Photo

vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #21 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:33

All confusing to a beginner but I can confirm that there is no fix in the RC 6 release as of 14th July. I have found an update to terrestrial.xml which allows GB channels to be explicitly chosen when setting up the DVB-T card but it doesn't help the T2 not found problem.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:43

What date does your Enigma have (check in menu, information, about)?

The PLP fix should be part of the image of the 14th? If not, a new build is currently running, could you check later today?

You don't normally need a terrestrial.xml, I get 180 channel (TV+Radio) when I do a normal DVB-T scan (but I don't have a Solo4K).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #23 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:20

You do need a terrestrial.xml if you want a proper list of transport streams that correspond with your location. If you just use the European list weak transponder will overwrite strong ones, and the scan also takes much longer than necessary.

@roadster, if you want a fully maintained terrestrial.xml for UK masts you can get the file from OE-Alliance.

https://github.com/o...terrestrial.xml

In OE-Alliance images, in SatConfig.py, you can select country, and then it just loads masts from your country. But file works fine in OpenPLi too, you just need to scroll through a lot of entries.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #24 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:32

Ok. I don't have that problem, with a proper directional aerial on the roof (I'm on the edge of a reception area) ...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #25 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:56

You do need a terrestrial.xml if you want a proper list of transport streams that correspond with your location. If you just use the European list weak transponder will overwrite strong ones, and the scan also takes much longer than necessary.

@roadster, if you want a fully maintained terrestrial.xml for UK masts you can get the file from OE-Alliance.

https://github.com/o...terrestrial.xml

In OE-Alliance images, in SatConfig.py, you can select country, and then it just loads masts from your country. But file works fine in OpenPLi too, you just need to scroll through a lot of entries.

Thanks I've got that and merged GB bit with the original. Its working but still no T2 channels even though they are clearly listed in the file.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:59

Can you reply to my questions in #22 before we dig any further? If your box doesn't have the fix that Huevos made, it's pointless doing that.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #27 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:10

What date does your Enigma have (check in menu, information, about)?

The PLP fix should be part of the image of the 14th? If not, a new build is currently running, could you check later today?

You don't normally need a terrestrial.xml, I get 180 channel (TV+Radio) when I do a normal DVB-T scan (but I don't have a Solo4K).

I've just installed the RC 6 image dated 15th for the Ultimo 4K and tested. T2 channels still not detected. Checking the Enigma version it is dated 13th so might have missed out on the patch. Looking at the commit history it does list the PLP patch by Huevos so does that mean it may not be the same problem?

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #28 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:33

I have setup scanning on solo 4K as pictured with 15/07/2017 PLi RC image. Scan works and finds both DVB-T and DVB-T2 channels in the UK.

No changes/plugins/files added.

If I add my mast details and use that, scan time reduces from 6 minutes plus to less than 50 seconds. Ditto using ABM.

Attached Files

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 15 July 2017 - 16:33.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #29 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:57

Yep. Patch is for Satfinder, so normal Manual Scan works fine. Anyway  UK uses PLP ID = 0, which is the default.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #30 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:36

Yep. Patch is for Satfinder, so normal Manual Scan works fine. Anyway  UK uses PLP ID = 0, which is the default.

problem is, Boxer in Sweden uses PLP ID=1 and if i use default frequency list for europe it finds exactly zero dvb-t2 muxes.

i can make a copy of this frequency table in the xml and add plp_id="1" in the xml and make it work.

but i'm not sure about the correct approach going forward, if i should create a new frequency table by just copying the europe one and add plp_id="1" to all frequencies (dvb-t seems to ignore plp so works) or if the proper fix is for the drivers to auto detect this.

factory default firmware from vuplus seems to do one extra step before starting the real scan (auto scan), i don't know what it is doing exactly and it also seems to default to plp=1 and not 0 and i think one of those two is what makes the factory default image work much better.

perhaps a dev can take a look at what they do differently?

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #31 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:40

I've just installed the RC 6 image dated 15th for the Ultimo 4K and tested. Checking the Enigma version it is dated 13th so might have missed out on the patch.

That is why I asked, it could be the enigma version in the R/C is pinned on a commit hash, so it should be moved to HEAD of the branch again manually. I've asked Erik to check before the next R/C build.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #32 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:40

and something a little off-topic, maybe satfinder should be called signal finder since it can be used to find the signal on dvb-t too and there is no satellites involved there

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:41

Yeah, is on the todo list. ;)

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #34 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:54

and something a little off-topic, maybe satfinder should be called signal finder since it can be used to find the signal on dvb-t too and there is no satellites involved there

Don't forget cable TV ;)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #35 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:57

https://github.com/O...bb8fbe87b17f745

@Tobbe, I went through this a couple of nights ago with AbuBaniaz. Problem is for UK PLP ID is "0". Same for German T2. If scanning T2 UK muxes with PLP ID set to "1" no channels are found. So just changing the default is not a fix. I think your only option is having a correct terrestrial.xml file for you local mast.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #36 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:00

Do you say that after your fix, a new scan should not find any T2 channels anymore?

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #37 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:15

@Tobbe, I went through this a couple of nights ago with AbuBaniaz. Problem is for UK PLP ID is "0". Same for German T2. If scanning T2 UK muxes with PLP ID set to "1" no channels are found. So just changing the default is not a fix. I think your only option is having a correct terrestrial.xml file for you local mast.

yes, that's what i meant, in terestrial.xml i make a copy of the entier europe table and make up a new name for it, then set plp id to 1 on all of them.

that should fix it and hopefully also be future proof enough.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #38 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:16

nice, i'll check it out once it gets into the next rc

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #39 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:18

Do you say that after your fix, a new scan should not find any T2 channels anymore?

No. My fix is for Satfinder. In satfinder PLP ID was missing from the GUI so user could not edit PLP ID to the correct value. Fix is absolutely necessary to cure that problem.

In manual Scan the user can access PLP ID, but PLP ID is only for a user defined transponders.

For complete scans the transponder details come from terrestrial.xml (like all the other parameters, frequency, etc).

Edited by Huevos, 15 July 2017 - 21:21.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #40 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,439 posts

+62
Good

Posted 15 July 2017 - 21:47

I wish Tobbe would give feedback as to whether an xml file with correct plp id works or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users