of work.

ServiceApp is to be used by developer enigma2 as a tool. Not for ordinary mortals. IPTV is working for me without ServiceApp for long. The local IPTV stream (DVB via UDP-mutlicast in the WAN network from an internet provider) works and also runs the common type of Internet http-stream (all available Internet TV stations from all foreign countries).

You should not mix different versions of FFMPEG en / decoder with a particular player. Developers often only adapt to a particular FFMPEG version and also refine their IPTV-Player on a particular FFMPEG. When I worked with ServiceApp, I had a lot of problems with it. Only some versions of FFMPEG have worked. FFMPEG is a great project, but it is still unfortunately not used in the basics of enigma2. Only some plugins use it.

In my opinion, ServiceApp is superfluous, combined with the incompetence of ordinary people. As I have written, it is rather for programmers. Playing a streaming media over the Internet is a long-standing thing in all distributions of a new enigma. We live in the 21st century, and if some enigma2 can not handle IPTV playback, then it's time to change them. Problems arise on old Linux satellite boxes, but this can already be assumed (weak performance). However, older Linux boxes often do not even have the option of flashing better firmware (no newer ones are produced).

I hate embedded IT people with a maximum of one year's experience and a real age of 15 years old. They think they took the wisdom of the world after they learned to turn on their satellite box. They do not even know what one bit means (90% of the programmers I really do not know, which is 1 bit).

Goodbye.

Do you know that the latest version of e2 service app is actually blocking subtitling support to perform normally?

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #783 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2018 - 12:17

Hi,
Does gstplayer enable to reduce the zapping time between 2 channels please ?
Because with an Android Box the zapping is half a second , but with OpenPli it’s 3 or 6 secondes.
Best regards

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #784 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2018 - 12:31

What kind of channels?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #785 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2018 - 17:42

Yes sorry: IPTV Channels . On a vu+ solo2 with VTI image , latest version .

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #786 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2018 - 17:42

OpenPLI was changed to VTI

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #787 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2018 - 23:08

An STB is not a streaming box, you can't compare it to an Android / Kodi box.

On the STB you need (for streams that aren't to DVB standard) a piece of software that handles the stream, convert it to something the hardware understands, and then sends it to the hardware to be processed. It can't and will never be as fast as a software specific stream solution with software codecs. 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #788 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 06:49

Ok i understand . But in my case the zapping time change from 3 sec to 6 sec , one day . I asked my provider they haven’t change the stream format.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #789 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,295 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2018 - 06:50

Iptv provider... sounds like illegal stuff... and who say they did not change something? But it was also on VTI so not really our cookie at all...

Edited by littlesat, 8 October 2018 - 06:54.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #790 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 07:54

Gstreamer is horribly bad with iptv, especially 0.10 version. And surprisingly it is bad with ts based streams which should be kind of native for stb.
Tell us all details about your stream and software.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #791 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,673 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2018 - 09:50

We haven't used 0.10 since OpenPLi 4.

Enigma plays SoC compatible streams like transport streams directly, without using gstreamer. The gstreamer implementation on the STB is not a player but a converter, it converts the input to something native to the STB, which is then fed into the dvbmediasink for the SoC to process. Given the fact that this is done using software codecs, and the CPU of the SoC is in many cases not very fast, it will always be sub-optimal. An STB is not a media player...

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #792 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,295 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2018 - 11:36

And illegal iptv streams can do strange things... so their stream is even more difficult to play by a e2 box....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #793 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 11:55

Pli4 was marked as stable there for long enough time to leave bad memories.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #794 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 13:01

The stream is a *.ts stream via http , and I use serviceApp with ffmpeg or gstplayer . The result is the same. I mean : the zapping is still 6 secondes instead of 3 secondes. 3 to 6 appears suddenly without apparent reason .

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #795 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 15:54

If you want more answers, I guess you need to install pli.

I want also tell you, that hardware ts demux is handled badly by dvb drivers or hardware. Because of async architecture of the drivers. In oder to get stream playing we need to set transport and video/audio pids for the ts demuxer. Otherwise it will just skip the stream until next sync packet. And those sync packets in iptv can be quite rare, which causes long start times.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #796 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 17:32

Do you mean that if I go back to OpenPLI ( actually VTI) you will be able to give me some tuning in order to « set PiDS for the ts demuxer » ? If yes i can go back OpenPLi .

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #797 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 17:44

Do you mean that if I go back to OpenPLI ( actually VTI) you will be able to give me some tuning in order to « set PiDS for the ts demuxer » ? If yes i can go back OpenPLi .

No it is my suggestion to you, so that (I hope) openPli developers wouldn't turn you around that fast.

The second part of my message was addressed to OpenPli devs, regarding possible cause of the issue.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #798 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 17:50

Ok , so i’m surely not the first to experienced this problem ? So I will go back to OpenPLI . Do you wich person here can examine the problem ? Perhaps will I have to send log or TCPdump file ?

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #799 technic

• 81 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 17:56

I don't think this gonna be fixed fast. But I still want to ask Pli devs whether we have hardware or software demux of ts streams in gstreamer?

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #800 fwi98

• 29 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2018 - 18:03

Ok. Thanks for what you could kindly do for that.
So in my case and regarding to what you said , if my zapping time doubled recently, I think that , in fact , the stream changed and contains half PID’s than before .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users