95 replies to this topic

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #61 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 16 July 2017 - 22:30

Our one also has different name.

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 16 July 2017 - 22:31.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #62 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 22:35

In the UK the Ultimo 4K (RC 6) is still not detecting T2. I have even tried using a transmitter specific terrestrial.xml file and tried setting plp_id to zero interactively. As far as I know only Black Hole and VUplus standard image are working but I see that ViX has been updated so I might try that again.

I'm afraid I have nowhere near the competence to explain what is wrong but I can say that the latest OpenViX  5 0 023 works brilliantly and allows the selection of a specific UK transmitter with its standard configuration files.

Use the terrestrial.xml from OE-Alliance (maintained by AbuBaniaz) and your OpenPLi image should scan your local mast no problem.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #63 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 July 2017 - 00:03

I have added your mast in the file used by OE-A images.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-tuxbox-common/commit/26f6ac0d130cc2fb6233d36bcf36edc9cbcaa946

Are you able to get a raw transport stream recordings using your DVB-T card on your PC? I'd like to add Swedish Terrestrial to ABM for those who want it.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #64 babsy98

• 166 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:58

you set flag 5 in the xml this say , make allways a network scan

check the e2 log  in Germany e2 found all nit self and plp _id 0 and 1 was auto selected

new dvb-t2 tuner dont like manual options like dream or  all new si tuners,

we have change it to add only "centre_frequency" and  "bandwidth" and now all channels found in Germany

i have test add manual option tuner find 22 channels, add only default find here 74 channels

Edited by babsy98, 17 July 2017 - 04:59.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #65 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:00

In the UK the Ultimo 4K (RC 6) is still not detecting T2. I have even tried using a transmitter specific terrestrial.xml file and tried setting plp_id to zero interactively. As far as I know only Black Hole and VUplus standard image are working but I see that ViX has been updated so I might try that again.

I'm afraid I have nowhere near the competence to explain what is wrong but I can say that the latest OpenViX  5 0 023 works brilliantly and allows the selection of a specific UK transmitter with its standard configuration files.

Use the terrestrial.xml from OE-Alliance (maintained by AbuBaniaz) and your OpenPLi image should scan your local mast no problem.

Yes I have tried that but it made no difference.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #66 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:13

You still haven't told us what model tuner you are using. Please post a screenshot of your tuner config.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #67 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 July 2017 - 21:11

Thanks I've got that and merged GB bit with the original. Its working but still no T2 channels even though they are clearly listed in the file.

Those two statements are not the same. Using a file and adding a section from one into another are two different things. An error may have occurred.

In addition to answering questions by Huevos, which mast is your aerial pointing to?
http://www.ukfree.tv/extras/settings
https://ukfree.tv/maps/alphabetical

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 17 July 2017 - 21:12.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #68 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2017 - 22:11

I still don't understand this discussion. No matter which box I take, a DVB-T scan gives me all channels, T and T2, without any additional effort like fiddling with xml's. So either this is VU+ specific (I don't have a VU+ box with DVB-T), or it is something local...

(since I'm on a directional aerial, I doubt I have issues with weak and strong frequencies).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #69 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,440 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 July 2017 - 23:13

It depends what area you are in and how many masts are near you. One of our testers has an aerial pointing to Luton. If he scans all frequencies, he receives some transmission from a mast in the opposite direction, Sandy Heath. He too has a directional aerial.

If only we had a way to pick which channels/frequencies to scan in one go, like we do for multi sat scanning. This would still require people to know which frequencies to use for the mast that their aerial is pointing to.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #70 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2017 - 23:24

@WanWizard, Tobbe's problem is solved... and roadster's problem... well not very forthcoming with information. Right now we don't even know if he is using a T2 capable tuner...

As far as the xml file is concerned it is helpful in a few ways.

1) It reduces scan time because only 5 or 6 frequencies are scanned instead of 98 steps for the complete Europe scan.

2) Avoids duplicates (where channels are the same but TSID is different).

3) Avoids overwrites (where multiple frequencies have identical TSIDs).

There are also other problems solved by having a correct terrestrial.xml, e.g. the impossibility to do a network scan when the mast is a repeater.

If your situation is a directional aerial orientated towards a main mast and no interference from other masts the above problems are immaterial.

My personal situation is 3 main transmitters and 2 repeaters all receivable, which is what prompted me to write the Terrestrial Scan plugin.

Edited by Huevos, 17 July 2017 - 23:25.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #71 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:39

At this point I have concluded that my problem is not the same as the original poster and as I am going to stick with OpenViX for now ( because its working better than any other that I have tried )so I am dropping out of this thread. Just for the record my tuner card ( in the Ultimo 4K ) is the Vuplus ssh108 dvb-C/T/T2 card. The changelogs for OpenVix (http://www.openvix.c.../5.0/oe-git.log )do show that this problem was explicitly fixed, possibly with a driver update.

Thanks for all those putting in efforts in support, please don't think its not appreciated.

P.S. There was a side issue with T2 channels even after Blackhole and Vuplus default images were able to find the T2 channels, namely that dynamic program information was corrupted and unreadable. This is fixed in OpenVix too.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #72 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 13:23

@Huevos,

I see your point. Is it a possibility to have this (plugin, XML) on neutral ground? I have a very double feeling with having our build process pulling files out of a collegue's repo, I'd rather avoid that.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #73 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 15:39

I'm sure AbuBaniaz would be happy to send a PR for terrestrial.xml every once in a while (and cables.xml too if OpenPLi wanted).

Re: TerrestrialScan plugin (OE-Alliance-plugins), This just steps through all frequencies and selects the strongest mux when TSIDs are identical. PLi is welcome to fork the plugin and use it as they please just as Dimitrij did with the BlindScan plugin. After all it is open source code written for the benefit of the community as a whole.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #74 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 15:53

The reason for asking was that I'm not that fond of forks, as that just doubles the maintenance effort. But if it can't be helped...

And thanks for offering, to bad not everyone has the same positive attitude towards open source... ;)

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #75 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,022 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:28

Huevos

terrestrialscan

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #76 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+82
Good

Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:50

this seems newer

https://github.com/o...estrialScan/src

check it out, I changed some things, kind of bigger (fonts), put it in the middle of the screen, it goes to SystemPlugins, after enigma2 restart you cand find it ubder Service searching -> Terrestrial Scan

Attached Files

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #77 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,022 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 16:52

openpli 4 vs1500

vs1500 login: root
root@vs1500:~# opkg list *terrestrialscan*
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-terrestrialscan - y-git4602+99e73db-r0.2 - systemplugins-terrestrialscan  systemplugins-terrestrialscan
root@vs1500:~#

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #78 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 18:02

Applied. Now please also provide with a patch that renames the plugin itself (file system) (tested please ;)).

I'm guessing we have to edit here.

https://github.com/O.../Satfinder/meta

https://github.com/O...atfinder.xml#L8

It is above my current abilities. Need someone with bitbake knowledge.

Don't worry I'll do it when I get time.

BTW, I can't believe the author says Dream Multimedia. I almost completely rewrote this plugin. Before you couldn't select tuner once plugin was open. No predefined transponders, no terrestrial, no cable, list is endless.

Yes, confirmed. Who is complaining?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #79 ricki

• 571 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 18 July 2017 - 18:08

546 MHz and Frekvens 212,50 MHz only find witht manuel search and set PLP ID = 1

Southern Sweden

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #80 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,617 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 18:17

If we have the plugin in the feed, shouldn't it not be installed by default, like the satscan and cablescan?

And then use the suggestion that was made earlier, and hide the onces for which no tuners are defined?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users