Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #41 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:10

@Huevos,

Clear, thanks.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #42 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:17

I wish Tobbe would give feedback as to whether an xml file with correct plp id works or not.

yes, this works just fine, terrestrial.xml with plp id set to 1 works

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #43 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 15 July 2017 - 22:31

Can you try this xml file. Please give feedback whether it works or not. If it does not work, amend it and re-post it. if it crashes, delete the countrycode="SWE"

Can you also attach your lamedb5 file please? (not lamedb file)

Attached Files

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #44 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 16 July 2017 - 00:50

Yeah, is on the todo list. ;)

Continuing off-topic..... Sorry.

Pull request here

https://github.com/O...7ab4913dd57d16e

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 16 July 2017 - 00:51.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #45 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:44

Applied. Now please also provide with a patch that renames the plugin itself (file system) (tested please ;)).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #46 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:18

In the UK the Ultimo 4K (RC 6) is still not detecting T2. I have even tried using a transmitter specific terrestrial.xml file and tried setting plp_id to zero interactively. As far as I know only Black Hole and VUplus standard image are working but I see that ViX has been updated so I might try that again.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #47 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:10

Can you try this xml file. Please give feedback whether it works or not. If it does not work, amend it and re-post it. if it crashes, delete the countrycode="SWE"

Can you also attach your lamedb5 file please? (not lamedb file)

sure

before doing this test i was using the following in terrestrial.xml

<terrestrial name="Tobbe (Europe DVB-T/T2)" flags="5" countrycode="SWE">
		<transponder centre_frequency="498000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" />
		<transponder centre_frequency="514000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" />
		<transponder centre_frequency="522000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" />
		<transponder centre_frequency="546000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" />
		<transponder centre_frequency="570000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" />
		<transponder centre_frequency="650000000" bandwidth="0" constellation="3" plp_id="1" />
	</terrestrial>

and that produced the attached file "lamedb5.before.txt"

i then replaced my xml file with yours and did a new auto scan.

this produced the attached file: lamedb5.after.txt

both cases worked equally well and found all 70 channels.

over the last few days i have sometimes noticed problems with my CI module not sure if it is related or not (maybe it isn't)

it feels like ci module stops responding and result is that all encrypted channels doesn't work, a reboot fixes this problem.

Attached Files

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #48 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:21

both cases worked equally well and found all 70 channels.

i think i spoke a little too soon.

with your xml file, after quickly flipping thru all channels the ones on 514Mhz results in a "tune failed" message.

they were found during the scan but doesn't tune.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #49 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:32

In the UK the Ultimo 4K (RC 6) is still not detecting T2. I have even tried using a transmitter specific terrestrial.xml file and tried setting plp_id to zero interactively.

Very weird, why would this box not work, but any other box with the same image would? All boxes with a DVB-T tuner I have find all 180 channels that are available here (Sutton Coldfield transmitter).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #50 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:47

@roadster, what tuner are you using. If you are using a Vu+ hybrid twin DVB-C/T2 AbuBaniaz is using the identical tuner and it scans fine.

Edited by Huevos, 16 July 2017 - 14:48.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #51 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 16 July 2017 - 16:22

@Tobbe, are you sure that you are giving the correct mast details. 570000 is in your original lamedb, but it is not listed on that website. Do the channels on 682000 work?

All your frequencies are PLP 1.

With regards to 514000, it is DVB-T2, so you should add "system = 1",  rescan and try again.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #52 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 16 July 2017 - 17:37

Applied. Now please also provide with a patch that renames the plugin itself (file system) (tested please ;)).

I'm guessing we have to edit here.

https://github.com/O.../Satfinder/meta

https://github.com/O...atfinder.xml#L8

It is above my current abilities. Need someone with bitbake knowledge.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #53 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 18:16

@Tobbe, are you sure that you are giving the correct mast details. 570000 is in your original lamedb, but it is not listed on that website. Do the channels on 682000 work?

whats listed at 682MHz appears to be what i receive on 570Mhz so yes there is something odd there.
not sure why, but i do know they sometimes change things and you have to do a rescan.

With regards to 514000, it is DVB-T2, so you should add "system = 1",  rescan and try again.

a manual scan after the auto scan seems to have fixed the 514MHz frequency.
but what i don't get is why i have to scan it manually after the auto scan to make it work.

also regarding the frequency list as such, i don't think there is any point in trying to create a regional "as short as possible list", it will be too hard to do and will likely need to be updated now and then.
what i did for my self was to just make a copy of "Europe, Middle East, Africa: DVB-T Frequencies" and call my copy something else like: "EMEA PLP 1 (Boxer): DVB-T/T2 Frequencies" and then set plp_id="1" on every listed frequency.

this works and is hopefully future proof enough as long as they don't change plp id.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #54 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 16 July 2017 - 18:34

It is not hard to do, the website can be scraped and a list made. However, we need someone who can test in a methodical manner and as asked. You decided to scan manually. So, nobody knows whether an automatic scan with correct entries works or not for you. It also does not help when you say that you have certain frequencies for your area, but your lamedb file has something different.

The coding on the scanning is such that if system is not listed, both 0 & 1 are scanned. That supposedly did not work for you.

There is value in having mast specific entries. Scanning is significantly faster and you can avoid interference from signal from another mast.

Anyway, glad you are sorted.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #55 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 19:01

whats listed at 682MHz appears to be what i receive on 570Mhz so yes there is something odd there.
not sure why, but i do know they sometimes change things and you have to do a rescan.

well... 570 & 682 both contain same channels but 570 have absolutely horrible reception.

i suspect this is from a nearby transmitter (the wrong one)

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #56 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 16 July 2017 - 19:57

Can you try the following exactly please.

• Transfer the .xml file to /etc/enigma2

• Issue the following command which will remove all services and restart.
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb* && init 3
  • Set both your tuners as "Tobbe 16july (Europe DVB-T/T2)"

• Select manual scan, then select "complete"

• Scan.

• Check all channels.

If all channels work, upload both lamedb files again please.

Attached Files

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #57 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 20:23

done, see attached file.

only thing i did differently was to set system to auto in manual scan page.

tested the channels and they work.

audio is still a problem on some channels but that's a different problem (and different thread)

Attached Files

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #58 Tobbe

• 29 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 20:24

FYI normally when i scan i do an auto scan, not manual complete scan.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #59 roadster

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 22:21

In the UK the Ultimo 4K (RC 6) is still not detecting T2. I have even tried using a transmitter specific terrestrial.xml file and tried setting plp_id to zero interactively. As far as I know only Black Hole and VUplus standard image are working but I see that ViX has been updated so I might try that again.

I'm afraid I have nowhere near the competence to explain what is wrong but I can say that the latest OpenViX  5 0 023 works brilliantly and allows the selection of a specific UK transmitter with its standard configuration files.

Re: vu+ solo 4k & dvb-t2 = broken #60 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,229 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 22:27

I'm guessing we have to edit here.

https://github.com/O.../Satfinder/meta

https://github.com/O...atfinder.xml#L8

It is above my current abilities. Need someone with bitbake knowledge.

Don't worry I'll do it when I get time.

BTW, I can't believe the author says Dream Multimedia. I almost completely rewrote this plugin. Before you couldn't select tuner once plugin was open. No predefined transponders, no terrestrial, no cable, list is endless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users